Floyd of the first Maidana fight vs. Keith Thurman.

First gif is Maidana RETURNING a low blow from Floyd which isn't dirty at all. That is fair play all day long.

Second one I have no idea? Attempted knee? That's weird as hell.
I’ve never seen a Maidana fight where he wasnt dirt himself.
The knee landed inside his thigh as well, and for everyone that did muay thai, knows that shit is effective.
Maidana has also shot in takedowns and more ridiculous shit in that fight.

Who can blame him, im pretty sure most trainers add a groin shot in their gameplans against floyd, like the Zap Juda fight.

I sort of agree, but then again, a guy like Jose Luis Castillo was a fairly textbook pressure fighter (excellent footwork, very good on the inside, etc.).

Pressure is pretty much always the main enemy of an outboxer or counter puncher, so if you were both like Floyd its hard to get a read on a guy who's feinting you out like Castillo did. That's part of why I think Amir Khan would have done better against Floyd than most people give him credit for (though I don't necessarily think he'd have won).

Floyd tended to have trouble with people that didn't mind him wrestling them. A lot of Floyd's punch and clutch and sneaky elbows are why he was able to shut people down in a way that a guy like Broner couldn't. So guys like Maidana and Cotto who were good at countering that, keeping their head lower and muscling him upwards did better against him large and part because of that.

I’ve never seen a Maidana fight where he wasnt dirt himself.
The knee landed inside his thigh as well, and for everyone that did muay thai, knows that shit is effective.
Maidana has also shot in takedowns and more ridiculous shit in that fight.

Who can blame him, im pretty sure most trainers add a groin shot in their gameplans against floyd, like the Zap Juda fight.

Taking even a light knee to the inside thigh can make that leg feel hollow for the rest of the fight but I'm surprised that Maidana was ballsy enough to attempt it.

Maidana fights dirty. I don’t let that bother me much, I love watching him fight. You punch me in the balls im sending you the same present

Hahha ya because keith has shown that hes this world beater hahahaha

My bad man. I didn't read it properly. I thought you said Thurman would win easily. I agree with you...Floyd would win easy.

Keith probably beats him, he's better than Chino but if hes not careful the Spence situation will make him look like Floyd circa 09/14 when he was avoiding Pac like he had dengue fever.

Keith probably beats him, he's better than Chino but if hes not careful the Spence situation will make him look like Floyd circa 09/14 when he was avoiding Pac like he had dengue fever.

Aside from a discussion of whether or not Thurman was better than the Maidana who fought Floyd, Thurman and Maidana are nothing alike as fighters. What advantages does Thurman have here? Is he going to outbox Mayweather from the outside?

Dumb casuals still believe Mayweather ducked Pacquiao? Shocker.

You mean when pac turned down the fight twice and tried to wait for floyd to get old, dont try to change history

Dumb casuals still believe Mayweather ducked Pacquiao? Shocker.

Ya the evidence is out there. Pactards are pretty blind to real life. only that pac is god and nothing can beat god

Aside from a discussion of whether or not Thurman was better than the Maidana who fought Floyd, Thurman and Maidana are nothing alike as fighters. What advantages does Thurman have here? Is he going to outbox Mayweather from the outside?
A prime unbeaten, big, hard hitting, WW with great feet, why not?

A prime unbeaten, big, hard hitting, WW with great feet, why not?

Thurman isn't really that big for WW and while he has a good punch, he's not stopping (or coming very close to stopping) any genuine top WWs. We'd get a pretty methodical fight from the outside, and I don't know why anyone would favour Thurman, a fighter who doesn't really have much of a jab, in that kind of fight over a Mayweather only half a year removed from soundly outboxing Canelo. I'd go as far to say that Mayweather should be a heavy favourite in such a matchup.

Back