Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Ray Robinson - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
he hurt plenty of guys he wasn't knocking them down but he was buzzing people with shots, he got to Mosley in their fight, he got to Cotto, at the lower weights he hurt plenty of guys.
catching somebody with a check hook when they walk into it is not an accumulation of punches it came about from an accumulation of rounds of being positionally dominated though.
May is not a one hitter quitter but that doesn't mean his punches don't have power, theres levels to this game.
the rest is hyperbole and a narrative that has been popularized on message boards, while it does have its followers it is purely opinion.
He never seriously had Mosley unless I remember it wrong was at the end of his career. And Cotto the only time he did anything to even look like hurting Cotto was in the 12th and that was likely more due to am empty tank. Floyd is truly a great fighter wirh an incredible in ring iq to win fights ....... all be it usually very boring fights unless u like defensive battles.

But he doesn't have power ..... at least not compared to other fighters that do. He has 3 tools defense, iq, and speed and used them a long time to go unbeaten.

He never seriously had Mosley unless I remember it wrong was at the end of his career. And Cotto the only time he did anything to even look like hurting Cotto was in the 12th and that was likely more due to am empty tank. Floyd is truly a great fighter wirh an incredible in ring iq to win fights ....... all be it usually very boring fights unless u like defensive battles.
you may want to rewatch both those fights.
Money was buzzing Mosley throughout the fight with right hands, and in the Cotto fight Money was tagging him with the overhand all night it was definitely hurting Cotto. Thing is Cotto is a man with balls that may be a little too big for his own good the guy went rounds with a dude hitting him with bricks in his gloves.
once again that is not what i said earlier, i said Money's punches are enough to get people to respect them and they do hurt albeit they are not stoppers usually.
his fights aren't that boring they usually have a lot going in them in my opinion.
But he doesn't have power ..... at least not compared to other fighters that do. He has 3 tools defense, iq, and speed and used them a long time to go unbeaten.
that seems way too simplistic to really get a good view of what money does. Money has a lot of tools and that is why he has reigned for so long. he is actually quite offensive as well contrary to the popular narrative.

Back