Floyd doesn't hurt his opponents ...

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Every time I've seen Floyd fight he shows amazing understanding of defense (the best) but he doesn't hurt anyone. I can't remember him even wobbling people.

I see interviews with people in Floyd's camp and his family etc... and they always say Floyd is going to KO the next chump...

Delusional? Or can someone show me some highlights of him Ko'ing or Tko'ing people?

Where's the KO here?

He hasn't had one since 2007 but Diego Corrales and Ricky Hatton are examples of good champions he stopped. Not to mention lesser guys like Gatti, Juuko, Ndou, etc.

He hurt all his opponents.

The fact he didn't knock them all out has nothing to do with whether he hurt them or not. If he wasn't hurting them they would all just go wild swinging for the fences and trying to take his head off. He made people pay for their mistakes which caused almost all of them to hesitate offensively.

As far as you not ever seeing him wobble people you must either not be paying attention or you don't watch many of his fights. He had Mosley doing the chicken dance twice. He rocked Cotto a bunch of times. Canelo very obviously got stood up by more than one body shot. Besides of course putting Hatton and Ortiz to sleep.

Every time I've seen Floyd fight he shows amazing understanding of defense (the best) but he doesn't hurt anyone. I can't remember him even wobbling people.

I see interviews with people in Floyd's camp and his family etc... and they always say Floyd is going to KO the next chump...

Delusional? Or can someone show me some highlights of him Ko'ing or Tko'ing people?

Where's the KO here?

Older Floyd not a KO artist he did come from a lower wieght class

But he has enough power to get respect , if he fought a lower level boxer I imagine he would ko him

Floyd maxed out at about 150 pounds. He's not a destroyer at 147.

That said, look who he's fought at 147. They aren't guys known for being chinny.

Hurt Cotto in the 12th, that was the last time.

When does his family predict KO's?

Hurt Cotto in the 12th, that was the last time.

When does his family predict KO's?

Always, but that's just sort of the way they talk. "We gonna knock that mother fucker out" is Roger's way of saying "good afternoon."

It's called boxing, not hurting.

Everyone tries to put the gas on Floyd and then lets up after taking some potshots. Floyd hurts people enough but doesn't throw combos to wrap it up like some. Pac for all his talk knew he was outclassed and didn't want to get ko'ed.

Where's the KO here?

Agree with everything since 2005 apart from his sucker punch on Ortiz his only KO was hatton he will go down as probably the best defensive fighter ever.

Floyds hands are fucked up just like his dads.he knew after this fight with Baldomir and had to change his fight style or retire. The result he went from great at defense to being legendary.

If only Floyd settled in and stayed at 140, or if he actually aggresively cut-weight he could've fought at 135 his whole career, it would've been something else. All those counters and pot shots he stings WWs and JMWs with, would've been sitting down guys for the count at the lower weights. Like ironfist said, he wrecked guys in his 20s in the 130s. Imagine Floyd in his 30s with all his skills refined down there. He would've been untouchable defensively and devastating offensively, and with the same low punch output.

But the big money was in moving up to WW and JMW.

It's also called boxing not hugging. Or boxing not defensing. etc. etc.

It's also called "boxing", not "rock em sock em robots". It's called "boxing", not "whiffing a whole bunch of punches only to get punched in the face/body" etc. etc.

Also, 'defensing' made me lol.

TS: Floyd hadn't stopped many people at the latter end of his career because he went up to the higher weightclasses while also having hands of glass. Now I believe it was Oscar who said that Floyd's power is deceptive. You can see it when he fights a guy like Canelo; while Canelo had nowhere near the boxing skills of Floyd, Floyd's shots are also stopping Canelo in his place.

Last edited:
I'd like to think this sounded a bit better in your head.

No. The point is that there are a lot of components of boxing that are not called boxing. This includes hurting your opponent, hugging, defending. Just because a sport isn't named after all of the components of that sport does not mean those components are not part of the sport.

But you knew that.

49-0 with 26kos.
He knocked out over half his opponents.
Someone said his last KO was in 2007. It wasn't it was in 2011.
Every person he face says he has power.
What he does is he doesn't over commit to the KO. Hes perfectly fine with just beating u up.
I enjoy watching his expertise and his great technical skill.

People always go "In the 80s era he would've got beat".
Well in the 80s era it was 15 rounds, and I don't think Guerrero, Berto, Cotto, Mosley, and a couple others would've made it to 15. They looked fucked up after 12.

Also add in that he went up in weight after smashing through the smaller weights.

Back