Floyd Mayweather Jr

What did I say that was wrong?

That they weren't ranked fighters, shitty as the rankings were these guys were somehow legit.
I specifically said BERTO. He was the target of my post.

floyd was great because he skipped the entire public school system to box. Kinda like how great soccer players go to euro club training centers and play soccer instead of school

Was Berto not top ten in your rankings? Because he was everywhere else.

Andre Berto was not in anybody's top 10 when he fought Floyd. Not that it matters, Floyd was almost 40 and about to retire. All the other fights he took were decent, with the possible exception of Guerrero.

Andre Berto was not in anybody's top 10 when he fought Floyd. Not that it matters, Floyd was almost 40 and about to retire. All the other fights he took were decent, with the possible exception of Guerrero.
I know you say stuff and it gets called authority because you defend it to the death, but the interim wba welterweight champ means he is in someone's top 20 don't you think? I'm here to accept apologies.

Hardwork
Dedicated
And having a smart team around him that works around everything

big fan of floyd
now he is just needs to end this nonsense of him fighting conor

His best fight IMO. If anyone says he's boring they need to watch that fight.

@nac386 arenyou going to ignore this or acknowledge he was an interim alphabet title holder? I'm still waiting for you to say you fucked up.

I know you say stuff and it gets called authority because you defend it to the death, but the interim wba welterweight champ means he is in someone's top 20 don't you think? I'm here to accept apologies.

Don't go getting sensitive here, we're just talking boxing.

Top 20? I'm not sure where you got that number. I said Berto was not a top 10 welterweight. You actually said that Berto was top 5.

@nac386 arenyou going to ignore this or acknowledge he was an interim alphabet title holder? I'm still waiting for you to say you fucked up.

Well this is another weird comment. We were not talking about whether or not he was an interim alphabet holder. We were talking about whether or not Berto was a top 10 welterweight.

Again, the argument actually started with you claiming Berto was top 5.

But let's look. Boxing is complex, there are many organizations that rank fighters. Typically we go by the Ring rankings. Well here they are for when the fight occurred:

THE RING MAGAZINE

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

1. Kell Brook
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Amir Khan
4. Tim Bradley
5. Keith Thurman
6. Shawn Porter
7. Marcos Maidana
8. Diego Chaves
9. Sadam Ali
10. Brad Solomon

No Andre Berto there. I think that is where most of us would look to find out who is top 10. Obviously he would not be there, since he was barely active and he was 3-3 in his last 6 fights. None of those wins were against anybody ranked anywhere near the top 10.

Maybe the Ring just has it out for Berto? Well, let's take a look at all the rankings when that fight occurred.

WBC

Floyd Mayweather

1. Amir Khan
2. Shawn Porter
3. Danny Garcia
4. Antonin Decaire
5. Marcos Maidana
6. Brandon Rios
7. Konstantin Ponomarev
8. Ray Robinson
9. David Avanesyan
10. Robert Guerrero
11. Alfonso Gomez
12. Sadam Ali
13. Charlie Navarro
14. Sammy Vasquez Jr
15. Gianluca Branco

IBF

Kell Brook

1. NOT RATED
2. NOT RATED
3. Sadam Ali
4. Diego Chaves
5. Devon Alexander
6. Kevin Bizier
7. Fredrick Lawson
8. Chris Van Heerden
9. Konstantin Ponomarev
10. Victor Plotnikov
11. Shawn Porter
12. Dan Ion
13. Brandon Rios
14. Rico Muller
15. Frankie Gavin

WBO

Floyd Mayweather

Timothy Bradley
2. Sadam Ali
3. Brandon Rios
4. Jesse Vargas
5. Chris Algieri
6. Ray Robinson
7. Bradley Skeete
8. Konstantin Ponomarev
9. Shawn Porter
10. Jeff Horn
11. Diego Gabriel Chaves
12. Viktor Plotnykov
13. Fariz Mammadov
14. Dusty Hernandez Harrison
15. Adrian Luciano Veron

