Floyd has great Takedown defence

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He sprawled a couple times nice on Conor. Overpowered him in the clinch. Conor even said after how he was surprised by how strong Floyd was in the clinch.

If this fight took place in MMA and Conor couldn't take him down. Who wins?

Yeah Conor couldn't land one takedown against Floyd, that was probably the biggest surprise of the boxing match

I mean, if any middling MMA fighter had a clear shot at a power double leg or single leg, I doubt that Floyd or any other elite Boxer would be able to stop him, especially without any training or prep.

Having said that, as a Boxer, we work very, very hard on our clinch games and it's no surprise that Conor found out the hard way as to how strong Floyd is in close quarters.

Conor was dominating the clinch most of the fight

He took Floyds back EVERY TIME

Stop with the bullshit

Conor was dominating the clinch most of the fight

He took Floyds back EVERY TIME

Stop with the bullshit
Because Floyd gave it to him. If Floyd wanted he could have easily japanese necktied that bum.

Here's a gif of Floyd actually sprawling yet another panic wrestle attempt by Conor:

r4gH2G.gif

Boxing is the ultimate striking art. Look at the way Floyd was framing to stop Conor from closing the distance, and then punching Conor. Conor even mentioned it in his interviews.

Boxing is the ultimate striking art.

A boxer already knows MMA without being aware of it. Once he/she is made aware of the takedown threat and other forms of striking, then it is just a matter of adjustment and fight experience.

In the case of boxing, it is the individual and not the art, that fails in MMA.

Boxing is the ultimate striking art. Look at the way Floyd was framing to stop Conor from closing the distance, and then punching Conor. Conor even mentioned it in his interviews.

Boxing is the ultimate striking art.

A boxer already knows MMA without being aware of it. Once he/she is made aware of the takedown threat and other forms of striking, then it is just a matter of adjustment and fight experience.

In the case of boxing, it is the individual and not the art, that fails in MMA.

Nah, boxing is too upright and one dimensional to call the ultimate striking art in mixed competition.
I'll take Thai kickboxing every time.

Nah, boxing is too upright and one dimensional to call the ultimate striking art in mixed competition.
I'll take Thai kickboxing every time.
Boxing is one dimensional. That is a joke. But it is just a matter of opinions.

I don't box never had in my life, but the MayMac fight made me pay attention to boxing, and I believe it is the most effective striking art. It is just my opinion.

Obviously it was a boxing match so Conor never went 100% for a takedown but because Conor couldnt keep the mma muscle memory totally under control he did a couple half assed shots on Floyds legs and engaged in the clinch enough to be pretty impressed with Floyds reactions to them. He used the forearm well to pry Conor off and bullied him in the clinch quite often and sprawled well on that half shot against the ropes. I think hes just a natural. His incredible reflexes would immediately translate over to avoiding a double leg and it showed. I was impressed.

Floyd would have been 50-1 if he ever fought prime Chavez.

Floyd frames off people extremely well and is just very adaptable due to his massive fight IQ. He even started countering Conor's attempt to take his back (with moderate success) later on by simply altering his usual forearm frame. I was pretty impressed but not surpised. It's hard to bully Floyd in close quarters

Because Floyd gave it to him. If Floyd wanted he could have easily japanese necktied that bum.

i need to watch the fight again ... but the most lol part was, when floyd outmuscled him in the clinch ... maybe im wrong :D i need to watch it again.

Brah, just stop it. It's embarrassing now. Floyd got severely dominated by an MMA fighter and everyone is trying to grasp straws now. I hate Conor's antics but he isn't the best P4P roid free fighter that we have ever seen: just deal with it and move on

Brah, just stop it. It's embarrassing now. Floyd got severely dominated by an MMA fighter and everyone is trying to grasp straws now. I hate Conor's antics but he isn't the best P4P roid free fighter that we have ever seen: just deal with it and move on

he won 3 rounds (i dont care if gifted or not), but ..
<36>

floyd was never in trouble.

gn8 guys

Back