Flibula is sore and swollen from checked kick

Bzerkfury

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
so as the title says my Fibula near my ankle is sore and has been for the past week. the thing is that there's no pain when I walk or lift weights (I even trained legs just not as hard) just when I put pressure there (massage it) or kick the bag. I just want to get some advice if anyone has dealt with anything similar I don't know if its a fracture because it doesn't feel like it or just a really bad bruise. its still a little bit swollen.

I kicked an instructor (a stocky 250+ lbs man) full power once when I was in highschool, he checked it with his gigantic mutant boars hock of a leg and my shin felt like it almost snapped and had a swollen dark bruise the size of a lemon on it in a couple minutes. I didn't cry or anything but the pain was so unreal I went dizzy for a while (with a stupid politician's smile on my face)

He told me to me put some tiger balm on it and that must have been a good idea because it felt better nearly immediately. Was completely fine in 1 week from what I remember, maybe 2. But it didn't hurt to stand or anything on after just a day. I'm pretty sure there was some bone bruising, it was knarly looking-- shin on shin and I felt it bend around his.

Why are you checking with your fibula?

We're not doctors but rest it and you'll almost certainly be fine in a few weeks.

I recently whacked my shin off the bottom of some metal railings. The swelling lasted for almost 4 weeks before it subsided. Sounds like you have a bone bruise which can take quite a while to go down.

Back