Five Reasons 'Rowdy' Ronda Jean Rousey should have stayed RETIRED

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/five-reasons-ronda-rousey-should-have-stayed-retired/

5-7.jpg

11_1000_615586420253850511479209167.6167-640x336.jpg

Returning at UFC 207, former women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is putting a lot on the line. Against the much larger Amanda Nunes, ‘Rowdy’ faces a ton of interesting challenges, but perhaps the most poignant will be the battle going on in her own mind. We haven’t seen Rousey compete in the UFC octagon since November of last year, one year ago almost to the day.

/

Blasting Rousey with her crisp striking, evading the confused champ’s attacks and grappling attempts, Holm finally put her foe down in the second frame. With her belt yanked away and her invincible aura shattered, Rousey went in to a dark place, and wouldn’t emerge for some time.

15057985_10154723417794810_1084793282_n.jpg

Nunes vs. Rousey

Now set for a historic chance to become the first two-time women’s bantamweight champion, Rousey returns to a high pressure, high risk and potentially high reward scenario.

/

Ronda-Rousey-vs-Holly-Holm.jpg

Health

There’s absolutely no denying the impact of Holly Holm’s shin on Ronda Rousey’s brain, and not just on the night of UFC 193. A knockout that brutal, heavy and concussive takes months, sometimes longer to get over. This isn’t to say ‘Rowdy’ has not had enough time, but simply that going back to the arena of combat could lead to further complications, should she receive another KO blow.

Also, it wasn’t just one single strike, Holm’s win was a culmination of precise and painful punches throughout their bout. Coming back against another dangerous striker in Nunes could prove to be ill-advised.

ronda-rousey-miesha-tate.jpg

Legacy Risk

Although this may not be the most pertinent point on the list, it’s still well worth debating. Ronda Rousey’s career as champion was like few others–she literally creamed the division for years, and set tons of records that will stay in play for a long time, some probably forever. Why risk her already legendary legacy for what could well be her last fight, regardless of the result?

/

rousey_ill_3501318b1.jpg

Absence

‘Cage rust’ is real, especially if you haven’t spent the entire time off training hard and working to get better. This isn’t to bash Rousey, but she went in to her own mind after losing to Holm, even stating she’d considered suicide. Along side the images of her weight gain, understandable and normal as that is, this combination is not congruent with an athlete who has been keeping trim and focused.

/

RoganRousey1.jpg

Bad Times

After seeing how Ronda Rousey reacted to her first pro loss, there should be serious concern about another one. Depression is real, and if Ronda loses again and falls in to that sorrowful pit, who knows if she’ll ever re-emerge from it.

/

Ronda-Rouseyn.jpg

Styles

Styles make fights, and unfortunately for Ronda Rousey, I feel Amanda Nunes has her kryptonite. After seeing how Holly Holm diffused Rousey’s grappling game, it seems obvious that ‘The Lioness’ will emulate those tactics on December 30. I think UFC 207 will show that once a fighter’s puzzle has been solved, it’s very hard to rekindle that unbeatable form.

Nunes is big, strong, a powerful striker and a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. This combination of skills, being a naturally larger fighter, being more active, probably having a mental edge, and the existing troubles in Ronda’s recent past all play a big role.

///

Rousey is so done it's not even funny.

No ok. It's still funny. Lioness is going to catch a body on 30/12.

http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/five-reasons-ronda-rousey-should-have-stayed-retired/

5-7.jpg

Returning at UFC 207, former women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is putting a lot on the line. Against the much larger Amanda Nunes, ‘Rowdy’ faces a ton of interesting challenges, but perhaps the most poignant will be the battle going on in her own mind. We haven’t seen Rousey compete in the UFC octagon since November of last year, one year ago almost to the day.

/

Blasting Rousey with her crisp striking, evading the confused champ’s attacks and grappling attempts, Holm finally put her foe down in the second frame. With her belt yanked away and her invincible aura shattered, Rousey went in to a dark place, and wouldn’t emerge for some time.

Nunes vs. Rousey

Now set for a historic chance to become the first two-time women’s bantamweight champion, Rousey returns to a high pressure, high risk and potentially high reward scenario.

/

Health

There’s absolutely no denying the impact of Holly Holm’s shin on Ronda Rousey’s brain, and not just on the night of UFC 193. A knockout that brutal, heavy and concussive takes months, sometimes longer to get over. This isn’t to say ‘Rowdy’ has not had enough time, but simply that going back to the arena of combat could lead to further complications, should she receive another KO blow.

