Floyd Mayweather vs Tommy Hearns 147

I think it's probably the toughest match up possible for Floyd at 147, considering Tommy's boxing ability, size/reach, and power.

I don't think Tommy would have KO'd Floyd but I could see him winning a decision.

Tommy started his career at 147 and of course moved up as far as cruiserweight. Floyd started at 130 and was never a true 147lber in the modern sense. So that's a very tough fight for Floyd.

Like I said, in my head I was saying most powerful but said, my just bleed brain must've checked in. His right uppercut is nuclear.

Lol I hear you , yes it is his right straight was like a sniper shot

I have a question off topic for a sec. speaking strictly from a rule standpoint shouldn't floyd have been dq'd against zab when Roger got in the ring after the foul?

Hearns could beat him. Hearns knew how to fight a boxer. The guy was the total package aside from maybe his chin which wasn't really an issue at 147.
The fight would probably look like the benitez fight, probably a little close because I doubt Floyd would get knocked down.

I have a question off topic for a sec. speaking strictly from a rule standpoint shouldn't floyd have been dq'd against zab when Roger got in the ring after the foul?
Maybe,had Zab not just fouled him as well. Had it been during the fight, not when time was called for the foul, it would be likely.

Horrible style match-up for Mayweather. Doubt he could deal with reach and jab (not to mention punching power). Would be interesting to see how he would adapt when behind 5-0.

Maybe,had Zab not just fouled him as well. Had it been during the fight, not when time was called for the foul, it would be likely.
Is there anything in the rules that says a trainer can come in after the foul or when the time is stopped?

I thought the rule was as soon as the trainer gets in there its an automatic dq

I mean i guess i get why because a brawl happened like 3 seconds later and they were just trying to restore order at that point. But theoretically floyd should have been dqd

Is there anything in the rules that says a trainer can come in after the foul or when the time is stopped?

I thought the rule was as soon as the trainer gets in there its an automatic dq

I mean i guess i get why because a brawl happened like 3 seconds later and they were just trying to restore order at that point. But theoretically floyd should have been dqd

Here's what the rules say about the chief second.
http://abcboxing.com/ABC_REFEREE_GUIDELINES.pdf

The Chief Second is responsible for all corner activities. Any illegal activity may cause the Chief Second to be immediately removed from the corner from the entire event.

hearns with those jabs.

For the reasons many have mentioned above, Hearns at 147 would be too much for Floyd IMO. Naturally bigger, fight ending power, the jab... I think Hearns wins a comfortable decision.

I think I've said this before but hearns more often the Floyd imo

I wouldn't use the word easy with any of them but definitely the most winnable fight for Floyd.
Floyd would clown him. Hagler too.

Leonard and Hearns are tough fights for Floyd though.

Floyd would clown him. Hagler too.

Leonard and Hearns are tough fights for Floyd though.
Hmmm. I dunno.

Call me crazy but i think floyd has an easier fight with hagler than duran

Hmmm. I dunno.

Call me crazy but i think floyd has an easier fight with hagler than duran
Duran couldn't beat a guy like Floyd. I know you've probably heard me say this but look at the best guys Duran beat and the best guys Duran lost to. You have to admit that Floyd fits more into the latter class of fighters.

Hagler had a hard time with guys who wouldn't engage and we all know Floyd isn't going to go toe to toe with a guy like Hagler.

Floyd would outbox him, and perhaps stop him.

Landing clean on a prime Floyd is a very tall task, especially for a slower fighter, so Hearn's power won't be an issue.

Duran couldn't beat a guy like Floyd. I know you've probably heard me say this but look at the best guys Duran beat and the best guys Duran lost to. You have to admit that Floyd fits more into the latter class of fighters.

Hagler had a hard time with guys who wouldn't engage and we all know Floyd isn't going to go toe to toe with a guy like Hagler.
He does but let me throw this at you

Look at the guys floyd struggled with and the guys floyd beat easy

Which category is duran in?

I agree about hagler. Hagler had problems with guys who stuck and move and refused to fight him. Hagler wasnt very big either

Floyd would have beaten him imo

Back