FIGHTNEWS

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Timothy Bradley
3. Keith Thurman
4. Manny Pacquiao
5. Kell Brook
6. Amir Khan
7. Marcos Maidana
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Robert Guerrero
10. Shawn Porter
11. Devon Alexander
12. Paul Malignaggi
13. Sadam Ali
14. Diego Chaves
15. Brandon Rios
16. Konstantin Ponomarev

And here it is, the only ranking that includes Berto at all:

WBA

Floyd Mayweather

1. Andre Berto
2. Amir Khan
3. Marcos Rene Maidana
4. Shawn Porter
5. Teerachai Kratingdaeggym
6. Sadam Ali
7. Johan Perez
8. Errol Spence Jr
9. Diego Chaves
10. Robert Guerrero
11. Jeff Horn
12. Emmanuel De Jesus
13. Cameron Hammond
14. Francisco Santana
15. Luis Collazo

So out of six rankings available, Berto shows up in the top 15 in one of them, since he was gifted one of their meaningless interim belts. Nobody considered Berto a top 10 fighter when he fought Floyd, that is a ridiculous thing to argue. I think that believing Berto a top 10 welterweight because one of the multiple sanctioning bodies gave him an interim belt displays a lack of understanding.

You could also argue that Floyd should have fought Antonin Decaire, since one of the sanctioning bodies had him ranked in the top 5. But we all know that would be silly. Well, most of us.

If you look at all the rankings and consider each one as gospel, there were over 30 top 10 welterweights. Think about that, over 30 fighters could be called a "top 10 welterweight" if you are dishonest enough to say it with conviction. So could a guy fight any of those 30+ fighters, and claim he beat a top 10 welterweight? Mayweather fought a guy that was considered outside of the top 15 by every ranking system except for one.

Last edited:
Don't go getting sensitive here, we're just talking boxing.

Top 20? I'm not sure where you got that number. I said Berto was not a top 10 welterweight. You actually said that Berto was top 5.

Well this is another weird comment. We were not talking about whether or not he was an interim alphabet holder. We were talking about whether or not Berto was a top 10 welterweight.

Again, the argument actually started with you claiming Berto was top 5.

But let's look. Boxing is complex, there are many organizations that rank fighters. Typically we go by the Ring rankings. Well here they are for when the fight occurred:

No Andre Berto there. I think that is where most of us would look to find out who is top 10. Obviously he would not be there, since he was barely active and he was 3-3 in his last 6 fights. None of those wins were against anybody ranked anywhere near the top 10.

Maybe the Ring just has it out for Berto? Well, let's take a look at all the rankings when that fight occurred.

And here it is, the only ranking that includes Berto at all:

WBA

Floyd Mayweather

1. Andre Berto
2. Amir Khan
3. Marcos Rene Maidana
4. Shawn Porter
5. Teerachai Kratingdaeggym
6. Sadam Ali
7. Johan Perez
8. Errol Spence Jr
9. Diego Chaves
10. Robert Guerrero
11. Jeff Horn
12. Emmanuel De Jesus
13. Cameron Hammond
14. Francisco Santana
15. Luis Collazo

So out of six rankings available, Berto shows up in the top 15 in one of them, since he was gifted one of their meaningless interim belts. Nobody considered Berto a top 10 fighter when he fought Floyd, that is a ridiculous thing to argue. I think that believing Berto a top 10 welterweight because one of the multiple sanctioning bodies gave him an interim belt displays a lack of understanding.

You could also argue that Floyd should have fought Antonin Decaire, since one of the sanctioning bodies had him ranked in the top 5. But we all know that would be silly. Well, most of us.

