Floyd is gonna make a mockery out of ufc

i hope conor smokes him with an illegal kick, cuts a promo and walks out.

It will set the UFC back quite a few years, the casuals will see boxing as superior. If the UFC let this happen they're incredibly short sighted.

How does that make a mockery of the UFC? Maybe with people who don't understand boxing OR MMA....everyone else understands that if you fight out of your sport you're likely to get schooled but it's cool because it will be an entertaining circus and a monumental payday for all involved. The UFC doesn't claim MMA fighters would dominate boxing.

Thats the thing the targeted audience is the casuals who are entised most by promoting a show. We won't care because we know the difference. But the casual would probably be turned away depending on the outcome of the fight.

Exposure is not by itself a good long term measure. It might generate loads of immediate popular interest, but if it results in an absolute humiliation of Conor, it may very well generate a lot of skepticism and dismissal by casuals and unfamiliar audiences for the sport. Particularly those who were drawn into this because of Conor's presumed God status.

Fighters lose value as they lose their mystique and people lose interest. If people's interests on a sport hinge on a fighter, the loss of the fighter's mystique might jeopardize their interest wholesale. And those unfamiliar with it might distrust the quality of the athletes competing and succeeding in the sport.

If Conor looks as bad as I expect him to, this could very well play out.

If conor loses badly, its not going to make us look good. Thats for damn sure.
Fuck this whole thing.

It could turn into an utter humiliation fight where Conor looks like an amateur and I'm not sure if casuals wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the best guys in mma are nothing in terms of talent compared to the best boxers. Lay people usually think in simple terms, ignore variables like takedown threat, kicks influence on stance, glove protection (some even think bigger gloves hit harder lol) and like mmath.

I didn't know who that was until the fight happened. I think most boxing fans had forgotten to james Tony was.

If you forget who James Toney was you were never a boxing fan.

Pretty sure glove size is sanctioned within the boxing commission. They will fight at welterweight, right? That's either the limit of 8oz gloves or the starting weight class for 10oz. I've never heard of any fighter requesting and being granted a pro fight with bigger gloves.

And I don't think this is going to make a joke of the UFC. People understand that they are very different sports, and one of our guys with an 0-0 boxing record is fighting the best boxer of all time. No one outside of some drunk Irish fans expects Conor to win.

You're right. If the fight takes place at 147 the gloves will be 8oz. If it's higher than that they will be 10oz as mandated by the comission.

Floyd also always uses the most padded gloves possible because of his fragile hands, consider that a bonus for Conor.

I agree. Conor is in his prime, has knocked multiple people out with a boxing style left hand and is fighting a 40 year old retired Mayweather. I don't get how Boxing fans are so sure Mayweather will obliterate Conor. I mean, could happen but I still wouldn't bet on it.

Mainly because he is one of the best ever and has made actual Boxing legends look like amatures. Plus he's only been retired for 18 months and according to him still trains regularly.

Love him or hate him Floyd is one of the greatest atheletes of our generation and he's incredibly smart. He wouldn't risk his brand if he didn't think he was in good enough shape to dominate.

james tony got worked......didnt mean shit for boxing

That's a little different. It's like Pacquiao or Mayweather stepped into the cage in their primes and got absolutely fucking murked. Hugely embarrassed and destroyed in front of an enormous audience.

It isn't going matter. After mayweather clowns him connor will say something like "I fought the goat boxer abd was the first one to ever (insert some bs he didn't do or doesn't matter) and in a real fight I'd take his head clean off"

All his fans will parrot it until he manes his return fight in the ufc by defending against st nate

If he wants to make a mockery out of the UFC, he should come fight for the UFC.

Oh, wait, he won't. He'd be destroyed inside 2 minutes by any top 15 fighter in any division.

TS proves that there are some extremely stupid people with extremely stupid opinions walking this planet. The darwin awards will never run out of contenders.

If he wants to make a mockery out of the UFC, he should come fight for the UFC.

Oh, wait, he won't. He'd be destroyed inside 2 minutes by any top 15 fighter in any division.
Why would he take a 90% pay cut?

Why would he take a 90% pay cut?
Even if the pay were the same, do you really imagine Floyd Mayweather fighting under MMA rules against any kind of talented MMA fighter? Takedown, pass guard, submission. 2 minutes, tops.

Even if the pay were the same, do you really imagine Floyd Mayweather fighting under MMA rules against any kind of talented MMA fighter? Takedown, pass guard, submission. 2 minutes, tops.
I can't imagine mma paying as much or Merryfeather having as much autonomy as he has now with boxing. So the question eliminates all variables except Merryfeather competing in mma for some reason.

Back