Fixed fights in MMA (video)

Lol. Those are reasons not to risk illegally fixing fights for modest if any gain. Again it's the one thing that could destroy the whole thing.
You realize that the WWF and WCW were never considered fake, or known as fake, until the 1980's. It came about because of the Maryland State Athletic Commission required steroid testing on all fighters. That's when Vince spilled the beans. Fixed sporting events happen from time to time, but it's semi rare. There will never be definitive prof, unless someone comes out and speaks... Like Wanderlei Silva was going to do, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. If boxing did it, MMA can do it.

Last edited:
You realize that the WWF and WCW were never considered fake, or known as fake, until the 1980's. It came about because of the Maryland State Athletic Commission required steroid testing on all fighters. That's when Vince spilled the beans. Fixed sporting events happen from time to time, but it's semi rare. There will never be definitive prof, unless someone comes out and speaks... Like Wanderlei Silva was going to do, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. If boxing has done it, MMA can do it also.
Your history is false. They were of course known as fixed matches in wrestling.

Your history is false. They were of course known as fixed matches in wrestling.
No it's not... & I think you are missing the point. It was classified as a sport before this, whether or not it was known, is irrelevant to the point that I made. It stopped being a sport, and became entertainment. That is a very important distinction, because a sport operates under the assumption that the outcome isn't known, and it's fair competition. The point is, it discredits the idea that no organization would risk their reputation on a fixed event. If you look back throughout history, whether it is boxing, the Olympics, basketball, auto racing, or anything. Outcomes have been engineered or advantages given. It's short sited to think that this one sport is somehow immune to it, or wouldn't risk it's reputation on manipulating outcomes.

Yes

Certain fights are fixed
You're an idiot if you think everything is legit
Don't mean fighters going through thw script backstage

But you really think gsp would have lost a decision to Hendricks
Or herb would have not jumped in if it was holms that fell like ronda

I'm right about everything

Even in a court of civil law, absolute proof is not needed. I based my assumption on the Preponderance of Evidence. Go look that up, after you get down off your High Horse. There has never been a two person sport that hasn't had it's share of fixing. I also gave enough reason on how it would be done, in standing only fights. This is why so many wrestlers and solid BJJ guys are on the outside looking in. IE Khabib, and Mia. There are countless title fights that never go to the ground, and if that is not reason enough for a discussion about fixed fights, then I don't know what more that needs to be offered to you. I have never understood how a topic could never be discussed, because its extreme implications . Why? Do you think Dana, or any fighter in the UFC would be offended by what some dumb dumb such as myself, has to say on Sherdog?
U Noobish donkey, title fights doesn't go to the ground because wrestlers afraid of the TDD and trying to stay away from it because their gas tank can't last 5 rounds...

Look at Faber vs Barao, Faber never went for TD. And u are telling me UFC is fixing Barao over Faber? LOL!!!!!!! So dumb

There have been a few and there has also been some very corrupt judging.
I don't think the UFC was behind the ones that people were fixed.

Haha yea the judging on some fights is wow, a lot comes into that like the money put on the fight.

I remember one judge in mayweather/Canelo scored it a draw, that cost people massive money as they back a Unam win for mayweather.

They went back through her history and she had like 10+ other shady decisions.

Fights like Sanchez vs kampmann... no one will ever be able to make the argument that Sanchez won that fight.

No it's not... & I think you are missing the point. It was classified as a sport before this, whether or not it was known, is irrelevant to the point that I made. It stopped being a sport, and became entertainment. That is a very important distinction, because a sport operates under the assumption that the outcome isn't known, and it's fair competition. The point is, it discredits the idea that no organization would risk their reputation on a fixed event. If you look back throughout history, whether it is boxing, the Olympics, basketball, auto racing, or anything. Outcomes have been engineered or advantages given. It's short sited to think that this one sport is somehow immune to it, or wouldn't risk it's reputation on manipulating outcomes.

Wrestling didn't risk their reputation by fixing outcomes. That was wrestling. If anyone cared to know they would know.

You're not talking about fixes at a micro level. You're talking about the org fixing outcomes. The org. The entity that runs things. Again the risk / reward is at an absurd level. Mma isn't immune to fight fixing. But the idea that it comes from the UFC doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I don't remember the lutter/eastman fight. What was shady about it?

