Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan.

Floyd.

Rather have seen Khan get a payday than Conor

Khan made like 10 mil for getting knocked out within 6 rounds against Canelo, I wouldn't worry about him. He's doing fine.

Khan is a raving douchebag. I almost think I'd rather see McGregor get a pay day.
I agree

But Khan is an.actual boxer
While.conor would get slaughtered by top.amatuer boxers

If you look at Floyd's opponents at welterweight+, they are all pretty tough guys with proven chins.
Yep. Criminally slept on fact by the "Mayweather doesnt finish" crowd.

Hes not a puncher but who he has been punching should at least be considered.

Khan is a raving douchebag. I almost think I'd rather see McGregor get a pay day.
Hes a really nice guy. Just has that sense of entitlement that makes him come off like a dick head in negotiations.

Hes a really nice guy. Just has that sense of entitlement that makes him come off like a dick head in negotiations.
Not so sure about that. He jumped a redlight at a pedestrian crossing over taking several cars before crashing into the poor bugger who was crossing the road. Broke his leg. Then he got banned after that by doing 140mph on the motorway. There are more driving related incidents other than those. Seems like bad driving is a problem for him.

Both relatively light hitting fast guys, Floyd wins by simply being better. We'll never see it now, unless Amir becomes a UFC beltholder of course;)
Khan is a tiny dude, would he fight at 135 in the UFC?

Khan starts fighting below level when he is pressured, even if it's from non punchers ala Diaz, Peterson and so forth. The thing is when somebody just try to box him , he usually gets the better of it and has not hit the ground ala vs Devon and Judah. And Floyd just hasn't put anyone on their back foot in like forever. I mean I still got Floyd, but kd I dunno. Lets see if he can floor Conor

Whether or not he puts down Conor has no bearing on how Amir would've done (especially in a theoretical fight that would've happened years ago). Amir has questionable punch resistance, and a tendency to get lost in his own combinations and caught between punches. Garcia and Prescott both put Khan down with timing. Floyd's timing and accuracy, coupled with Khan's chin* and daydreaming would add up to Amir stumbling around at least. If he was able to buckle Cotto's knees he'll at least put Khan on queer street and I'd wager Khan would get sat down.

* I don't think you can argue his bad punch resistance but I've always said Khan is harder to stop than it seems. He can survive really well after being hurt. Maidana had him in bad shape and Khan managed to see his way through that.

Not so sure about that. He jumped a redlight at a pedestrian crossing over taking several cars before crashing into the poor bugger who was crossing the road. Broke his leg. Then he got banned after that by doing 140mph on the motorway. There are more driving related incidents other than those. Seems like bad driving is a problem for him.
Might be a shitty driver. I lol'd at that story about him being chased.

But hes a nice guy imo. Nothing but positive reviews when he was around here. He was willing to chat it up with fans and what not.

But to be fair thats all I have to go off of.

I'm serious his height and reach is 135. Cody lights him up

McGregor is 5'9"
Khabib is 5'10"
Alvarez is 5'9"

Khan is 5'9", pretty normal for lightweight. So why would he need to fight at 135?

I was never a fan but I'm from his hometown and I trained at a gym he started up, and he always had kind and friendly stuff to say to people in the gym or at local shows etc. That was my impression. I talked to him very briefly once at a local charity event, someone there mentioned I trained at the gym, then Amir claimed to have recognised me and gave some praise and some generic boxing tips. I don't think he had ever actually seen me train or actually recognised me but, he's obviously got a good way about him at least on a one to one basis in that context.

But hes a nice guy imo. Nothing but positive reviews when he was around here. He was willing to chat it up with fans and what not.

Yep. Criminally slept on fact by the "Mayweather doesnt finish" crowd.

Hes not a puncher but who he has been punching should at least be considered.
i hate this myth being perpetuated that floyd is pillow fisted. a fighter with his style would get slaughtered if his opponents didn't respect his power... canelo would've gone apeshit on him in a round! floyd hits hard enough so that guys don't really want to get after him, but not hard enough to just knock them out.

i'd say he has plenty of power to put khan on his ass, even if he doesn't finish him.

If the Khan that fought Canelo had fought the Floyd that fought Berto, then Khan would have won.

It's a terrible style match up for Floyd, especially at 38 year old. It's not easy to outpoint Amir Khan, even if Floyd finds counters that are landing, he'd find it difficult to win rounds over Khan's workrate if he couldn't hurt him and I don't think he would hurt him.

Khan is ridiculous quickly, he'd land on an old Floyd, not a lot of it would be clean, but he wouldn't be swatting at air like we've seen former Floyd opponents.

Of course the standard narrative whenever you talk Floyd v anyone is he might lose a few rounds then he figures him out and takes over, but it wouldn't be that easy. Khan would come in very prepared and unless Floyd somehow managed to KO him, which isn't likely, he'd probably be in danger of losing on points.

i hate this myth being perpetuated that floyd is pillow fisted. a fighter with his style would get slaughtered if his opponents didn't respect his power... canelo would've gone apeshit on him in a round! floyd hits hard enough so that guys don't really want to get after him, but not hard enough to just knock them out.

i'd say he has plenty of power to put khan on his ass, even if he doesn't finish him.

Canelo couldn't have just walked through him because he couldn't land anything, that's why he couldn't get to Floyd, not because was deterred by the punching power. All of his counters and power shots to the head were missing and allow Floyd to slide away.

It's not that Floyd doesn't have power, he just doesn't set up punches that end fights. He's not knocking anyone out with a pull counter or straight right lead at that point in his career. He wouldn't set up the kind of punch Canelo landed against Khan, it's not his game.

Canelo couldn't have just walked through him because he couldn't land anything, that's why he couldn't get to Floyd, not because was deterred by the punching power. All of his counters and power shots to the head were missing and allow Floyd to slide away.

It's not that Floyd doesn't have power, he just doesn't set up punches that end fights. He's not knocking anyone out with a pull counter or straight right lead at that point in his career. He wouldn't set up the kind of punch Canelo landed against Khan, it's not his game.
yeah, i'm not saying he beat canelo because he hurt him, what i'm saying is you don't get to play the defensive game like he does if you have nothing to keep your opponent off of you. canelo couldn't land anything on him, but he couldn't go crazy on him either. floyd kept him at bay plenty of times.

if a guy doesn't respect your power, all the movement in the world isn't going to save you from a power puncher because they'll get on you like shit on velcro and throw a million punches - something will stick and put you away. floyd's shots are hard enough that guys don't want to get too reckless and just unload, because they know they can get hurt if he hits them flush. he isn't a power puncher, but this isn't a binary scale. he isn't a KO artist (at welterweight, anyway), but he doesn't hit like a bitch either. i'd say his power is very much underrated because of the decision victories and the fact that the guys he's faced late in his career all had really solid chins.

I agree, Khan actually seems like a pretty cool guy when you get past his sense of entitlement. I've never heard anything about him being a dick or anything. Plus, he's Muslim in the UK, which is not exactly a popular thing to be, I can't imagine that helps his image.

Back