Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan.

yeah, i'm not saying he beat canelo because he hurt him, what i'm saying is you don't get to play the defensive game like he does if you have nothing to keep your opponent off of you. canelo couldn't land anything on him, but he couldn't go crazy on him either. floyd kept him at bay plenty of times.

if a guy doesn't respect your power, all the movement in the world isn't going to save you from a power puncher because they'll get on you like shit on velcro and throw a million punches - something will stick and put you away. floyd's shots are hard enough that guys don't want to get too reckless and just unload, because they know they can get hurt if he hits them flush. he isn't a power puncher, but this isn't a binary scale. he isn't a KO artist (at welterweight, anyway), but he doesn't hit like a bitch either. i'd say his power is very much underrated because of the decision victories and the fact that the guys he's faced late in his career all had really solid chins.

His power isn't really underrated, power speaks for it's self and so do results. His power is rated exactly as it should be, if you're landing your best shots and not hurting fighters then that effects how people will asses your power. Floyd has solid power at the weight, but he's still unlikely to knock Khan out, half to do with him not jhaving big power at the weight, and the other half being that he doesn't set up KO punches.

Back