Floyd Mayweather Says Tokyo Fight's Back On, 'We're Gonna Make It Happen'

Guys u gotta give props to Floyd for fighting the best of the best at their own game. In this case, he is going into kickboxing and fighting a legit kickboxing prodigy. Granted it's not regular kickboxing rules but he's meeting Tenshim halfway.
No kicks (Boxing rules), 3x3 minute rounds (kickboxing rules).

Sounds fair to me.
<45>

Should have atleast allowed high kicks and body kicks as is the norm when a boxer spars a kickboxer

How does it hurt his legacy? He can do what he wants.

People don't remember when De La Hoya fought Shaq? lol.
what i dont get is that the same person that say floyd is 49-0 and shit on his fight with mcgregor will say that who cares about him being unbeaten when jcc was like 87-0 before losing. as if those were all top guys

what i dont get is that the same person that say floyd is 49-0 and shit on his fight with mcgregor will say that who cares about him being unbeaten when jcc was like 87-0 before losing. as if those were all top guys

Lol that's a good point. It's not the quantity, it's the quality. lol Guys will make a big deal out of bloated records with little substance.

Lol what's going on? Think it will be entertaining.

Lol that's a good point. It's not the quantity, it's the quality. lol Guys will make a big deal out of bloated records with little substance.
floyd had like 7 total cans on his resume. jcc had close to 40. he also fought a guy making his debut in his 41st fight

floyd had like 7 total cans on his resume. jcc had close to 40. he also fought a guy making his debut in his 41st fight

I'm not surprised. He is credited as being the greatest Mexican boxer of all time? Do you think it is a well deserved title in spite of the can crushing he did? lol

I'm not surprised. He is credited as being the greatest Mexican boxer of all time? Do you think it is a well deserved title in spite of the can crushing he did? lol
he was an all time great for sure, i just find people hypocritical who rip on floyd while propping up jcc. i dont think can crushing really has anything to do with how great you are. clearly he also fought a lot of greats as well. as far as his position as greatest mexican fighter, honestly i am not enough of an historian to weigh in on that.

Most mexican fighters have no amateur career as they pursue profit, rule of thumb is that most of their first 30 fights are their amateur record, popular guys in the local scene may have more to make extra money, some are basically "exibithion figths" like the ones JCC had for the local crowd.

Canelo, JCC, JCCjr had like 40 fights before fighting for a title On the other hand Oscar Valdez who had a amateur career won the title in his 19th fight.

he did but there was a method to it and it worked, while haugen, camacho and the rest of those day's lightweights were drugging and partying, Chavez was training and staying sharp, he wasn't better than some of the guys around on an ability basis but he worked all the time. in fact, it's no coincidence that he started to falter only after the Macho fight when he began to party. I didn't think much of him in those days but he sure proved himself, it seemed like he just wouldn't lose and he kept it up for years and years, that wasn't easy in those days, and he did have some close calls like the laporte fight and the taylor fight and he always looked to struggle with everyone he fought before he'd grind them down.

he was an all time great for sure, i just find people hypocritical who rip on floyd while propping up jcc. i dont think can crushing really has anything to do with how great you are. clearly he also fought a lot of greats as well. as far as his position as greatest mexican fighter, honestly i am not enough of an historian to weigh in on that.
different eras, i think Julio would give floyd a helluva fight, maybe the toughest of his career, he's never fought anyone in that league in their prime. I think a lot of fighters tend to get overrated today because the talent around, as good as they are, no one will convince me that they are just so good that they can't really be tested,there really are two possibilities 1. they are just that great, greater than all the fighters of the past 2. the game isn't the same, the talent isn't the same and it's easy pickings for some of these guys. some think 1, some think 2.

So Tenshin might have a chance against Mayweather in a non-fixed boxing match?
My definition of non-fixed would be straight up kickingboxing no altered rules for Floyd. In a kicking boxing match he wouldn't have a chance. Very bizarre set of rules, but not surprising. RIZIN is a very unknown organization and they are probably desperate for any type of publicity.

Back