Flavored dead crickets at the gas station

jimmy-fallon-eating-cricket-1.gif

I've heard they're actually pretty good. Never tried them myself, but I would.

But you gotta make sure they're dead. If you get a live one and swallow it, it could eat it's way through your gut. For real.

I'm all for eating bugs. My dad and I used to grill grasshoppers on the grill. I remember seeing the Laotions combing through the fields with nets to collect them for food a few years later. My personal favorite bug was harvester ants, they have a great taste, texture, and the formic gives them a unique kick almost like a spice. Mealworms are surprisingly good too, with a bit more meat to them minus the acid.

That said, the crickets in the OP are disgusting. My sister got me some a few years back. They're basically salt in the shape of a cricket husk. It's just a novelty product that's price is waaay marked up. Crickets are supposed to be really healthy to eat, these things are garbage though.

But you gotta make sure they're dead. If you get a live one and swallow it, it could eat it's way through your gut. For real.
You gotta make sure they're eaten if you feed them to bearded dragons, if some sneak under something, they'll come out at night and eat the poor dragon's eyelids off. They also won't hesitate to cannibalize eachother. They're surprisingly cute though, like little Pixar characters, that eat eachother.

I'm all for eating bugs. My dad and I used to grill grasshoppers on the grill. I remember seeing the Laotions combing through the fields with nets to collect them for food a few years later. My personal favorite bug was harvester ants, they have a great taste, texture, and the formic gives them a unique kick almost like a spice. Mealworms are surprisingly good too, with a bit more meat to them minus the acid.

That said, the crickets in the OP are disgusting. My sister got me some a few years back. They're basically salt in the shape of a cricket husk. It's just a novelty product that's price is waaay marked up. Crickets are supposed to be really healthy to eat, these things are garbage though.

Giant seabugs are a delicacy but small bugs are disgusting to people for some reason. I can't wait to try fried scorpion and coconut worms when I go to Vietnam

You gotta make sure they're eaten if you feed them to bearded dragons, if some sneak under something, they'll come out at night and eat the poor dragon's eyelids off. They also won't hesitate to cannibalize eachother. They're surprisingly cute though, like little Pixar characters, that eat eachother.

Fucking Crickets do this?

You’re saying that a grasshopper could live long enough to gnaw through the flesh of your digestive system while immersed in stomach acid?

You’re saying that a grasshopper could live long enough to gnaw through the flesh of your digestive system while immersed in stomach acid?

Yeah I used to have a leopard gecko and we were told to make sure the crickets were dead before they swallow them.

Also Rogan did an interview about the most dangerous stunt they did on fear factor, and surprisingly it was people eating crickets, because of the same reason.

Giant seabugs are a delicacy but small bugs are disgusting to people for some reason. I can't wait to try fried scorpion and coconut worms when I go to Vietnam
Exactly! Not to mention escargot, oysters, octopuses, and squid. If anything I'm more cautious of meat than I am bugs. It would be awesome to try some shit like that without worrying about pesticides. Give me a fried scorpion any day over a fertilized duck egg. Those bizarre food shows make me hungry now when I see this stuff come up lol.

Yeah I used to have a leopard gecko and we were told to make sure the crickets were dead before they swallow them.

Also Rogan did an interview about the most dangerous stunt they did on fear factor, and surprisingly it was people eating crickets, because of the same reason.
No fucking way, really?! You can't do that with bearded dragons, they won't eat dead ones. Plus dead crickets harden up and will cut them up when they swallow them. I can't imagine them actually hurting people, our stomachs are way thicker than a lizard's eyelids and I'd imagine they don't last long in there.

I ate a bug in Bangkok. It tasted like a bug.

Sherdog is where I learn Crickets are way more dangerous than I thought.

Enough people have told me they are good, so I'm pretty sure they aren't bad, I would try them.

I ate crickets at a mezcaleria in Mexico City a couple of years ago. They were served in queso. We just scooped them up with chips like you normally do with queso. They're earthy, basically what you think a cricket would taste like. It wasn't a huge deal, but truth be told, I strongly prefer my queso without crickets.

If humans started to eat insects as their main diet, there would be no starvation in the world.

Back