Floyd could come back now and beat anyone 147 or under

giphy.gif

So now we are pretending that having a 10 round gas tank for a professional fighter is "pretty impressive"?

Fuck that nonsense. It's the job!

Have the cardio to go 12 rounds or stay the hell out of boxing and off pay-per-view. This isn't MMA and you don't get blowjobs from fans/announcers/owners/fighters for not gassing out in 3 fucking minutes. Like Sonnen said after the fight. Connor should take a few bucks out of his 50 million + fight purse and buy a treadmill if he is going to keep avoiding ever doing any roadwork at all.

Connor doesn't get enough credit? Being decades younger with a huge weight and size and reach advantage then getting STOPPED by someone who hasn't even knocked a guy down in 7 years and who has been retired for 2 years doesn't deserve fucking credit. It deserves ridicule especially for how he ran his filthy mouth for a year leading up to his own destruction.

It was impressive when considering the facts that you are leaving out. Like the small fact that it was Connors first ever boxing match. The guy didn't know how to go 12, of course he got stopped late. I do think it was impressive of Mayweather to still have the gas tank at age 40 to be throwing shots as fast as he was in the championship rounds.

The guy didn't know how to go 12, of course he got stopped late.

source.gif

E = mc... ROADWORK!

It's not that complicated. Boxers run to build cardio. Connor doesn't run, ever.

Except from title defenses in his 15 minute sport.

It was impressive when considering the facts that you are leaving out. Like the small fact that it was Connors first ever boxing match. The guy didn't know how to go 12, of course he got stopped late. I do think it was impressive of Mayweather to still have the gas tank at age 40 to be throwing shots as fast as he was in the championship rounds.
that's not how it works.

you don't talk mad shit, have every physical advantage, get your ass kicked and go "oh but it was so impressive that i lasted this long". no motherfucker, you got owned by an older, smaller guy. when people told conor he shouldn't be taking on floyd in his first match, his reply was that he's had a ton of fights and this was going to be easy. his fans echoed the same bullshit.

i thought he had the most power of anyone floyd's ever faced? i thought his unorthodox style would totally throw floyd off?

if anything, floyd was disappointing because we all hoped he hadn't diminished that much in the 2 years he'd been inactive. well, he did. no one really impressed in the fight, except if we're giving out medals for participation. omg conor didn't get brutally ko'd in the first round, he's so impressive! and the 10th round isn't championship rounds.

but hey, you probably also believe mcgregor wasn't really hurt in the end, he was "just a little fatigued". and floyd isn't faster, or more skilled, he's just so composed in there.

What? how stiff he looked on the heavy bag? thats how he uses the heavy bag, go watch any training footage from throughout his career. he doesn't practice footwork, defense or fluidity when hitting the bag, he stands flat footed and practices power body shots and hooks. He also dwarfed Marquez in the fight, Marquez was coming all the way up from 135 AND Floyd missed weight. Grnted, Floyd was much better then than he is now, I'm not denying that. BUT if you think JEFF HORN has any chance against the version of Floyd that fought Connor you simply DKSAB. Horn would get absolutely schooled. I still think Floyd would probably beat Porter too. Too much fight I.Q, too much experience dealing with guys trying to bullrush him and bully him on the inside. Porter is a brute, I have a hard time seeing him landing many clean punches even on this version of Floyd. I do have a hard time seeing Floyd holding up in a 12 rounder vs Spence though.

People don't give enough credit to Connor or Floyd for that fight. Floyd wasn't letting Connor win early, of course he wasn't, why can't people admit that Connor has some skill and did some good things against Floyd? Or that Floyd showing the gas tank, precision, speed and accuracy to stop Connor was pretty impressive.

Conor was the heavy bag, buddy.

Him beating spence or thurman is far from a guarantee. At 140 its just wild speculation because he hasnt fought there in so long.

that's not how it works.

you don't talk mad shit, have every physical advantage, get your ass kicked and go "oh but it was so impressive that i lasted this long". no motherfucker, you got owned by an older, smaller guy. when people told conor he shouldn't be taking on floyd in his first match, his reply was that he's had a ton of fights and this was going to be easy. his fans echoed the same bullshit.

i thought he had the most power of anyone floyd's ever faced? i thought his unorthodox style would totally throw floyd off?

if anything, floyd was disappointing because we all hoped he hadn't diminished that much in the 2 years he'd been inactive. well, he did. no one really impressed in the fight, except if we're giving out medals for participation. omg conor didn't get brutally ko'd in the first round, he's so impressive! and the 10th round isn't championship rounds.

but hey, you probably also believe mcgregor wasn't really hurt in the end, he was "just a little fatigued". and floyd isn't faster, or more skilled, he's just so composed in there.
Mcgregor was obviously hurt at the end, and Floyd was much faster, and more skilled. Don't put words in my mouth. My point mostly was the fight was pretty entertaining. You are right I guess when taking in all the pre fight bullshit by Connor, his sycophant fans, and the Robin Blacks of the world. I was impressed by both fighters personally, but to each their own, I thought Conor did pretty well landing on Floyd, and I thought Floyd did well walking him down and absolutely putting him in his place with short straight rights and left hooks. I just personally thinks it sucks that so many people treat the fight like it sucked and both guys looked bad. I dunno, I think seeing probably the best MMA puncher in his prime go up against a 40 year old boxing legend was a fun spectacle and I didn't think it disappointed. Thats it. I found the fight more interesting than alot of Floyd fights at 147. It seems to me that a lot of people are super dug in in a certain camp, Floyd nuthuggers, Connor nut huggers, Connor haters, that they weren't able to just enjoy the fight.

source.gif

E = mc... ROADWORK!

