Movies THE FLASH (Final Trailer, post #907; First Reactions, post #866)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: January 25, 2017

Warner Bros. Taps Joby Harold to Do Page-One Rewrite on THE FLASH Script

H3NBVsp.png

While The Flash waits to find its new director, Warner Bros. has tapped Joby Harold to do a page-one rewrite to the script, sources tell Variety.

[Page one rewrite - When a script's central premise or characters are good but the script is otherwise unusable, a different writer or team of writers is contracted to do an entirely new draft.]

The pic has been on hold since losing director Rick Famuyiwa and while it waits to find his replacement, the studio has decided to take script in different direction.

Executives have been taking their time in finding his replacement. With Ezra Miller, who will play the speedy superhero, getting ready to shoot Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2, they decided work on a new script in the meantime.

Famuyiwa had written the latest draft. Sources say the original reason for his departure had to do with executives disagreeing with where he had taken the script. Seth Grahame-Smith had also written a previous draft.

Kiersey Clemons is attached to play Iris West, and Billy Crudup will play Miller’s father.

Harold has past ties to the studio, having most recently written King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. Other projects in development include a new Robin Hood movie for Warner Bros., as well as a Twilight Zone film for the studio.

Warner Bros. Taps Joby Harold to Do Page-One Rewrite of ‘The Flash’ Script (Exclusive)

I'm a little shocked that WB cares enough to pay for a total re-write.

I love the TV show and think the cast is great. So in the movie they went with Ezra Miller so it's a gay Flash?

Yikes. At this point it'll be a miracle if this is even a fair-to-middling film.

WB and script rewrites. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Man of steel was good
I liked it, too, just for the fact that Superman finally moved like Superman.

I don't understand how the WB cartoons can be so good while the films are lackluster.

Jesus, what the fuck is going on with DC? They have all these great characters and should be crushing it with their movies. I went from expecting Justice League and the other solo outings to be outstanding to now wondering if they'll even be mediocre. Hope they right the ship soon.

Ezra Miller refuses to sign fan's Marvel comic.

Wait, is this really forbidden? How come RR can star in Blade (Marvel), then in Wolverine origins (Marvel), then as GL (DC), then in Deadpool (Marvel)? And Ezra cannot sign a Marvel comic?

Are the contracts really that specific? I mean, it's not like he's attending the premiere of a major Marvel movie that premieres at the same exact day as justice league movie.

Wait, is this really forbidden? How come RR can star in Blade (Marvel), then in Wolverine origins (Marvel), then as GL (DC), then in Deadpool (Marvel)? And Ezra cannot sign a Marvel comic?

Are the contracts really that specific? I mean, it's not like he's attending the premiere of a major Marvel movie that premieres at the same exact day as justice league movie.
New Line, Fox, DC, Fox

I used to feel sorry for DC. BvS was a disappointment, but didn't deserve all the hate it got.

But using an entirely different cast for the Flash movie when the cast of the series has been killing it season after season? Fuck you, DC. Enjoy watching Marvel pull even further ahead of you in live action movies.:rolleyes:

With that team of bad-guys, it is going to HAVE to be campy. The transition from Ns Batman to campy is going to be a painful one.

Just Googled the Seth Grahame-Smith guy that they sacked first.

Due to be working on Beetlejuice 2 and the Gremlins sequel.....

giphy.gif

The hell is going in with Hollywood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back