Floyd could come back now and beat anyone 147 or under

Floyd has clearly lost a step, which isn't exactly shameful at his age. He knew when to quit fighting top guys because he's a smart fella boxingwise.

he looked like garbage vs conor, even in kicking his ass.

let that sink in. he did not look good against a guy making his debut. he would get stopped inside 6 rounds vs any top guy right now.

but that's how pro boxing works, 50 fights into his career, at 40 years old, it's physically impossible for him to be on par with the new guys. in his prime, he puts a clinic on all of them. but he is far removed from his prime now.

You think he looked shit in the later rounds? He was obviously going easy on Conor on the beginning to feel him out and try and make interesting for the public

Floyd's timing didn't look very good against McGregor and that's usually a pretty good indicator that a fighter is heading towards being shot. Spence, Porter, and Crawford would all be deservedly favoured. Thurman might be, as well, although, Thurman doesn't match up all that well with Floyd (a boxer-puncher who mostly relies on his athleticism and lacks a good jab isn't ideal if you're going to beat even a greatly diminished Mayweather). Khan and Brook might be favoured, as well. I don't think any of them stop Floyd except for maybe Spence. Floyd's the type of fighter who would always be extremely difficult to stop even if he's far passed his best.

Spence would get the hard right hand from round 1. When he wants to come in with punches in bunches Floyd check hooks him and is out of the way in a position to land another clean right and remind him it is a bad idea. Also Floyd grabs at all the right times.

Porter would almost never hit Floyd the whole fight. He is great but fights to small and does best against the ropes and you won't get Money up against the ropes unless he feels like doing the matrix shuffle and check hooking his way back out again.

Crawford is very skilled and athletic but he doesn't hit hard enough to bother Floyd. Floyd can faint him and throw a 1-2 at will by round 5 since Floyd can close the gap better than anyone.

Also we don't know what Floyd lost or didn't lose he did what he needed to win. A traditional guard without as much movement was clearly a good game plan and let him keep enough energy to get the ko he wanted in the later rounds.

source.gif

E = mc... ROADWORK!

It's not that complicated. Boxers run to build cardio. Connor doesn't run, ever.

Except from title defenses in his 15 minute sport.

Utter nonesense, stop getting your news from Chael Sonnen.

Conor gassed because he's never went 12 rounds before, to suggest that all he needed to do is run around the block to develop a 12 round championship boxing engine is bullshit. There's a reason why it can take guys up 20 fights before they get put in a 12 round fight, there's a reason why fighters are gradually stepped up to that distance. It's much more to do with the experience of how to manage your stamina than about how far you can run. No amount of roadwork would have helped him in that time period.

There was never any chance Conor could maintain a high movement style like that, especially not when he's been walked down, that's as mentally crushing as it is physical. he had 8 WEEKS to prepare, that's a pathetic amount of time given the task he was up against. I actually thought he'd be out of the fight by round 4, I didn't expect him to win a single round, certainly not as late as the 8th and not as many as 4. You can spin lots of different narratives on the fight like you already have, he was younger, bigger, talked a load of shit etc, he was also a complete novice when it comes to boxing, that's FAR more significant than a 15 pound size advantage.

Conor gassed because he's never went 12 rounds before, to suggest that all he needed to do is run around the block to develop a 12 round championship boxing engine is bullshit. There's a reason why it can take guys up 20 fights before they get put in a 12 round fight, there's a reason why fighters are gradually stepped up to that distance. It's much more to do with the experience of how to manage your stamina than about how far you can run. No amount of roadwork would have helped him in that time period.

There was never any chance Conor could maintain a high movement style like that, especially not when he's been walked down, that's as mentally crushing as it is physical. he had 8 WEEKS to prepare, that's a pathetic amount of time given the task he was up against. I actually thought he'd be out of the fight by round 4, I didn't expect him to win a single round, certainly not as late as the 8th and not as many as 4. You can spin lots of different narratives on the fight like you already have, he was younger, bigger, talked a load of shit etc, he was also a complete novice when it comes to boxing, that's FAR more significant than a 15 pound size advantage.

i knew conor could do 7/8 rounds or maybe 9 rounds. he trained his fucking ass off for fooking 100 millions of fucking dollars. even i would train my ass off for 100 million dollars ... holyshit.

im pretty sure, he started way earlier with the training, cuz every1 with a half brain :D knew that this fight would happen.

No way you're training the jab like that unless you're showing off or coming back for another fight.

I don't see it.

As one guy said - he did not look that great despite carrying and schooling conor.

Mayweather would really struggle with any of the top guys at this point. Coming back would be a mistake. I'd hate to see him lose just because he's old.

Given there’s only a handful of people on here who could accurately date that video, don’t try and do it, I’ve got no clue and I know the people who would laugh their ass of if I tried. If someone is saying Floyd couldn’t get in the ring and smack the shit out of Oscar De La Hoya I have no idea what to say.

While I do think he'd lose to a few WWs at this point, this isn't exactly the best reasoning.

Well, he said "anyone," so clearly Floyd can't just walk in and do that, even by your own admission in the above post.

<Waaah>

Back