Floyd Mayweather vs CM Punk - Who Wins?

Who would win in MMA?

• Total voters
Floyd, unless we go Hell in a Cell.

No way Money can handle the steel.

Punk cant strike for shit, cant wrestle for shit and is unathletic as fuck. Floyd would easily stuff whatever half assed retarded takedown attempt Phil went for and light him up.

Thing is, I only ever really wrestled most of my life. There were boxers you could get down immediately but then there were those freaks that did a good job of just nullifying your shit strike setup with footwork alone. I was never a nationals champ nor a state champ, granted my classes consisted of two national champs that are doing insanely well right now in college but I do think I could take a good number of fighters in MMA in just a pure wrestling match. I did not have the easiest of times taking down boxers of the same weight class that were worth a damn, you could argue that your UFC fighter will have an easier time but lets be honest majority of UFC fighter don't have the best standup and grappling like some fans make them out to be.
so you wrestled boxers

If Floyd would be completely green in grappling n shit CM could probably submit him. On stand up CM would get killed if Floyd knew how to check leg kicks (I think that's not hard to learn + Floyd reflexes). But would it be entertaining idk CM would take few hard punches and panic wrestle while Conor would rather stick to stand up and wrestle only if he's completely done that means a bit wobblie when he's fatigue.

Now imagine a reckless dumbass rushing in on Mayweather wearing UFC gloves.

Mayweather by TKO in the first unless Punk has sense to slowly sneak in for some romantic grapplefucking.
Floyd would outgrapple Punk by a landslide strictly off of being a superior athlete. I would take Floyd in a no striking rules match vs Punk. Punk has zero physical gifts with regard to combat sports.

#facts

I honestly don't know. Part of me thinks CM Punk's ground game is good enough to some how get Floyd down. However, everything in me see's CM getting absolutely slept

CM Punk can do a hurricanrana. You guys need to start factoring that into your conclusions.

The fans are the winners.

S6uTYvK.gif

Punk by armbar
...does he even watch the UFC...?

CM punk by being bigger and training grappling for years.

I know most are joking in this thread but Punk could actually win this fight just based on those attributes. If we assume this fight takes place at 170lbs(Mayweather needs to weigh in at 156lbs for it to be valid), Punk will have a significant size advantage(30lbs) if they get into a clinch. Mayweather is the size of a UFC bantamweight....3 weight classes different in size.

Basically Punk wins if they get this fight to the clinch. To me this fight is a toss up. They could fight 5 times and Mayweather catches him on the chin 3 times and wins and Punk gets past any punches and takes him down. Assuming Punk's game plan is to rush him via like what Kimbo did to Ray Mercer he can win.

If punk can get a takedown then he might have a shot. But otherwise mayweather bludgeons him

...does he even watch the UFC...?

You don't understand his JJ level. You fake the armbar to the wrong side to throw your opponent off guard allowing you to shuffle scoot into the final sub with zero resistance.

If Floyd actually does ever do an MMA fight, this actually isn't the worst idea in the world.

You don't understand his JJ level. You fake the armbar to the wrong side to throw your opponent off guard allowing you to shuffle scoot into the final sub with zero resistance.
Plus he "schooled" Rener... (this is why I stopped watching Gracie Breakdown)

I used to train UFC a little bit. But I was beating people up too bad.
I've mainly only done some backyard ufc and my neighbour tells me that i should quit my kfc job to be a champ... I heard ufc dont pay well so im comfortable taking home zinger burgers and potato and gravy rather than make dana white millions

They'll probably pay CM to lose this fight to give Mayweather/McGregor: This time It's in the Cage more credibility.

so you wrestled boxers
Yeah, around the time boxing would be ending in my gym, some of them would stick around for MMA/Thai. You could argue they learned a bit of wrestling from the MMA classes which allowed them to defend better but anyone who has wrestled for a while will tell you it's damn near impossible to match the training you get during school while traveling and competing with hundreds of different wrestlers over the years. I think you would need a focus group to match that which is usually only offered at colleges by wrestling clubs unless you were lucky enough to have an actual wrestling camp for the public in your area.

Back