Floyd Mayweather vs CM Punk - Who Wins?

Who would win in MMA?

• Total voters
I will place absolutely no fucking money on the CM punk that comes out of the gates like this

I agree completely. I would hope he would learn from his mistakes, and obviously if Floyd was his opponent his goal should be to take the fight to the ground.

Might as well get it going. Who wins? (Mods add a poll please)

Punk has the size, strength and grappling advantage.

tenor.gif

VS.

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg
s5h9d2ljpw2deb8zg.jpg

Based strickly off of there last fights only :

Mayweather > CM at combat sports grappling.

Now imagine a reckless dumbass rushing in on Mayweather wearing UFC gloves.

Mayweather by TKO in the first unless Punk has sense to slowly sneak in for some romantic grapplefucking.

Punk unless he gets caught during takedown

We're talking about an actual MMA fight.

yep

floyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> conor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cm punk

Thing is, I only ever really wrestled most of my life. There were boxers you could get down immediately but then there were those freaks that did a good job of just nullifying your shit strike setup with footwork alone. I was never a nationals champ nor a state champ, granted my classes consisted of two national champs that are doing insanely well right now in college but I do think I could take a good number of fighters in MMA in just a pure wrestling match. I did not have the easiest of times taking down boxers of the same weight class that were worth a damn, you could argue that your UFC fighter will have an easier time but lets be honest majority of UFC fighter don't have the best standup and grappling like some fans make them out to be.
I agree with you 100%. The belief that any boxer can be easily taken down by any MMA fighter is just ridiculous.

I agree with you 100%. The belief that any boxer can be easily taken down by any MMA fighter is just ridiculous.
If they've never wrestled, and are facing an elite MMA fighter, then they probably could be taken down easily. But with some training, and CM Punk as the opponent, maybe not so.

If they've never wrestled, and are facing an elite MMA fighter, then they probably could be taken down easily. But with some training, and CM Punk as the opponent, maybe not so.
Yeah, but you also have to consider the boxer's footwork, movement and punches coming at the fighter trying to close the distance. All I'm saying is it's not as easy as alot of fans make it out to be.

Floyd and it ain't even close

Punk's size advantage and grappling training isn't enough to bridge the gap

If Floyd knocks Punk out. It would set up a fight with McGregor that would be insanely huge!

tenor.gif

We can't forget what we are dealing with here in CM Punk, he's an average guy athletically with no real martial arts backyard that started training seriously in his late 30s.

He would be getting destroyed by just about everyone at your local small MMA promotion. Floyd training wrestling for a month would be enough to deal with the non-existent wrestling skills of CM Punk, and then the incalculable difference in striking would be at the forefront.

It's not like CM Punk has the skills to even exploit Floyd's lack of kicking game. Again, given the difference in athleticism and striking acumen, Floyd could be a better KICKER than CM Punk within a month.

We're not talking about a young GSP or Jose Aldo here, we're talking a late 30s CM Punk.

I'd still take an MMA fighter with a good gameplan vs. even an elite boxer.

Ruffus would have Punk immediately grapple Floyd and work for a submission. Punk at least trains BJJ and that should be enough.

Look how lost Floyd was in the clinch against Conor and turtled until the ref broke it up. Won't happen in MMA.

I'd still take an MMA fighter with a good gameplan vs. even an elite boxer.

Ruffus would have Punk immediately grapple Floyd and work for a submission. Punk at least trains BJJ and that should be enough..

So any person that "trains BJJ" would be able to take down and submit Floyd Mayweather? That just isn't true and that's all I'll say on it.

Look how lost Floyd was in the clinch against Conor and turtled until the ref broke it up. Won't happen in MMA.
He was turtling up and not trying to get out of the clinch because they were BOXING! Are you this simple that you can't see that?

Floyd actually has a world class fighting skill in his boxing while Punk has no elite skill. It's not like Floyd is oblivious to his weak spot and wouldn't game plan accordingly. He's not going up against someone like Cejudo - it's CM Punk for gods sake. He can concentrate on grappling for his entire camp and he'd take away Punk's only avenue with that. Floyds boxing is absolutely next level compared to the MMA boxers we usually see and more than enough to put away Punk.

It certainly is a fight I could see Floyd take because it'd make money and it'd enable him to talk shit and preserve his pristine fighting record.

6'2 person can't lose to a manlet. It's a law of physics or something

Back