Floyd Mayweather Explains Why He Felt Sorry For Conor McGregor "Brain Damage, It Happens" | Page 6

Discussion in 'Conor McGregor vs Mayweather Discussion' started by Johnny Utahs, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Massapiece Purple Belt

Massapiece
    Floyd carried him.
    Conor won round 1, floyd won 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and stopped conor in the 10th.
    Conor was easy work.

2. Massapiece Purple Belt

Massapiece
    He took it easy on him, watch a previous floyd fight for evidence.

FlowchartRog and -Magua- like this.
  3. Massapiece Purple Belt

Massapiece
    Exactly, floyd spars just the way he fought Conor.

FlowchartRog likes this.
  4. mudrubble Red Belt

mudrubble
    Conor easily took more damage than Mayweather in that fight and Floyd's right - not stopping it would only have been worse for him. He didn't brag but he could if he wanted and it would be fair.

Also Conor would have had great cardio if Floyd didn't have him walking backwards for the whole fight and throwing his hard punches at what he thought was a target. It was Floyd that took away Conor's cardio just like it was Floyd who ate a few of Conor's hard punches that stun MMA guys like snacks and sapped Conor's confidence that he could hurt, much less KO Floyd.

But I think your analysis is fair, overall. I do agree Floyd didn't intend to get hit with any of those punches so good on Conor. It is only fair to mention Floyd's trained for 3 weeks of the last few years and was doing that whole fight from muscle memory, experience, and fight IQ.

My problem is ppl comparing Conor's performance against an old, out of shape, untrained Floyd to boxers who had to fight an active, in fighting shape Floyd and drawing conclusions. Or praising Conor for what he accomplished without the caveat that, aside from a few good counters and jabs, he accomplished almost exactly what Floyd gave him room to accomplish in that fight.

5. mudrubble Red Belt

mudrubble
    Answer: Unequivocally yes. Floyd threw something like 8 punches in round one and 9 in round 2 and 14 in round 3. And many still thought he won round 3.

When Floyd throws 8 punches in a whole round HE IS LETTING YOU PUNCH - he is NOT trying to win that round!!

C'mon, be realistic at least. You can't think Floyd tried to win rounds 1 and 2 by throwing 8 and 9 punches against a guy who's throwing shot after shot, can you? You can tell that by throwing 8 punches Floyd is saying "go ahead, show me what you got - this round is all you, baby. I'll KO you later"

I can admit that some of the counters Floyd got hit with and even the jabs, he did not intend or expect to get hit with, but he was letting Conor throw them like a free for all. He just thought that even if Conor threw 200 punches he would't land anything significant but Conor did land significant blows.

So sure, Conor impressed us all. But we can't act like Floyd didn't let Conor throw like a free for all in the first few rounds with no regards to winning those rounds.

EDIT: It looked to me like Floyd mostly threw punches to fool Conor into throwing more in those first rounds. He didn't seem in the least bit concerned with hurting Conor early on- just making him throw and gas

-Magua- likes this.
  6. The Adder Green Belt

The Adder
    Mma fighters do have weaker chins.

FlowchartRog likes this.
  7. jeremyemilio Silver Belt

jeremyemilio
    Ummm... Conor hit him cleanly exactly one time. Where are these "BOMBS" you speak of? Gifs? Hell, just tell me the round and the time and I'll go find it myself... because it seems I missed it the first couple times through.

8. Novice4eva Orange Belt

Novice4eva
    These boxing chumps still making excuses why a novice went 10rnds wit tbe. He was head hunting from the 4th to the 10th, yet it took Conor completely gassing.

In mma, Mayweather would be dead.

9. Novice4eva Orange Belt

Novice4eva
    And now Mayweather wasn't in shape LOL.

10. EL GOAT Double Yellow Card

EL GOAT
    If you listen to the video.....Floyd mentions that Conor probably isn't stronger lol.....It's hilarious, specially hearing all the "Weak Floyd is gonna get own in the clinch" crap before the fight.

11. bigconan Yellow Card

bigconan
    You think floyd won rounds 2 and 3? hahahaha....check your fight metrix stats...conor outlanded floyd in the firswt 4 rounds...conor clearly won those rounds....

12. Johnny Utahs Double Yellow Card

Johnny Utahs
    conor wont be the same

13. Massapiece Purple Belt

Massapiece
    I dont think, i know who won the rounds.
    Fight metrics doesnt measure effective aggression, ring generalship, and how clean/sharp and hard a punch landed is and those are scoring criteria.
    Floyd blocked all of conors effective shots and landed the much better punches in every round from 2 on.
    You dont know shit about boxing.

Denis K, FlowchartRog and Pakman like this.
  14. Pakman Red Belt

Pakman
    Either that or get TKO'd and we know he's not going to let that happen.

Don't get the hate on Pacquiao fight really, I thought it was pretty good lol

15. Pakman Red Belt

Pakman
    Conor was definitely hurt when he was stumbling across the ring. You can pretend he wasn't because your hero begged the ref to just let him make it to the next round but, he was done.

FlowchartRog likes this.
  16. bigconan Yellow Card

bigconan
    I've been watching boxing a lot longer than you...I'll guarantee that....floyd didn't do anything the first 3 or 4 rounds...while conor didn't land a ton on floyd, he did land alot more than floyd did....

17. bigconan Yellow Card

bigconan
    I didn't see hurt, I saw gassed...

18. Pakman Red Belt

Pakman
    not at all true, all the power punches landed in rounds 2-3-4 were by Floyd. At a higher % than Conor. And Conor didn't significantly outland him in those rounds.

FlowchartRog likes this.
  19. Rear Nakey Blue Belt

Rear Nakey
    Boxers do not "carry" other boxers and intentionally get punched in the face to entertain fans. If you actually believe that you are an idiot.

20. King Joffery Purple Belt

King Joffery
    Conor was obviously pulling his punches in the first few rounds, they obviously had a pre-fight agreement, that is the only way Floyd would even agree to this fight. Pity Conor didn't double cross him and knock him out anyway but he has too much integrity and is a man of his word.