Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Ray Robinson - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Floyd vs Conor will be more competitive.

The greatest WW battling all the way up to MW to fight the GOAT

Now that's a testament, alright.

SRR, too big too strong. As good as Floyd is/was you have to draw the line in how large an opponent he can handle especially one who could hit as hard as SRR.

He gives up size and aggression. The rest is debatable.

No, it's not. SRR moved to his left and right like he twinkled on his toes. He has some of the most flawless movement if not the most in the history of the sport. He caught dudes off guard with ONE punch consistently. That's speed and timing a guy like Floyd needs a guys guard down and apologizing to do. He fought more rounds and more consistently than Floyd. He's more aggressive by far, and he has a much better resume than Floyd.

SRR a little too big, but Floyd would make it interesting.
Only guy that beats SRR is RJJ.

No, it's not. SRR moved to his left and right like he twinkled on his toes. He has some of the most flawless movement if not the most in the history of the sport. He caught dudes off guard with ONE punch consistently. That's speed and timing a guy like Floyd needs a guys guard down and apologizing to do. He fought more rounds and more consistently than Floyd. He's more aggressive by far, and he has a much better resume than Floyd.

It sounds like you don't really watch any Floyd fights. He very consistently hit guys with lead left hooks and lead straight rights. He is also a much more skillful defensive fighter.

You guys say SRR was a MW but don't forget he had a fair few at WW as well.

So ....... in that instance who wins Floyd or Ray at WW?

That's actually despite the rest of the posters thoughts a very tough one to call.

SRR has height, aggression, will power advantage, but not much more if any.

Floyd has better defence, is more cold and calculating in the risks he takes so makes less mistakes in general, is easily as fast hands wise.

I'd probably go SRR but I'd be worried about his over confidence and fighting spirit making him take too many risks against this elite counter fighter in Floyd.

It sounds like you don't really watch any Floyd fights. He very consistently hit guys with lead left hooks and lead straight rights. He is also a much more skillful defensive fighter.

You must not watch SRR because it's ridiculous at how he starches dudes looking for said punch. You also make the erroneous claim that Floyd is a better/much more skillful defensive fighter. Going off of his back foot maybe. But defense isn't just moving backwards. Robinson knew how to space and time people and set them up for counters in ways Floyd just can't do nor could he ever do.

147 is not Floyd's ideal weight. He's small for 147, whereas SRR moved up from there... I actually think SR Leonard gives SR Robinson his toughest fight at 147.

This is a mismatch. I'm a Floyd fan but Robinson hit too damn hard and was just as fast. If Floyd had more pop it might be a little competitive but as it is SRR demolishes him

Is this thread for real?

Back