Floyd Mayweather to apply for a MMA license....

Floyd won the fight

Ofcourse he won the fight, he was never going to lose! Hes 49/0 not even the best boxers could beat him, let alone a debut guy. My point is, hes turning his fucking back curled up more than 10 times in that fight. Full 180 degree turn. If i did that move even in a streetfight, it would look like I am getting beat. Say what you want, but if he does that shit in MMA at any second hes instantly lost :) Basic.

The only way Floyd fights in MMA is he will fight someone he will never lose to, someone thats not close to his level at all in any realm.

I think you forget the countless times floyd turned his back to a debut pro boxer. That is way more embarrassing. Theres countless gifs of it :) Literally turning his back fully to a man. That is about the worst defensive move you could instinctively do in MMA.
emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg
LMVpIHO.gif

I think you forget how many times Floyd brutally pummeled Conor before finishing and concussing him.

50-0 one of the greatest fighter ever. 0-1 in mma just ruins it. Ain't worth the risk for him. Wolf tickets detected.

Floyd Mayweather jr is the best boxer defense and he have a lot space in octagon to run and he have the best counter strike even in his age what is nothing today but 20 years back he would be to old

it's a negotiation tactic obviously being employed by floyd....BUT I would not be surprised to see this fight materialize between floyd and conor outside of the ufc.

ufc needs to make up for some of that ETBIDA from that atrocious 4 billion dollar price tag and being able to slap the company name on a big-time event like mayweather-mcgregor in mma with little to zero production costs with showtime and mcgregor promotions handling everything behind the scenes can bring in possibly 30-40 million of that badly needed ETBIDA to justify that price tag.

the only risk is letting mcgregor go from his promotional contract to pursue an mma bout technically outside of the ufc. boxing is different in terms of promotional contract in terms of the ali act but the UFC could risk creating the mcgregor promotional machine that could one day compete with the UFC in mma. the UFC is in a desperate position now financially with their TV bidding not going as expected and they could use some cash quick with little costs and this is what a mayweather-mcgregor mma bout does for them.

the only way that first mcgregor-mayweather fight is outsold is if the second happens in a octagon and even more people will tune in for the 95% chance to see floyd get KO'd. the UFC could lose mcgregor forever with this move as well as changing the way in which MMA promotions operate forever but an investment firm like WME isn't focused on the long term future of MMA but rather flipping the UFC for profit in less than a decade. and no one will be flipping the UFC for profit anytime soon unless they make up for some of this badly needed ETBIDA

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg
LMVpIHO.gif

I think you forget how many times Floyd brutally pummeled Conor before finishing and concussing him.

It's a bit of a shame that you are missing the point entirely and cherry picked the final moments of a 30 minute fight.. I can show you 10-15 examples of floyd curling up and turning his back to an opponent (instant loss in MMA) The guy is talking about coming to MMA but instinctively turns his back 180 degrees and curls up against a 0/0 debut boxer. That is very worrying to see floyd habitually do that.

These forums can be weird at times, it's like you can't make a point (which is quite valid) if other things happened in the fight. Sure he lit Conor up once he was gassed, before that really not a whole lot. To be honest I don't really care about Conor, my focus is on Floyd here coming to MMA.

Look at this clip, already timestamped. Tell me that is not embarrassing for a 49/0 boxer to be doing against a debut pro boxer. Tell me how often you see this in boxing? Remove all bias and tell me

That is just 1 time, he did that many times throughout the fight. Say what you want, but that is a man that is not wanting to get hit there. You don't curl up and turn your back to someone for no reason lol

This seems like nitpicking. Floyd dominated that fight, you are over analyzing little moments to make him look scared or something.

This seems like nitpicking. Floyd dominated that fight, you are over analyzing little moments to make him look scared or something.

If Floyd turns his back to an Amateur MMA fighter like that, he is fucked. My point is nothing to do with being scared. He did that technique over 10+ times in the Conor fight, he actually turned his back like that far more than Conor ever did. The reason being is that Conor instinctively/habitually knows that turning his back at that close range at any point could make him instantly lose a fight. If Floyd is going to come to MMA, he is going to have to change some habits he has from boxing.

Nothing to do with being scared, hes an undefeated legend boxer.

He’s only going to get older. He talk like 6-8 months is nothing

When you take care of yourself, workout, yes, 6-8 months is nothing....go google bernard hopkins...

