Floyd admits: I'm not the same fighter I was 20 years or even 5 years ago. I'm just an old legend

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sounds shook, maybe his body isn't responding like it used to be in this camp.

"I know I'm not the same fighter I was 20 years ago, I'm not the same fighter I was 10 years ago... As a matter of fact, I'm not the same fighter I was 5 years ago,I'm just an old legend putting in work. "

Maybe he's trolling

Anyway there's a 28 year old young savage coming to take his head clean off

c02d05d8d43ec5ff430f30bb25faac9b.jpg

Video stops loading after few sec for me :/

But, if he said that.....
giphy.gif

A past his prime Mayweather is still more than good enough to beat an amateur level boxer.

A 40-year-old fighter isn't the same as he was 5 years ago? No shit, I'm 28 years old and even my body is not what it used to be 5 years ago. It's only surprising to you if you're a child or a retard.

That said, a 70-year-old Mayweather would still take Conor to school.

A 40-year-old fighter isn't the same as he was 5 years ago? No shit, I'm 28 years old and even my body is not what it used to be 5 years ago. It's only surprising to you if you're a child or a retard.

Lol keep thinking that.

I for one think Conor stands no chance because 40 isn't even that old for boxing standards. 70 though, you got to be crazy.

Lol keep thinking that.

I for one think Conor stands no chance because 40 isn't even that old for boxing standards. 70 though, you got to be crazy.
You obviously haven't met any old retired boxers in your life. Sure, they can't run and they can't jump but they can still knock out any punk with one punch.

You must have been terrible at taking care of your body

Sounds shook, maybe his body isn't responding like it used to be in this camp.

"I know I'm not the same fighter I was 20 years ago, I'm not the same fighter I was 10 years ago... As a matter of fact, I'm not the same fighter I was 5 years ago,I'm just an old legend putting in work. "

Maybe he's trolling

Anyway there's a 28 year old young savage coming to take his head clean off

c02d05d8d43ec5ff430f30bb25faac9b.jpg

All it does is reiterates how fucking retarded this matchup is and how much of a fraud the buildup of how it's somehow a clash of titans or the greatest fight ever made.

How dare he have an honest perspective on his age.

Someone post old man boxer knocking the shit outta the young guy video

Floyd and the promoters have the dubious task of trying to sell this epic mismatch as a legit contest, so expect him to bring up his age a lot.

Floyd isn't the same. It's been pretty clear in his last few outings, even before retireing. With that said, he is still incredible and the superior boxer. All the stars has to align to give McGregor a small chance of hurting him.

Smart cat is trying to change the betting lines so he can bet on himself.

Floyd and the promoters have the dubious task of trying to sell this epic mismatch as a legit contest, so expect him to bring up his age a lot.

This shit will stop after the first press conference where Conor annihilates him.

I'm 28 and I would beat the shit out of myself from 5 years ago..

Sounds like.hes hyping the fight to garner more interest to show as if conor has a chance because the world knows this is.a.mismatch

giphy.gif

and all the retarded Conor fans are taking it and will bet money on it.....You people are such idiots.

Floyd is the only guy who says "This guy can totally beat me", you know why he does it? To give you idiots hope and so you people will buy the PPV.

You obviously haven't met any old retired boxers in your life. Sure, they can't run and they can't jump but they can still knock out any punk with one punch.
Yeah they can knock out some bum or someone who has no combat experience but to say he would knock out a professional athlete trained in combat who's 28 years old is a joke. I also love it when people go around saying you must not have met blah blah blah you probably never trained before and all this other nonsense. It's clear as day who's the one who hasn't trained because if you did you could only imagine how being 70 would feel compared to 40.

You must have been terrible at taking care of your body
Most men are in their physical primes at 33-35.
I'm 28 and I would beat the shit out of myself from 5 years ago..
- Irrelevant.
- Scientifically incorrect.
- Irrelevant.

PHYSICAL prime is 25. Technical prime is mid to late 30's. Real prime is somewhere in the middle. From 18-25, you don't even have to take care of your body, it takes care of itself. Passed 25 years old, your body starts to deteriorate. You run slower, jump less high and don't recover as fast. An increase in technique can compensate for an decrease in physical capabilities, especially if the person starts to train late in his life, and gives the illusion that your ceiling hasn't dropped but, in reality, a 35-year-old person with a certain amount of training would never outperform his 25-year-old self with the exact same amount of training.

Back