Floyd Mayweather Explains Why He Felt Sorry For Conor McGregor "Brain Damage, It Happens"

As long as people keep thinking that "floyd carried him" people will live in this delusion....floyd didn't carry shit....conor in the first 4 rounds...was strong, fast and hit hard...he clipped floyd quite a few times...he countered the normally great counter puncher....it was only when conor started to slow and gas, did floyd start putting the pressure on....
Floyd carried him.
Conor won round 1, floyd won 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and stopped conor in the 10th.
Conor was easy work.

Mayweather is one of the best boxers of all time, so of course he smashes any MMA fighter that makes his weight in boxing even at the end of his career, but he is starting to sound a bit inconsistent. He's said that he went after Conor harder than his boxing opponents, to explain why Conor landed so many punches, and he's now saying that he was taking it easy on him. He seems to change his tune depending on what fits the situation best.
He took it easy on him, watch a previous floyd fight for evidence.

I think if Conor had great cardio he would have won. Mayweather had difficulties with his reach and took punches at the beggining of the fight that surprised all of us including Mayweather and Conor. Mayweather was clearly smarter though and imposed his match plan perfectly. I would not brag about brain damage howerver since he hate the harder punches early on.

Conor easily took more damage than Mayweather in that fight and Floyd's right - not stopping it would only have been worse for him. He didn't brag but he could if he wanted and it would be fair.

Also Conor would have had great cardio if Floyd didn't have him walking backwards for the whole fight and throwing his hard punches at what he thought was a target. It was Floyd that took away Conor's cardio just like it was Floyd who ate a few of Conor's hard punches that stun MMA guys like snacks and sapped Conor's confidence that he could hurt, much less KO Floyd.

But I think your analysis is fair, overall. I do agree Floyd didn't intend to get hit with any of those punches so good on Conor. It is only fair to mention Floyd's trained for 3 weeks of the last few years and was doing that whole fight from muscle memory, experience, and fight IQ.

My problem is ppl comparing Conor's performance against an old, out of shape, untrained Floyd to boxers who had to fight an active, in fighting shape Floyd and drawing conclusions. Or praising Conor for what he accomplished without the caveat that, aside from a few good counters and jabs, he accomplished almost exactly what Floyd gave him room to accomplish in that fight.

Fact: Conor won the first few rounds.

Question: Was this due to Floyd letting him?

Answer: Unequivocally yes. Floyd threw something like 8 punches in round one and 9 in round 2 and 14 in round 3. And many still thought he won round 3.

When Floyd throws 8 punches in a whole round HE IS LETTING YOU PUNCH - he is NOT trying to win that round!!

C'mon, be realistic at least. You can't think Floyd tried to win rounds 1 and 2 by throwing 8 and 9 punches against a guy who's throwing shot after shot, can you? You can tell that by throwing 8 punches Floyd is saying "go ahead, show me what you got - this round is all you, baby. I'll KO you later"

I can admit that some of the counters Floyd got hit with and even the jabs, he did not intend or expect to get hit with, but he was letting Conor throw them like a free for all. He just thought that even if Conor threw 200 punches he would't land anything significant but Conor did land significant blows.

So sure, Conor impressed us all. But we can't act like Floyd didn't let Conor throw like a free for all in the first few rounds with no regards to winning those rounds.

EDIT: It looked to me like Floyd mostly threw punches to fool Conor into throwing more in those first rounds. He didn't seem in the least bit concerned with hurting Conor early on- just making him throw and gas

Man after watching this fight again, you can clearly see that Floyd was taking it easy on him and pulling his punches. Crazy that he didn't even train he was at the strip club every single night for the 3 weeks leading up to the bout until 3-4am every day even the night before the fight promoting his club. Ariel Helwani even had to go to the club for 4 hrs while he partied the week of the fight to get an interview.

At 40 years of age and 6 years past his prime, this is the heart of a true champion, he knew Conor was getting his brain damaged and he let him off easy.