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/19/floyd...onor-mcgregor-ufc-fight-edges-closer-7398226/

‘Everything takes time. Eventually, we’re gonna apply for the license, and hopefully we can fight,’ Mayweather said.

‘Even if it takes 6 to 8 months — whatever it takes,’ he added. ‘We want to make sure that everything is done correctly, and everything is done the right way.

People said the Conor fight would never happen.

Never say never.

I hope somone is whispering the Same bullshit in Floyds ear that was whispered into Conors ear. Besides the $$ you will make You Might Even Win........

ROTFLMAO.......

sadly I would watch Floyd fight MMA ..Only to see him get Beat. I pray its someone ala Randy Couture and Not that Retard Sylvia.. Someone who just shoots ,takes him down and CHOKES THE SHIT OUTA HIM.....

If Floyd turns his back to an Amateur MMA fighter like that, he is fucked. My point is nothing to do with being scared. He did that technique over 10+ times in the Conor fight, he actually turned his back like that far more than Conor ever did. The reason being is that Conor instinctively/habitually knows that turning his back at that close range at any point could make him instantly lose a fight. If Floyd is going to come to MMA, he is going to have to change some habits he has from boxing.

Nothing to do with being scared, hes an undefeated legend boxer.

Maybe he wouldn't do that in MMA?

He knew he could get away with doing that in boxing. I'm sure he will adjust his game if he comes to MMA.

Hard to say how these fights could turn out, they could end up being great.

Chances are though......
10331.jpg

Not so much.

i can see him having a mma fight, theres too much money for him not to have it

Look at this clip, already timestamped. Tell me that is not embarrassing for a 49/0 boxer to be doing against a debut pro boxer. Tell me how often you see this in boxing? Remove all bias and tell me

That is just 1 time, he did that many times throughout the fight. Say what you want, but that is a man that is not wanting to get hit there. You don't curl up and turn your back to someone for no reason lol

Because Floyd knew how to bend boxing rules for his own benefit. As soon as he was in any danger, he just makes the ref to separate them.

And Conor was so green, he didn't even know the rules/....

Because Floyd knew how to bend boxing rules for his own benefit. As soon as he was in any danger, he just makes the ref to separate them.

And Conor was so green, he didn't even know the rules/....

Didn't you find it odd that when Conor had some chances to get some free shots in, he chose to grab Floyd straight from behind? His own instincts worked against him. There were a few moments where Conor could have stayed at the side of Floyd and got shots in, but went right behind Floyd too. Very green

Not a chance in hell Floyd ever steps into the cage.
People said that about Conor in the squared circle. He would never do it. The UFC would never allow it. He would not get sanctioned, and on and on but in the end the potential dollars made it happen.

From what we have heard (just rumours to date) the UFC is offering Floyd a guaranteed base Billion dollars ($500MM each pplus PPV) across two fights under the UFC promotion. One in MMA and one in their new boxing promotion. Floyd being basically retired unless there is a huge money fight that he cannot say no to might not give a f*ck about taking a quick James Toney loss in MMA for that type of money.

Why would it take time to apply for a license? any weekend warrior can apply and likely receive a license.

Guys, just imagine if somehow Floyd actually wins. All that talk off Conor saying he won't win a real fight then beats him in his own back yard.

giphy.gif
Except he (hopefully) won't be fighting Conor. That's honestly a gimme fight for Conor in MMA with kicks and grappling. Let Floyd use his boxing stance and see how quick he ends up on the mat.

CM Punk would be a much more fair fight. Punk actually has a grappling advantage and could possibly sub Floyd, but I'd be hoping for a double KO.

Unless the fight is scripted, Floyd will never set foot in an octagon. Why would he ruin his competitive legacy by getting utterly and completely humiliated in the Octagon? If I were 50-0 in anything, I would never cross over to a sport and be 0-1 in embarrassing fashion. Why would anyone want that in their history? Floyd is way too caught up in his own legacy to do this. Unless, like I said, it's scripted or they feed him some canned meat amateur.

This whole thing is a scheme between Conor and Mayweather... (Yes, they are working together) - This next fight..(MMA) will happen. It's all motivated by money. They are both money whores and are working together behind the schemes to put together their next payday. Wait for it.
Oh for sure and it's obvious. I actually would be surprised if conor submitted him and then they had a 3rd fight in kickboxing

Back