Floyd Mayweather Explains Why He Felt Sorry For Conor McGregor "Brain Damage, It Happens"

Floyd should probably have considered finishing Conor early instead of taking 111 punches himself. If he's concerned about brain damage.

Seeing as Conor punches like Paulie, it was really nothing to worry about. Hence Floyd simply walking him down without a care in the world.

UepSTfZ.gif

I've been watching boxing a lot longer than you...I'll guarantee that....floyd didn't do anything the first 3 or 4 rounds...while conor didn't land a ton on floyd, he did land alot more than floyd did....

You have no idea what you're talking about when boxing is concerned, that much is clear. Conor was landing punches like this in the first few rounds. Conor landed one clean power punch in the entire fight pretty much, the uppercut in round one that barely even got Floyd's attention.

And he didn't come close to taking the 4th round, Floyd won that clearly.

UepSTfZ.gif

I've been watching boxing a lot longer than you...I'll guarantee that....floyd didn't do anything the first 3 or 4 rounds...while conor didn't land a ton on floyd, he did land alot more than floyd did....
You dont know boxing, watch the fight from the other angle they have on youtube. Conor didnt land anything significant from the second on outside of a few good body shots late in the fight.
Floyd was blocking, parrying, and slipping conor all fight and landing the harder shots from round 2 on.
If you werent sharp enough to notice thats on you not me.
I got 25 years of watching boxing under me, if you have more years than that but still dont think floyd was doing the better work from round 2 on then you just dont understand what youre looking at.

You think floyd won rounds 2 and 3? hahahaha....check your fight metrix stats...conor outlanded floyd in the firswt 4 rounds...conor clearly won those rounds....
this isn't olympic boxing, effectiveness matters. there's a reason why olympic boxing sucks, you can pitter patter and arm punch (sound familiar?) and you "win" the fight

this isn't olympic boxing, effectiveness matters. there's a reason why olympic boxing sucks, you can pitter patter and arm punch (sound familiar?) and you "win" the fight

Conor's pitter patter started after round 4....cause floyd got inside conor's punching range...conor needs room to throw...and with bigger gloves, he couldn't adjust...

Conor's pitter patter started after round 4....cause floyd got inside conor's punching range...conor needs room to throw...and with bigger gloves, he couldn't adjust...

LOL, his pitter patter started at the very beginning of round 1 because he has no power. He throws glorified arm punches. They have nothing on them.

No one can take dat left hand! Beholds teh powa!

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

{<jordan}

LOL, his pitter patter started at the very beginning of round 1 because he has no power. He throws glorified arm punches. They have nothing on them.

No one can take dat left hand! Beholds teh powa!

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

{<jordan}

Then how do you explain him putting all his body behind and knocking out so many dudes in mma? how can you possibly say the guy has no power? only 2 people have ever gone the distance with conor. and 1 of those guys was at 170, the other he tore his acl...he has pretty much all ko's in the first and 2nd round....so tell me, how can you say the guy has no power? he obviously does....Maybe you should say, "boxing is different...guys move different in mma...therefore, he isn't as effective...instead of just saying, conor has no power....when in mma, he obviously does....

Last edited:
Mayweather is the new Nate Diaz. Gets starched when they're both fresh and then leans on the champ champ's lousy cardio to save face. The salt is real.

You are a 13 year old virgin living in your parents basement...now that is REAL.

Then how do you explain him putting all his body behind and knocking out so many dudes in mma? how can you possibly say the guy has no power? only 2 people have ever gone the distance with conor. and 1 of those guys was at 170, the other he tore his acl...he has pretty much all ko's in the first and 2nd round....so tell me, how can you say the guy has no power? he obviously does....Maybe you should say, "boxing is different...guys move different in mma...therefore, he isn't as effective...instead of just saying, conor has no power....when in mma, he obviously does....
Just face and admit that you had it all wrong, conor got blown away, he didnt carry power, he lost rounds 2 til the finish, and you dont know shit about scoring a boxing match.
Conor had nothing for Floyd and floyd knew it in round 1.

Last edited:

You've been a member since 2007 and you say you're a boxing fan and you need me to tell you this?

Boxers hit harder, much harder. They also have better chins, from years and years of taking (and learning to roll with) punches in sparring, almost every day since they were kids. Even Chael and Bisping both stated from their own experiences of training with boxers, they hit ridiculously hard for their weight, significantly more so than MMA fighters.

And it was perfectly evident in the fight. Floyd - despite not being a big puncher by boxing standards and 20 pounds lighter - was clearly the puncher of the two. His shots had more weight, snap, and torque.

McGregor's in comparison had no real explosion, snap, or torque to them. As I said, glorified arm punches. The gifs tell the story, I mean just look at all the gifs that show McGregor throwing shots, there's really nothing on them. And the shots that did land on Floyd did nothing, at all, which is why Floyd was so comfortable standing right in front of Conor and walking forwards without a care in the world.

As to why he has power in MMA, it's his timing and accuracy in conjunction with terrible chins and defence of MMA fighters. MMA fighters have absolutely awful defence compared to boxers, they're so easy to hit flush. They're easier to hurt too as they're just less used to taking flush headshots, less conditioned for it.