One Question, Do MMA Fighters Have Weaker Chins? Or Is Floyd's Chin Just That Good?
Cause Conor Hit Him With Some BOMBS!!! and Floyd Wasn't Even Fazed....

Floyd hasnt knocked ANYONE Out in 9 Years Except Conor McGregor.

Ummm... Conor hit him cleanly exactly one time. Where are these "BOMBS" you speak of? Gifs? Hell, just tell me the round and the time and I'll go find it myself... because it seems I missed it the first couple times through.

These boxing chumps still making excuses why a novice went 10rnds wit tbe. He was head hunting from the 4th to the 10th, yet it took Conor completely gassing.

In mma, Mayweather would be dead.

If you listen to the video.....Floyd mentions that Conor probably isn't stronger lol.....It's hilarious, specially hearing all the "Weak Floyd is gonna get own in the clinch" crap before the fight.

Floyd carried him.
Conor won round 1, floyd won 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and stopped conor in the 10th.
Conor was easy work.

You think floyd won rounds 2 and 3? hahahaha....check your fight metrix stats...conor outlanded floyd in the firswt 4 rounds...conor clearly won those rounds....

You think floyd won rounds 2 and 3? hahahaha....check your fight metrix stats...conor outlanded floyd in the firswt 4 rounds...conor clearly won those rounds....
I dont think, i know who won the rounds.
Fight metrics doesnt measure effective aggression, ring generalship, and how clean/sharp and hard a punch landed is and those are scoring criteria.
Floyd blocked all of conors effective shots and landed the much better punches in every round from 2 on.
You dont know shit about boxing.

Conor knew he had no chance
And he was going to get smashed all night long after Floyd stopped carrying him

And Conor didn't give a shit because he knew he was making more $$$ than what he'd make in his 5 fights combined that he has left on his ufc contract

May/Pac was a disaster only to the idiots.

Really don't know what you guys expected

Floyd was going to always take a UD like that.

Either that or get TKO'd and we know he's not going to let that happen.

Don't get the hate on Pacquiao fight really, I thought it was pretty good lol

Another white belt conor hate trol thread....brain damage? conor was never once hurt in that entire fight...never knocked down even one time...he got tired....that was it...floyd didn't train? Sure thing buddy boy...haha floyd only came on, cause conor got tired...anyone who doesn't see that is delusional....brain damage....hahahaahahaha

Conor was definitely hurt when he was stumbling across the ring. You can pretend he wasn't because your hero begged the ref to just let him make it to the next round but, he was done.

I dont think, i know who won the rounds.
Fight metrics doesnt measure effective aggression, ring generalship, and how clean/sharp and hard a punch landed is and those are scoring criteria.
Floyd blocked all of conors effective shots and landed the much better punches in every round from 2 on.
You dont know shit about boxing.

I've been watching boxing a lot longer than you...I'll guarantee that....floyd didn't do anything the first 3 or 4 rounds...while conor didn't land a ton on floyd, he did land alot more than floyd did....

Conor was definitely hurt when he was stumbling across the ring. You can pretend he wasn't because your hero begged the ref to just let him make it to the next round but, he was done.

I didn't see hurt, I saw gassed...

I've been watching boxing a lot longer than you...I'll guarantee that....floyd didn't do anything the first 3 or 4 rounds...while conor didn't land a ton on floyd, he did land alot more than floyd did....

not at all true, all the power punches landed in rounds 2-3-4 were by Floyd. At a higher % than Conor. And Conor didn't significantly outland him in those rounds.

Boxers do not "carry" other boxers and intentionally get punched in the face to entertain fans. If you actually believe that you are an idiot.

Conor was obviously pulling his punches in the first few rounds, they obviously had a pre-fight agreement, that is the only way Floyd would even agree to this fight. Pity Conor didn't double cross him and knock him out anyway but he has too much integrity and is a man of his word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back