Floyd Mayweather v Fantastic Four

Why does Hagler beat Floyd over 15 rounds? Floyd never had issues with conditioning. Also, Duran was no big puncher at middle and he had Hagler tentative. Never visibly hurt Duran that I can recall either.

I just can't see how people pick Hagler and Duran to beat Floyd. Hagler and Duran didn't beat guys like Floyd. Hearns and Leonard beat guys like Floyd.

Leonard beat his dad: "Life father, like son" lol

Watch Leonard and Hearns both fight Benitez. I think Hearns was the better guy against a good technical boxer.

Side note, the 2 staredowns from those fights are pretty interesting too. You could tell Benitez intimidated Leonard but not Hearns. Benitez broke eye contact with Hearns.

Thanks. I'll watch both when I have a moment to spare. But I should point out that Benitez was a bigger man naturally and a great infighter.

EDIT: Leonard fought him in a toe to toe slugging match and came away with the stoppage. That was Leonard fighting a macho style just like he fought Duran the first time. I don't think that is evidence that Leonard couldn't cope with a slickster because Benetiz fought nothing like Floyd does. Floyd doesn't put on nearly that amount of pressure so he'd be on the back foot a lot more against the heavier hands of Leonard. Just can't see Mayweather beating him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back