If you look at all the rankings and consider each one as gospel, there were over 30 top 10 welterweights. Think about that, over 30 fighters could be called "top 10" if you are dishonest enough to say it. So could a guy fight any of those 30+ fighters, and claim he beat a top 10 welterweight?
lol you're special in these situations. Obviously I pressed 2 instead of 1. Sue me. You say rankings are useless and then Back your claim up by using rankings that help you? Gtfoh.

lol you're special in these situations. Obviously I pressed 2 instead of 1. Sue me. You say rankings are useless and then Back your claim up by using rankings that help you? Gtfoh.

This is a terrible post. It's one of those posts that is so dumb that it's hard to respond to. I'll try I guess.

I did not say rankings are useless, you just made that up. So we'll start with that. I said that every sanctioning body has their own rankings, and we generally look at the rankings done by the Ring magazine. Berto was not in the top 10 according to the Ring.

Then I posted all of the rankings from every sanctioning body. Looking over those lists, over 30 fighters appeared in the top 10 on somebody's list. Out of the 6 sanctioning body rankings, Berto only appeared on 1 list, and that was only because he was given an interim belt for fighting a guy who shows up on zero top 15 lists.

He was gifted an interim belt for fighting a guy who was not ranked at all by anybody. That does not mean he's a top 10 welterweight, if you are approaching the question with any level of honesty. Look at some of the names in the top 5-10 on some of those lists.

You've watched boxing for years, I'm sure you understand how these things work.

This is a terrible post. It's one of those posts that is so dumb that it's hard to respond to. I'll try I guess.

I did not say rankings are useless, you just made that up. So we'll start with that. I said that every sanctioning body has their own rankings, and we generally look at the rankings done by the Ring magazine. Berto was not in the top 10 according to the Ring.

Then I posted all of the rankings from every sanctioning body. Looking over those lists, over 30 fighters appeared in the top 10 on somebody's list. Out of the 6 sanctioning body rankings, Berto only appeared on 1 list, and that was only because he was given an interim belt for fighting a guy who shows up on zero top 15 lists.

He was gifted an interim belt for fighting a guy who was not ranked at all by anybody.

You've watched boxing for years, I'm sure you understand how these things work.
You watch boxing as well. You aren't seriously using the top 15s of the sanctioning bodies as a yardstick? If you are good luck to your kids.

Don't go condescending on me, you said nobody had berto ranked when he had a fucking belt. When you've woken up properly I'll talk.

You watch boxing as well. You aren't seriously using the top 15s of the sanctioning bodies as a yardstick? If you are good luck to your kids.

Responding to you is difficult, because you never seem to understand anything people explain to you.

This debate is about Berto being ranked top 5-10. So yes, of course we have to look at the rankings from all of the sanctioning bodies and the Ring to determine how to rank him. How is that confusing to you? Would it be better to rank fighters based on interim alphabet titles? Lol.

The fact is, he was ranked in the top 15 by one sanctioning body out of six. The other 5 did not even rank him in the top 15, including the Ring Magazine.

He did not even hold a normal belt, it was an interim belt that he got for beating another unranked fighter. Guess who holds the real WBA belt now? Lamont Peterson. Hell of a belt, huh? He got it for beating David Avanesyan. David Avanesyan was the WBA belt holder for the last 2 years.

Now he's the funny part. According to your logic, David Avanesyan was a top 5 welterweight for the last 2 years because he held the WBA belt.

Don't go condescending on me, you said nobody had berto ranked when he had a fucking belt. When you've woken up properly I'll talk.

I was just talking about boxing and you rolled in here being emotional. If you want to shit-post, do it with somebody else.

Responding to you is difficult, because you never seem to understand anything people explain to you.

This debate is about Berto being ranked top 5-10. So yes, of course we have to look at the rankings from all of the sanctioning bodies and the Ring to determine how to rank him. How is that confusing to you? Would it be better to rank fighters based on interim alphabet titles? Lol.

The fact is, he was ranked in the top 15 by one sanctioning body out of six. The other 5 did not even rank him in the top 15, including the Ring Magazine.

