Flash_Monsta's Journey: Powerlifting & Aesthetics

Way to go bud.
Take no offense to what I asked in the Pub, just being facetious (for the lack of a better term).

Every single PL event I see on FB has people breaking records left right and centre... Its getting a little out of hand, I think.

70 lifters is a beast of a meet, fair play to getting through it and not crashing.

9/9 in your first meet with a PR is the best first meet you get hope for, well done mate. Good work.

70 lifters is a beast of a meet, fair play to getting through it and not crashing.

9/9 in your first meet with a PR is the best first meet you get hope for, well done mate. Good work.

I agree, 70 lifters is boss as hell.
testament. He also competes in a deep weight category.

Also the good thing about the BDFPA is it's a drug tested, strictly judged meet that uses a stiff bar for all the lifts, but it has proper weight classes unlike the IPF and it's affiliates.

IPF men's weight classes:
59kg, 66kg, 74kg, 83kg, 93kg, 105kg, 120kg, 120kg+

Every other fed:
52kg, 56kg, 60kg, 67.5kg, 75kg, 82.5kg, 90kg, 100kg, 110kg, 125kg, 140kg, 140kg+

They used to use the other weight classes but it pretty much invalidated all the old records when they changed. The biggest change is not having a 140kg weight class for people who are 308lb - it means if you can't make 120kg/265lbs on 2hrs weigh in then you go up against the 350-400 pound guys.

I think it was basically to make them "different" and introduce bigger jumps in weight classes. Walk around at 55kg? Tough shit, you compete against people who weigh 63kg and do a 2 hour cut now. Weigh 98kg? Tough shit, you compete against guys who weigh 110kg now.

Congrats Flash, that's a great first meet. 9/9, PR, and a good total!

I thought you cut down to ~80kg about five minutes ago? Sounds like the wife was pleased with that deadlift too. Great job.

Thanks all!

@SexyMahnaz yeah in September i weighed 80kg for a day, but i was depleted for a 'physique competition' i was 83kg a few days later.. I weighed about 86kg Sunday morning but weighed in at 87.2kg because i wore all my clothes. My diet has been very relaxed since september I've put on a bit of unnecessary body fat.

Ah well, im off to Madeira for a week! Catch you all laterz

I still think you just uploaded videos of your warm-ups, but good job nontheless.

Enjoy your vacation, those 3rd attempts looked easy as fuck, you really looked like a taller sumo pulling Brett Gibbs out there.

I still think you just uploaded videos of your warm-ups, but good job nontheless.

Thatnks. The weights felt heavier than the videos looked. I can post the other lifts but they really look like warm ups. #notbragging

Enjoy your vacation, those 3rd attempts looked easy as fuck, you really looked like a taller sumo pulling Brett Gibbs out there.

All the gear, no idea.

Beard - check
Singlet - check
Deadlift ritual - check
Chucks - check

Was considering pulling without a T-shirt but i though... Naaahh. Not 100% sure why guys take off their T-shirt to deadlift? I don't train topless so why take it off at a meet? Unless they know something i don't..

Awesome first meet. Still looking for my first 9/9 going into my 3rd.

Strong performance all around!

Ruddy good job in the meet, mate! Any plans to do another one in the future? And how surreal did it feel to you during the meet? When I had mine it was only afterwards I was like "Ah.. I did it."

Ruddy good job in the meet, mate! Any plans to do another one in the future? And how surreal did it feel to you during the meet? When I had mine it was only afterwards I was like "Ah.. I did it."
I'm quoting this post purely because of use of the word "ruddy". Good job Kid, brought a smile to my face.

First week back in training and I've been having a lot of issues with my left hip flexor. I felt it pull a little during the Meet but obviously adrenaline kept me pain free. I remember going up to my misses after my squat warm ups and telling her that I think I hurt my hip.
2 weeks of no training after the meet has left it very tight and painful.

Anyways, the reason i haven't been posting or commenting much is because I don't have access to a computer in work anymore. I did 95% of all my posting in work, so now i cant do that I've got a little off track with checking up on this place. I could always log when i get home or on my phone but whenever im home there's always something else i could be doing.
I've got all my numbers and lifts jotted down for this week, so ill try get them all up soon.
If ya happen to care.

Stay strong broheimbergsteinmanstone Jr. esq. III

I've been off for about a week. I hope to get in today. Going to be focused on hypertrophy for the next few weeks/months. I will post pics, too, I think. LOL

Back