Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan.

Floyd.

Rather have seen Khan get a payday than Conor

Khan style would of given Floyd big problems especially in the first half of the fight but Floyd would of adjusted and won a decision. He would find a way even if he had to turn the fight ugly.

Its a hard fight to imagine. Personally, I think you need more ring IQ to beat Floyd than what Khan brought to the ring. Khan had a lot of speed and that would have given Floyd an issue for a round or two but Khan was also pretty one dimensional. Floyd would figure him out after a couple of rounds and start timing him.

Easy decision for Floyd with a couple knockdowns erasing any rounds the Khanman won.

It might be fairly close for the first 5-6 rounds. Floyd would start breaking Khan down from there, though. If it happened around 2013, I could see Floyd having a real chance of a stoppage.

This is a fight I would have liked to see back a few years ago, but either way, I don't think Khan would've been able to get the job done.

I think Khans speed causes a problem up until the point that Floyd adapts to it. Khans a tough stylistic matchup for Floyd but hed still get UD'd

Khan wins 1-3 opening rounds. Floyd gets the timing down and counters Khan with ease to a wide decision. Hed probably put Khan on his ass at some point as well. Not with power but with his ability to slip punches in that arent seen coming.

I always thought Khan was one of the more awkward match-ups for Floyd. I don't think Khan has the focus or consistency to actually beat Floyd, but it would definitely be an entertaining fight. I basically agree with Jay, Seano, and PUO on this one. I actually might compare it to the Mayweather vs Judah fight, in that Khan would have some real success early but would lose it more and more as the fight went on.

Both relatively light hitting fast guys, Floyd wins by simply being better. We'll never see it now, unless Amir becomes a UFC beltholder of course;)

Khan wins 1-3 opening rounds. Floyd gets the timing down and counters Khan with ease to a wide decision. Hed probably put Khan on his ass at some point as well. Not with power but with his ability to slip punches in that arent seen coming.

Honestly when was the last time Floyd put anyone down except for the sucker punch? Was it Hatton?

Honestly when was the last time Floyd put anyone down except for the sucker punch? Was it Hatton?

Yeah but everyone hurts Khan. Guys with no power at all put him on noodle legs. I can't even remember him fighting without getting hurt. Fucking Algeri had him on rainbow road at least a couple of times. Floyd would hurt him without actually trying to hurt him. Shit chin plus getting hit flush with shots he doesn't expect means knockdowns. I don't think Floyd would try to finish him off because that isn't what he does but dropping him is pretty likely.

Khan starts well, then sees a shiny object, loses his focus and gets slapped around.

Mayweather's timing makes it quicker to happen than usual, his lack of pop makes it last longer.

Has he fought anyone like Khan?

He hurt Cotto several times; a bigger, better, and more durable fighter than Khan.

I always thought that Khan would have been one of the more interesting fights Floyd could have made.

Fast paws, accurate shots, crazy timing.

Yeah but everyone hurts Khan. Guys with no power at all put him on noodle legs. I can't even remember him fighting without getting hurt. Fucking Algeri had him on rainbow road at least a couple of times. Floyd would hurt him without actually trying to hurt him. Shit chin plus getting hit flush with shots he doesn't expect means knockdowns. I don't think Floyd would try to finish him off because that isn't what he does but dropping him is pretty likely.

Khan starts fighting below level when he is pressured, even if it's from non punchers ala Diaz, Peterson and so forth. The thing is when somebody just try to box him , he usually gets the better of it and has not hit the ground ala vs Devon and Judah. And Floyd just hasn't put anyone on their back foot in like forever. I mean I still got Floyd, but kd I dunno. Lets see if he can floor Conor

Back