He did not even hold a normal belt, it was an interim belt that he got for beating another unranked fighter. Guess who holds the real WBA belt now? Lamont Peterson. Hell of a belt, huh? He got it for beating David Avanesyan. David Avanesyan was the WBA belt holder for the last 2 years.

Now he's the funny part. According to your logic, David Avanesyan was a top 5 welterweight for the last 2 years because he held the WBA belt.

I was just talking about boxing and you rolled in here being emotional. If you want to shit-post, do it with somebody else.
Dude, you have done this time after time. You understand that if someone holds a wba belt everyone backs off. Your entire argument that you created is saying no one ranked him. Well they did, sit down and shut the fuck up please. I don't give a shit about what argument you're trying to start just don't come in and post nonsense. Thanks pumpkin.

And tell me where I said berto was top 5. You can't? I know, it's not being too proud to apologise, it is when you talk bollocks and think no one will tell you you're being an idiot. Your boy @cottagecheesefan has a rational head on his shoulders, you are just stubborn. I hope more people challenge you when you spout moronic claptrap.

Was Berto not top ten in your rankings? Because he was everywhere else.

1 out of the 6 ranking systems I could find had him in the top 15. So this is clearly a ridiculous comment.

Dude, you have done this time after time. You understand that if someone holds a wba belt everyone backs off. Your entire argument that you created is saying no one ranked him. Well they did, sit down and shut the fuck up please. I don't give a shit about what argument you're trying to start just don't come in and post nonsense. Thanks pumpkin.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to stuff like this. I know that you have some personal problems, and I don't want to make you upset. But you should really relax.

And tell me where I said berto was top 5. You can't? I know,

I thought that is what you were insinuating when you said that one guy was drunk for saying Berto was "not ranked top 5, and not top 10 either," earlier in the thread. I guess you were referring only to the latter part of the statement, that's fine, i apologize if that upset you. But the top 10 thing is what we've focused on anyways. He was not top 10, or close to it.

it is when you talk bollocks and think no one will tell you you're being an idiot. Your boy @cottagecheesefan has a rational head on his shoulders, you are just stubborn. I hope more people challenge you when you spout moronic claptrap.

I have no idea what you're talking about with this line of attack. Why do you keep saying that nobody challenges me? It's such a weird thing you keep bringing up.

I'm not sure I understand you. You seem to mostly shit post, make bad jokes, and start fights with people. You fight on here all the time, or just eat up thread space with bad one-liners. You need to relax a little bit. You seem to take everything far too seriously. We are talking about boxing here, nothing worse getting emotional over.

1 out of the 6 ranking systems I could find had him in the top 15. So this is clearly a ridiculous comment.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to stuff like this. I know that you have some personal problems, and I don't want to make you upset. But you should really relax.

I thought that is what you were insinuating when you said that one guy was drunk for saying Berto was "not ranked top 5, and not top 10 either," earlier in the thread. I guess you were referring only to the latter part of the statement, that's fine, i apologize if that upset you. But the top 10 thing is what we've focused on anyways. He was not top 10, or close to it.

I have no idea what you're talking about with this line of attack. Why do you keep saying that nobody challenges me? It's such a weird thing you keep bringing up.

I'm not sure I understand you. You seem to mostly shit post, make bad jokes, and start fights with people. You fight on here all the time, or just eat up thread space with bad one-liners. You need to relax a little bit. You seem to take everything far too seriously. We are talking about boxing here, nothing worse getting emotional over.
Will you just fuck off? Accept you picked an argument for no reason and you have no back up to your argument. That would make me happy, just settle down beavis.

Will you just fuck off? Accept you picked an argument for no reason and you have no back up to you're argument. That would make me happy, just settle down beavis.

You know, people actually read our posts right?

You know, people actually read our posts right?
Yeah, and they realise that you cause arguments for no particular reason and as I've shown you're often wrong. I have no issue with you but if you're coming at me try harder/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back