Floyd carrying the weight

ValeTudoShogun

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Did Floyd carry Conor for a few rounds in an effort to give us our monies worth and avoid public backlash of this event being a sham? He didnt throw any punches in the first 4 rounds...

Was this him trying to make up dor the Pac blunder and the like. See guys, I can bite down and be a brawler, take punches and win in an exciting fashion. But againat an unranked fighter. Good thing Floyd walked away when he did 2 years ago, he had the timing right. With his passion for money he surely would have hung arouns longer if he could have. He knew he was done after Berto.

Did Floyd carry Conor for a few rounds in an effort to give us our monies worth and avoid public backlash of this event being a sham? He didnt throw any punches in the first 4 rounds...

Was this him trying to make up dor the Pac blunder and the like. See guys, I can bite down and be a brawler, take punches and win in an exciting fashion. But againat an unranked fighter. Good thing Floyd walked away when he did 2 years ago, he had the timing right. With his passion for money he surely would have hung arouns longer if he could have. He knew he was done after Berto.
No, somebody said do you want to make a ton of cash fighting someone who has no chance against you?

You jelly?

No, somebody said do you want to make a ton of cash fighting someone who has no chance against you?

You jelly?

Ok, that relates to my post how? Did Floyd carey Conor? No, someone asked asked him if he wanted to make money. Oh ok. That clarifies things.

Ok, that relates to my post how? Did Floyd carey Conor? No, someone asked asked him if he wanted to make money. Oh ok. That clarifies things.
Try and understand, Floyd was winning that fight whenever he felt like winning it. Conor couldn't land shit, Floyd wasn't trying to cut the ring off, Floyd barely threw a punch at the start of the fight and still made Conor look like a novice. Don't be a douche.

The first few rounds looked like he basically let Conor do what he wants to drag the fight on.

I think it was a dual strategy: 1. To wear Conor down. 2. To make the fight seem competitive.

He's pretty much admitted to both in the post-fight interview, when he said that Conor would have no energy after 25 minutes, and that he wanted to give a better fight to the fans following the Pacquiao fight.

Try and understand, Floyd was winning that fight whenever he felt like winning it. Conor couldn't land shit, Floyd wasn't trying to cut the ring off, Floyd barely threw a punch at the start of the fight and still made Conor look like a novice. Don't be a douche.
He didnt make Conor look like a novice initially and that is my point. He could have finished him whenever, chose to entertain. Why not just answer without being a prick?

He didnt make Conor look like a novice initially and that is my point. He could have finished him whenever, chose to entertain. Why not just answer without being a prick?
Mainly because I wasn't being a prick. I don't know what other explanation you want. Floyd has never been a front runner and he stopped the dude when he decided he was bored. There is literally nothing else to the story.

Mainly because I wasn't being a prick. I don't know what other explanation you want. Floyd has never been a front runner and he stopped the dude when he decided he was bored. There is literally nothing else to the story.
If it was so obvious to me I would not have asked for the forums thoughts about it. You're not adding to the discussion with your snide remarks. If you think this topic is beneath you thats cool, dont waste our time.

If it was so obvious to me I would not have asked for the forums thoughts about it. You're not adding to the discussion with your snide remarks. If you think this topic is beneath you thats cool, dont waste our time.
You asked the question and I responded to it. If you disagree with me then fine, but don't tell me I'm wasting your time, that I'm making snide remarks and I think the topic is beneath me.

I maintain the rationale in my original post, if you disagree go ahead, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep if you have a different opinion.

Back