Floyd Mayweather vs Tommy Hearns 147

Agreed. I think its probably a good thing for his sake he fought berto instead of triple g

Great fighter. He was smart enough to realize he was at that point and retired. Good for him
Why would he have fought Triple G?
This post is perfect example of people bringing that up.

I think Floyd would probably be better over 15 rounds than over 12.
May have had more finishes late in his career just doing what he does and attrition taking care of the rest.

Has Floyd fought anyone with his speed or reaction time? Those are what have separated him from others.

I think SRL and Hearns compete with him there and why I would pick them over him. I love Duran but if they fought twice, it'd be like Maidana 1 and 2. Maybe he steals the first one but he gets controlled the second fight.

Has Floyd fought anyone with his speed or reaction time? Those are what have separated him from others.

I think SRL and Hearns compete with him there and why I would pick them over him. I love Duran but if they fought twice, it'd be like Maidana 1 and 2. Maybe he steals the first one but he gets controlled the second fight.
Zab was faster than Floyd.

Yea I don't think anyone (including Robinson, Leonard, Hearns) could get a clear decision over him in a 15 rounder. He would either win or make it at least razor close, unless he gets knocked out.

I think both can actually get the decision over him and I really do believe Hearns is the one most likely to ko him

Hearns wins this, every day of the week & twice on Sundays.

Horrible style match for Floyd. I would take Hearns by late stoppage in a one-sided brutal fight. I don't think Floyd had the firepower to keep Hearns honest. He murdered guys who couldn't hurt him.
Yeah that's how I see it. Hearns with no way to keep him off would be real trouble for Floyd who would just be purely defensive all night.

I love Floyd

Prime Tommy hearns would've beat the shit out of Floyd tho

A floyd who didn't fuck up his hands tho, he would've had a good chance imo.

This narrative always gets based on Tommy's offense. Boxing is a two sided game fellas. You damn well know Floyd would be dishing out some offense to, most likely in countering Hearns. having arguably the best defensive game in history, I don't see how Tommy Hearns is just going to chop Floyd down through his defense an/or not get hit also when he throws a punch. I'd have to go back and see what I said last year in this thread but it ain't a blow out in any shred of the imagination for Hearns. I'm not convinced about Hearns' defensive skill against a guy with Floyd's accuracy and timing, and don't think Floyd is just gonna sit in a shell or high guard all night and not throw a punch.

Back