Floyd could come back now and beat anyone 147 or under

Manassamaulerx

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Thurman, Spence, Crawford, all exciting skilled fighters. Can't wait to see these three mix it up, to me Thurman and Spence is a toss up and Crawford is maybe the most skilled but to me he looks like a smaller guy in the ring so I am skeptical of the disparity of power. As good as these guys are Floyd could come back and win right now. And yes that statement won't hold true for much longer but the fact he had dominated for decades in a fighting discipline is unmatched in our generation.

What's his secret? He tells us. Hard work and dedication. Doesn't party. Always trains.

If longevity is factored in I haven't seen a better fighter. Roy at his best you could argue was better lb for lb, Manny had a few years you could argue, but man Floyd is that dude.

No way on fucking earth does a 3 years retired Mayweather run through the 147 pound division.

That is utter nonsense.

In his prime he was better than everyone in the division easily.

Right now he's old as hell and lost a bunch of steps and a bunch of stamina which is why he retired in the first place. He knows for a fact there are 50 and 100 million dollar fights out there and he won't take them because he's not an idiot. He said it himself after he whomped Connor that he is not the same fighter he was 10 years ago or even just 2 years ago. He came back because Connor was a joke fight for ridiculous money. That's it. He knows he's done. We all know he's done. No one stays on top forever in any sport. Choosing not to accept that is why almost no one retires undefeated and why so many fans are delusional.

he looked like garbage vs conor, even in kicking his ass.

let that sink in. he did not look good against a guy making his debut. he would get stopped inside 6 rounds vs any top guy right now.

but that's how pro boxing works, 50 fights into his career, at 40 years old, it's physically impossible for him to be on par with the new guys. in his prime, he puts a clinic on all of them. but he is far removed from his prime now.

I'd favour someone even like Porter, just because of his physicality, to beat a 40 year old retired Mayweather right now

Floyd could beat Anthony Joshua with one arm tied behind his back.

Floyd didn't look very mobile against Conor and a huge chunk of his defense was just covering up

I would say Floyd could beat some of the slower guys like danny for sure but spence Crawford would be to much.

50 /50 vs thurman

lol he did that on purpose
If you're trying to say he was rope-a-doping Conor, it's actually more tiring physically and mentally to miss punches rather than land ineffective punches.

If he did it on purpose then he wasn't worried about being efficient

If you're trying to say he was rope-a-doping Conor, it's actually more tiring physically and mentally to miss punches rather than land ineffective punches.

If he did it on purpose then he wasn't worried about being efficient

Its not hard to tell that Floyds plan was to walk him down. He had no intention of doing anything right. Did you think Floyd forgot footwork?

Its not hard to tell that Floyds plan was to walk him down. He had no intention of doing anything right. Did you think Floyd forgot footwork?
No but I wouldn't be surprised if a 40 year old that has been out of action for 3 years became less mobile

Based on what? Sparring? Beating up tiny WWs or a physically deteriorated Brook?

I get that shitting on Spence is your thing and that's fine but it is totally irrelevant in this conversation. Any top ten 147 pounder has a shot at Floyd right now. The top 5 guys should probably be favored against him. He is 3 years out of the sport and always fought in a style that typically does not age well once someone steps away. He looked like clubber lang in the last half of the Connor fight and it worked beautifully but all the guys mentioned would have fucked him straight out of the ring if he did that to them. He's done. It's over.

Thurman, Spence, Crawford, all exciting skilled fighters. Can't wait to see these three mix it up, to me Thurman and Spence is a toss up and Crawford is maybe the most skilled but to me he looks like a smaller guy in the ring so I am skeptical of the disparity of power. As good as these guys are Floyd could come back and win right now. And yes that statement won't hold true for much longer but the fact he had dominated for decades in a fighting discipline is unmatched in our generation.

What's his secret? He tells us. Hard work and dedication. Doesn't party. Always trains.

If longevity is factored in I haven't seen a better fighter. Roy at his best you could argue was better lb for lb, Manny had a few years you could argue, but man Floyd is that dude.

Father Time is Undefeated
172217_full.jpg

This is what happens to Floyd against the top dogs at 147, He's to old his run is over.

If the Malignaggi vs McGregor bout gets made it will put Floyd's performance against McGregor in perspective IMO.

Hell even if the sparring footage gets released people might realise how dog shit he looked.

Look at how sharp and fluid Mayweather looked against Marquez after a two year layoff in comparison to how stiff and rigid he looked on the heavy bag two months ago. He is done at a world class level. I'd honestly favour someone like Jeff Horn to physically bully him at this point, let alone a Shawn Porter.

Back