It's not that complicated. Boxers run to build cardio. Connor doesn't run, ever.

Except from title defenses in his 15 minute sport.

But it is much more complicated than just having good cardio or doing roadwork. Boxers, even blue chip boxers SLOWLY work their way up from 4 rounders, to 8, to 10, to 12. Not because they are out of shape, but because knowing how to be efficient through 12 rounds is a learned skill. Connor looked like he hadn't even considered this, he was throwing at EVERY SINGLE opening he saw. That is simply something you don't see top boxers do, ever. Maybe like a Margarito type, but elite boxers are wise about picking their spots and not throwing heat every time they think they see an opening.

But it is much more complicated than just having good cardio or doing roadwork. Boxers, even blue chip boxers SLOWLY work their way up from 4 rounders, to 8, to 10, to 12. Not because they are out of shape, but because knowing how to be efficient through 12 rounds is a learned skill. Connor looked like he hadn't even considered this, he was throwing at EVERY SINGLE opening he saw. That is simply something you don't see top boxers do, ever. Maybe like a Margarito type, but elite boxers are wise about picking their spots and not throwing heat every time they think they see an opening.

Most fighters do go that route and start with 4 rounders to 6 or 8, 10 and then 12 rounders. Why? They need to get their pacing down. Pacing is a skill but it's also one that you learn and perfect from experience. You shouldn't bite on every opening because you risk being baited into a trap that you didn't know you were being setup for. If you believe that the opening is too good to be true then it probably is if you're fighting a slick boxer like Mayweather. I wouldn't say Conor was throwing much heat though. When you look at that fight you see Conor mostly touching Floyd or trying to in order to pick up rounds. He came out fast in the first round immediately to set the tone and try and get respect from Floyd but beyond that he was trying to pace himself over the course of the fight by conserving his (limited) energy.

He thought that he was going to somehow outbox/outpoint Floyd and that was a terrible gameplan.

Mcgregor was obviously hurt at the end, and Floyd was much faster, and more skilled. Don't put words in my mouth. My point mostly was the fight was pretty entertaining. You are right I guess when taking in all the pre fight bullshit by Connor, his sycophant fans, and the Robin Blacks of the world. I was impressed by both fighters personally, but to each their own, I thought Conor did pretty well landing on Floyd, and I thought Floyd did well walking him down and absolutely putting him in his place with short straight rights and left hooks. I just personally thinks it sucks that so many people treat the fight like it sucked and both guys looked bad. I dunno, I think seeing probably the best MMA puncher in his prime go up against a 40 year old boxing legend was a fun spectacle and I didn't think it disappointed. Thats it. I found the fight more interesting than alot of Floyd fights at 147. It seems to me that a lot of people are super dug in in a certain camp, Floyd nuthuggers, Connor nut huggers, Connor haters, that they weren't able to just enjoy the fight.
meh, i can't say i really enjoyed the fight, but it wasn't horrible. i just like my boxing clean and technical, and conor never was either, while floyd simply lost a huge step.

i understand it was entertaining, but this was a complete shitshow that never should've happened and i'll be damned if i'm giving conor any credit for it. he went in there to earn money in exchange for getting punched in the face a lot. when he was pulled out of the fight he immediately talked mad shit. people like to say that he's such a warrior for challenging himself and making it to the 10th round, but that is complete and utter bullshit.

and i'm really no fan of floyd either. i just like boxing, man.

Most fighters do go that route and start with 4 rounders to 6 or 8, 10 and then 12 rounders. Why? They need to get their pacing down. Pacing is a skill but it's also one that you learn and perfect from experience. You shouldn't bite on every opening because you risk being baited into a trap that you didn't know you were being setup for. If you believe that the opening is too good to be true then it probably is if you're fighting a slick boxer like Mayweather. I wouldn't say Conor was throwing much heat though. When you look at that fight you see Conor mostly touching Floyd or trying to in order to pick up rounds. He came out fast in the first round immediately to set the tone and try and get respect from Floyd but beyond that he was trying to pace himself over the course of the fight by conserving his (limited) energy.

He thought that he was going to somehow outbox/outpoint Floyd and that was a terrible gameplan.

I don't think he really put a whole lot of thought behind anything. He likely thought he'd go in there, feel with his way through the fight, and then somehow end up victorious. This is someone who swears by that law of attraction horseshit, don't forget.

I don't think he really put a whole lot of thought behind anything. He likely thought he'd go in there, feel with his way through the fight, and then somehow end up victorious. This is someone who swears by that law of attraction horseshit, don't forget.

I forgot about Conor's strong belief in that. There was a marathon on the History channel last night. That dude with the funky hair was on. Every time a theory was entertained the narrator would start by stating "ancient astronaut theorists believe so". They'd cut to him and some other quacks to try and elaborate on the bs.

Last edited:
Floyd couldlnt run roughshod through the 147lb division at this point..

He didn't look as agile vs Connor

I'd laugh so hard if Conor got stopped in 9 rounds or less by a 38 year old Malignaggi.

It's one thing if Pacquiao or Hatton have boxing math over him but Malignaggi, lol.

Not that unlikely IMO.

Back