And admittedly Conor's precision and timing is very good, so is his patience and his ability to provoke basic MMA strikers into commiting so he can counter them. And on top of that he has crazy reach. Given all those attributes, it's not hard to see why he's able to have success teeing off on MMA fighters - but in the boxing world, he has no real power at all. Especially for his weight range, 154 to 160 - there are some proper fucking punchers there my god. PillowFists McGregor would be ridiculously outgunned.

Last edited:
Then how do you explain him putting all his body behind and knocking out so many dudes in mma?

Well you pretty much said it yourself. In MMA Conor throws all his weight nto his punches. You can't get away with that that in high level Boxing because you will get countered. Conor has "power in MMA because he throws with poor technique (his freaking back foot comes up he throws his weight so much) or he catches guys lunging into punches

You've been a member since 2007 and you say you're a boxing fan and you need me to tell you this?

Boxers hit harder, much harder. They also have better chins, from years and years of taking (and learning to roll with) punches in sparring, almost every day since they were kids. Even Chael and Bisping both stated from their own experiences of training with boxers, they hit ridiculously hard for their weight, significantly more so than MMA fighters.

And it was perfectly evident in the fight. Floyd - despite not being a big puncher by boxing standards and 20 pounds lighter - was clearly the puncher of the two. His shots had more weight, snap, and torque.

McGregor's in comparison had no real explosion, snap, or torque to them. As I said, glorified arm punches. The gifs tell the story, I mean just look at all the gifs that show McGregor throwing shots, there's really nothing on them. And the shots that did land on Floyd did nothing, at all, which is why Floyd was so comfortable standing right in front of Conor and walking forwards without a care in the world.

As to why he has power in MMA, it's his timing and accuracy in conjunction with terrible chins and defence of MMA fighters. MMA fighters have absolutely awful defence compared to boxers, they're so easy to hit flush. They're easier to hurt too as they're just less used to taking flush headshots, less conditioned for it.

And admittedly Conor's precision and timing is very good, so is his patience and his ability to provoke basic MMA strikers into commiting so he can counter them. And on top of that he has crazy reach. Given all those attributes, it's not hard to see why he's able to have success teeing off on MMA fighters - but in the boxing world, he has no real power at all. Especially for his weight range, 154 to 160 - there are some proper fucking punchers there my god. PillowFists McGregor would be ridiculously outgunned.

He also throws himself into his punches when he leads, which you can't get away with VS a good Boxer

cm4_360.gif

You can't do this shit vs a good Boxer

Well, conor did win the first 4 rounds...in my eyes and in many other's eyes....

And what did he accomplish in these 4 rounds exactly?
Apart from tiring himself out.

What a coincidence that Floyd didnt throw many punches until he turned it up in the 4th...

Conor was never once hurt?

{<jordan}

It was his own tiredness that blasted him across the ring like a punching bag, not Floyds fists.

Same with Diaz. Conor threw too many reverse flying wheelkicks so he had to panic wrestle because he needed to lay down and get some rest.
As a matter of fact, the only man who can hurt Conor is Conor himself.

It was his own tiredness that blasted him across the ring like a punching bag, not Floyds fists.

Same with Diaz. Conor threw too many reverse flying wheelkicks so he had to panic wrestle because he needed to lay down and get some rest.
As a matter of fact, the only man who can hurt Conor is Conor himself.

As a conor fan, I pretty much agree with this...I think everyone agrees, that conor needs to work on his cardio...I know he has been...but that needs to become a priority...

Man after watching this fight again, you can clearly see that Floyd was taking it easy on him and pulling his punches. Crazy that he didn't even train he was at the strip club every single night for the 3 weeks leading up to the bout until 3-4am every day even the night before the fight promoting his club. Ariel Helwani even had to go to the club for 4 hrs while he partied the week of the fight to get an interview.

At 40 years of age and 6 years past his prime, this is the heart of a true champion, he knew Conor was getting his brain damaged and he let him off easy.

One Question, Do MMA Fighters Have Weaker Chins? Or Is Floyd's Chin Just That Good?
Cause Conor Hit Him With Some BOMBS!!! and Floyd Wasn't Even Fazed....

(This is the power he's supposed to be afraid of? walking conor down without a care in the world lol)
UepSTfZ.gif

Floyd hasnt knocked ANYONE Out in 9 Years Except Conor McGregor.

Bullsh1t.

The only reason Floyd looked good in that fight is because Conor paced himself horribly and gassed by the end of the fight. Had he had just a slightly better conditioning he would have went the distance and what we already know is he arguably won 5 rounds of that fight.

Bullsh1t.

The only reason Floyd looked good in that fight is because Conor paced himself horribly and gassed by the end of the fight. Had he had just a slightly better conditioning he would have went the distance and what we already know is he arguably won 5 rounds of that fight.
Hahaha
Floyd won 8 out of the 9 rounds and stopped McConnah in the 10th.
"Point to the easy work"
Heist.

Back