Floyd Mayweather Jr. in talks for UFC deal, Dana White says

I don't think mayweather coming to the ufc is likely. I am just so fucking sick of every possible major fight being met with repeated petulent screams of "LIAR!! FRAUD!! SHILL!!" by sherdog.
It's as if folks know Dana is a professional bullshit artist and liar. But where would they get that idea?

dana is good for the sport they said

Realistically Mayweather can hit him once and knock him the fuck out those guys move slow as shit in MMA

This is true..

But I see it going the good old Randy Couture way..

We've already seen this fight.

Definitely gotta do Floyd Mayweather vs. CM Punk: battle of the former WrestleMania stars.

Mayweather v CM Punk makes so much sense in so many ways.

I think he should have the two juice monkeys fight as well, but they may need to cycle off before going in the testing pool

Can't wait to buy Mayweather fight kit.

Im not sure I understand the hate here.

Lets see...a world class striker with no grappling experience wants to give MMA a shot.

Is this a new idea or something?

Mirko-Cro-Cop-2.jpg
mark-hunt-2.jpg

this is just talk,letting mayweather stay a little bit more relevant before hes gone...

i dont know how people eat up this shit and believe that something like that would be ever possible...

publicity stunts from those guys over and over again,its just talking...

UFC gonna fold like elite xc when Floyd gets KOed by rocky and by a guy didn't win the ultimate fighter

Im not sure I understand the hate here.

Lets see...a world class striker with no grappling experience wants to give MMA a shot.
Is this a new idea or something?

View attachment 314963
View attachment 314965
Floyd is 40 and hasn't been chilling with Werdum for years.

Hard to picture Floyd taking a Toneyesque payday and dive.

But Floyd loves money, an MMA loss wouldn't ding his 50-0, and the Floyd-Conor fight was halfway to being a work so no problem there.

Dana is testing the waters, most likely. They'd love a Conor rematch in MMA. Pay Floyd to take the dive and restore Conor's brand. Before being forced to strip him since he would literally never fight again lol.

As a boxing fan first I hope this happens just so mayweather will lose. Putting on safety first sparring sessions isnt going to work in the UFC.

Last edited:
I remember when everyone on Sherdog was saying the exact same thing when a retired Floyd Mayweather started talking about the possibility of fighting Conor McGregor in a boxing match. This idea sounds ludicrous but I'm not dismissing anything involving Floyd as impossible anymore.

True

I don't believe anything Dana White says, ever.

Need to remember this thanks

GBzVnEJ.gif

Forget grappling, Mayweather would get destroyed on the feet, he has never fought someone with 4oz gloves with elbows, kicks, knees etc

He would not get destroyed on the feet. He's an incredible athlete, with better footwork, reactions, handspeed, accuracy, defense, IQ, and stamina than anyone he'd be facing in the UFC.

As you've no doubt noticed, actual boxing has now surpassed Muay Thai in effectiveness and popularity in the UFC. People are learning to box properly, not going to Thailand to train MT. Fuck, even GSP hired Freddie.

And look at the success people like Conor, Stipe, Cody, Ngannou, Holloway are having in MMA. Every single one of them keeps the fight standing at pretty much all costs, and four of them have a boxing background and really just use basic amateur boxing to easily defeat opponents. I realise Max has more of a MT background, but these days he's essentially a pressure boxer, who just overwhelms opponents with punches, using solid workrate, accuracy, and bodyshots.

Floyd is about 100 times better at boxing than anyone in the UFC, therefore given the right MMA training (primarily TDD and LGD), he'd be very successful.

Shut up.
All the sudden Connors going to be able to hit way harder than Floyd get the fuck out of here

First, it's conor, not connor...in boxing, floyd isn't a ko puncher...just look at his record...records speak when people become idiots...forget your opinion, just go by the record...floyd has ko's, as do most world champions. but his ko % is very low....he normally beats guys by going to decision..

Now look at conor's mma record...forget your hatred and your bias and just go by his record: Conor has 13 first round stoppages out of 21 fights...he has 7 2nd round finishes.... Only 2 men have ever gone the distance with him...ONLY 2... under 170lbs, only 1 person has gone the distance...

So tell me again, how floyd hits harder than conor does....Like I said...boxing is boxing...mma is mma...2 totally different sports...

Back