Media Fiziev says that Gaethje ran from him for two rounds and only won the third round because of an eyepoke

Well he's wrong about the running part, Gaethje stayed in his face for most of the bout without taking many steps back.
However I do agree that the eyepoke had an impact on Fiziev in the second round, up until that he was slightly ahead and after the poke things started to go in Gaethje's favor. Still tho, by the start of round three he should've known how close to fight was and would've recovered enough from the poke to make adjustments, at the end of the day the loss is still on him.

Gaethje overall does have quite a few eyepokes in his UFC run, I know they're accidental but it is something worth noting I guess.

Gaethje was more evasive than usual and didn't hang out in the pocket as much as usual, but I don't think he was running necessarily. Either way. Close fight was close. Had it Fiziev, but I'm biased against Gaethje's rank squatting.
This is how I saw it. I expected them to meet in the middle and throw down. Kicks, hooks, knees, the whole shebang. Instead Gaethje fought really smart and controlled the range like I never thought him to be capable of. He voided like a hundred body kicks from Fiziev!

<30>

I’d like to see them fight again some day, but I’m not sure if the stars line up again

Fiziev is a closet pipsqueak, I've never seen a man throw so hard, so fast, make so much noise, and do so little damage

I'd be totally fine with seeing Fiz get fucked up again in a rematch 🤷‍♂️

some say he lost becuase of those god awful braids

Fiziev is a closet pipsqueak, I've never seen a man throw so hard, so fast, make so much noise, and do so little damage
He was hitting g probably the greatest chin or neatly greatest ever chin in MMA..

The 2nd was close but I gave it to Justin because I watched the fight 2x and not only some highlights. Its more than evident how Justin takes over the fight right from the start of the 2nd and that its his round. The third is not on any debate.

Fiziev is really not doing himself any favor with that kind of BS.

Back