Hominick/edwards was arguably fixed too considering the method of victory, everything leading up to the sub, and the alleged group of people that reportedly bet about 300k on +680 hominick minutes before the fight started.
The punch that dropped Eastman out cold was not a hard punch...but ive heard since he had been koed twice in the training for the fight,and well,that seems like a good enough explanation to me. Eastman lost almost all of his ufc fights,and no one even cared about either of them going into this one,so it just doesnt make a lick of sense. Esp since the ko i dont even think happened in the first round. MMA aint like boxing...how can you fake a fight for that long. its stupid.

Yet, none of you care that the Fertitta's are part of one of the oldest Italian crime families in America. Or point to it as a sign of shadiness and fixes.

The fact is, there were very few fixes in PRIDE and nearly none when it came to their real MMA fighters. You still can't point to a single meaningful PRIDE fight or to any of the fights that involved the fighters I've talked about and say they were fixed. Because they weren't. Fedor, Wandi, Rampage, Shogun, the Nogs, Cro Cop, Sakuraba, Hendo, and the list goes on, did not benefit from fixed fights. They won because they were great fighters. Not due to PRIDE "fixes".

Nothing has ever come out about any wrongdoing involving the Fertitta's and the supposed mob connection.
I'm not saying the mafia connection isn't there, but that doesn't really mean anything.
Yet it's been proven that the Yakuza had quite a big influence in PRIDE, whether that involved the outcome of fights nobody can say for sure.

You seem to have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about people's attitudes towards PRIDE for some reason.
I loved PRIDE, I own every show on DVD, I've got nothing bad to say about it, it was hugely enjoyable when it was around.

Always thought it was odd how mendes 'gassed' after a round on top doing nothing, let him up and then put his hands down and waited to get hit on the jaw. I was pretty surprised with Eddie's performance as well. I guess when you're that good, all your fights look fixed. Right?

Nothing has ever come out about any wrongdoing involving the Fertitta's and the supposed mob connection.
I'm not saying the mafia connection isn't there, but that doesn't really mean anything.
Yet it's been proven that the Yakuza had quite a big influence in PRIDE, whether that involved the outcome of fights nobody can say for sure.

You seem to have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about people's attitudes towards PRIDE for some reason.
I loved PRIDE, I own every show on DVD, I've got nothing bad to say about it, it was hugely enjoyable when it was around.
My problems with people's attitude toward PRIDE is that they use the idea that a very small, miniscule, amount of fights were fixed to help a few Japanese pro-wrestler in meaningless fights to not only deminish, but completely discredit the accomplishments of some of the greatest mixed martial artists to ever fight. They also, like you, try to act like the UFC is this squeaky clean org where nothing shady could ever happen. Even though, you could point to multiple things, that are not only eyebrow raising, but actually mirror the objections to PRIDE.

Why is there no UFC fights in the video?. Here are some fixed UFC fights that were works...
Anthony Macias vs Oleg Taktarov - UFC 6
Don Frye vs Mark Hall - UFC Ultimate Ultimate 96
Travis Lutter vs Martin Eastman - UFC 50

thats some I know of, but there are probably more..

There is a MMA fighter Tony Bonello who used to fix a lot of his fights, most of his fights were works...

Listen to SCOTT NEWMAN TS...His MMA knowledge eclipses yours.

My problems with people's attitude toward PRIDE is that they use the idea that a very small, miniscule, amount of fights were fixed to help a few Japanese pro-wrestler in meaningless fights to not only deminish, but completely discredit the accomplishments of some of the greatest mixed martial artists to ever fight. They also, like you, try to act like the UFC is this squeaky clean org where nothing shady could ever happen. Even though, you could point to multiple things, that are not only eyebrow raising, but actually mirror the objections to PRIDE.

I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next man, but there really isn't much weight behind any allegations of match fixing in the UFC.
You can arguably point at one or two of the very early fights but that's it. Certainly nothing anywhere near as obvious and blantant as the Coleman-Takada finish.

That's not shitting on PRIDE, it's simply what happened.

Back