Also, it wasn’t just one single strike, Holm’s win was a culmination of precise and painful punches throughout their bout. Coming back against another dangerous striker in Nunes could prove to be ill-advised.

Legacy Risk

Although this may not be the most pertinent point on the list, it’s still well worth debating. Ronda Rousey’s career as champion was like few others–she literally creamed the division for years, and set tons of records that will stay in play for a long time, some probably forever. Why risk her already legendary legacy for what could well be her last fight, regardless of the result?

/

rousey_ill_3501318b1.jpg

Absence

‘Cage rust’ is real, especially if you haven’t spent the entire time off training hard and working to get better. This isn’t to bash Rousey, but she went in to her own mind after losing to Holm, even stating she’d considered suicide. Along side the images of her weight gain, understandable and normal as that is, this combination is not congruent with an athlete who has been keeping trim and focused.

/

RoganRousey1.jpg

Bad Times

After seeing how Ronda Rousey reacted to her first pro loss, there should be serious concern about another one. Depression is real, and if Ronda loses again and falls in to that sorrowful pit, who knows if she’ll ever re-emerge from it.

/

Ronda-Rouseyn.jpg

Styles

Styles make fights, and unfortunately for Ronda Rousey, I feel Amanda Nunes has her kryptonite. After seeing how Holly Holm diffused Rousey’s grappling game, it seems obvious that ‘The Lioness’ will emulate those tactics on December 30. I think UFC 207 will show that once a fighter’s puzzle has been solved, it’s very hard to rekindle that unbeatable form.

Nunes is big, strong, a powerful striker and a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. This combination of skills, being a naturally larger fighter, being more active, probably having a mental edge, and the existing troubles in Ronda’s recent past all play a big role.

///

feeb.gif

Main reason -

She is ugly, and we don't need to see ugly people on TV!

#6:

SO CONCRETEWwHALE WOULD RUN OUT OF RR THREADS

Ronda was constantly crying and had suicide thoughts because she got kicked and punched in her head.

She is not a fighter and Nunes will prove that.

So, she's either a loser for quitting or stupid for returning?

I hope she wins so the rivers of sherdog overflow with salt.

I hope she wins so the rivers of sherdog overflow with salt.
I understand why ppl hate Ronda. I dislike her too, but she isn't politcally correct like others. Love this clip, describes 90% of good looking women today

5-7.jpg

/

Nunes vs. Rousey

/

Health

Legacy Risk

/

rousey_ill_3501318b1.jpg

Absence

/

RoganRousey1.jpg

Bad Times

/

Ronda-Rouseyn.jpg

Styles

///

tldr1.gif

I understand why ppl hate Ronda. I dislike her too, but she isn't politcally correct like others. Love this clip, describes 90% of good looking women today

She has definitely in the past said some good things - she also has a cute laugh and I kind of had a crush on her at one point :)

My only issues with her are:

1. Edmond/ignoring need to evolve
2. Clearly has NPD (I have it too but hate to see it in others)
3. Beat she shit out of her ex
4. In a relationship with a guy accused of hitting his ex

I love her judo throws - she is good for the sport and I hope she wins. I also feel for her with the suicide thing, when you have a MPD like that that is a typical reaction to losing.

If she didn't learn her lesson from the Holm fight, then Nunes will have to give her a refresher. ?1?

I'm excited for her comeback, but seeing stuff like this reminds me of the other reason I enjoy Ms. Rousey. She really brings out the worst in so many terrible posters here, I love reading the tantrums

A good, rational and detailed post about Ronda.

What has Sherdog come to?

Styles make fights, and unfortunately for Ronda Rousey, I feel Amanda Nunes has her kryptonite. After seeing how Holly Holm diffused Rousey’s grappling game, it seems obvious that ‘The Lioness’ will emulate those tactics on December 30.

It "seems obvious"? Why? Nunes has never fought in a style remotely similar to Holm in the past. Why would we think she could simply become Holm, in terms of speed, movement, and footwork? Nunes is certainly dangerous for an early KO, but in the past when that has failed, she's been taken down and dominated by fighters like Sarah D'Alelio, Cat Zingano & Alexis Davis - all of whom are less dangerous with takedowns and submissions than Rousey.

she has 1 loss and is still by far the best in that division

haters gonna hate, get a life

Back