Floyd Mayweather does have a better chance against Conor than Conor in boxing

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustOnce, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Superzorro

Superzorro Goddess of War

If Conor doesn't want to lose, all he has to do is take Floyd down from the clench, that Floyd so often relies on in boxing. It was called "holding" in their boxing match. But in the MMA fight, it will be called a takedown. Floyd has no chance of winning on the ground unless an injury occurs.

2. wh4tttt

wh4tttt Orange Belt

look at those pillow fist . maybe next time he can avoid those pillow fist if he stops posing like his toddler

[​IMG]

3. bigconan

bigconan Silver Belt

Are we really going back to the rousey vs mayweather thing again.....wow...just wow....when will you white knights realize, no woman can beat a man in a fight...if that man has even a little fight training, he would mop the floor with the best female fighter on the planet...just given he's a man...After watching how easily Rousey got hit against holly and nunes, i can't believe some people still thing she could beat mayweather....Mayweather would hit her just one time...even with a stiff jab and knock her out...we are talking about a man hitting her...not powder puff punching holly holm, who couldn't break an egg.

wh4tttt likes this.
  4. Money509

Money509 A Level Poster

Conor would beat him bad in a MMA fight. And i rooted for floyd against conor. Floyd actually didnt hit conor that easily until conor gassed when they boxed. In mma were conor can throw kicks i doubt floyd would even touch him. Conor would destroy his lead leg, probably hit him with multiple kicks to the body and then hit him up top with something as well.

He would mix it up and ref would probably have to stop it or he gets kod with a kick.Conor wouldnt even have to go to the ground.

CodeBreaker likes this.
  5. Sage NorthGOAT

Sage NorthGOAT The OG Double Champ

I think Conor would stand with him and basically just box with some clench fighting and a few trips to make things more 'macho', which would greatly increase Floyd's chances.

Conor probably aint gonna take him down and submit him cuz it would make him look like he's afraid to trade with him. Or maybe he might demonstrate that he can, but release him instead.

6. Superzorro

Superzorro Goddess of War

What footwork? His footwork is not geared toward avoiding takedowns.

And no, Conor could run a marathon, and still have the gas left required to wrestle fuck Floyd.

7. Jarvan

Jarvan Brown Belt

You just seem extremely ambivalent.
    Or you just wrote a lot of fillers to say that Floyd has a better chance in mma than Conor does in boxing. Brevity isn't a sin.

And your opinion is biased (you're not fond of Conor), empty (no real substantial evidence), hypocritical(Conor's MMA doesn't translate to boxing, but Floyd's boxing translates to MMA... because MMA apparently doesn't require timing, endurance, and agility of any sort), and delusional.

8. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

lol footwork. Floyd is not going to stay standing against Conor unless Conor wants him to. The only way for Floyd to avoid being taken down is to turn his back and run as fast as possible. If hes locked in a cage, that wont work...

The greatest boxing footwork the world has ever seen still does not help prevent a takedown.

9. filthynumber1

filthynumber1 Silver Belt

worked out well for James Toney
    :rolleyes:

10. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice 26-1

Boxing Conor can win rounds
    MMA Floyd wouldn't even survive half a round

Conor doesn't even need to take him down

[​IMG]

^What happens next in a MMA fight^

Can you imagine

<36>

CodeBreaker likes this.
  11. JustOnce

JustOnce Brown Belt

Sure if you say so

12. JustOnce

JustOnce Brown Belt

Before COnor won the lw belt, I thought Conor with the right match up could become three division champ and think Conor is probably the third goat.

I think you just have nothing better than to just using a few negative adjectives to attack a person other than what that person said. Sherdog 101

13. Jarvan

Jarvan Brown Belt

I replied in adherence to what you wrote.
    Gave examples and explained myself.
    You... More empty words. Don't be offended. Realize that your thought was shit and build on it next time you wanna post something.

14. Ilovepizza

Ilovepizza Banned Banned

Floyds chances are better than conors in boxing.
    I hate both guys.
    Floyd by sub/tko or conor by left.

15. Twixt

Twixt White Belt

Lets have them box with 4 oz MMA gloves. I think Mcgregor would have a legitimate chance of winning in that scenario. In MMA Mcgregor beats floyd 100% of the time. Even if Floyd catches him I doubt it would sleep Mcgregor, and it would just make him take it more seriously, and decide to take it to the ground (which he absolutely could do at will).

16. Khaiser

Khaiser White Belt

Of course he has a better chance of beating McGregor in MMA than McGregor has of beating him in boxing. It shouldn’t even need to be said. Every expert from any full contact martial art is going to have a better chance of beating a top MMA fighter in the cage than the MMA fighter would of beating them in their own discipline.

What chance do you give Conor of beating an ADCC black belt in a submission grappling comp?

What chance do you give him of beating an Olympic calibre wrestler on the mat?

What chance do you give him of beating a lumping champ under full Thai rules?

Boxing isn’t some sort of exception to the rule here. In fact it probably has a deeper talent pool than any of the sports mentioned.

To clarify though, when I say he has a better chance, he’s also likely to get wrecked much quicker, owning to the more open ruleset of MMA.

17. Khaiser

Khaiser White Belt

Worked out well for Tim Sylvia.

The reality is it’s much more common for a high level fighter from a single discipline to have success in MMA than the other way around, for obvious reasons.

18. Ares Black

Ares Black Asteroid Belt

Except Floyd Mayweather isnt a hard puncher. At all.

In the 14 fights leading up to MacGregor he had a whopping 3 KOs.

19. cocksure

cocksure Red Belt

20. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Silver Belt

Mayweather before, say, the Gatti fight, would have devastating power in mma, especially in combination. He had very good power, exceptional speed and some of the greatest defensive reflexes in the history in boxing, up there with Willie Pep and Nico Loche.

Mayweather also knows how to properly, fully leverage his weight into his punches, something mma fighters cannot do most of the time, albeit from mechanical necessity with strikes and takedowns, or lack of skill and time throwing proper punches.