FISA Abuse Memo, prediction thread (update post 120 maybe)

Weren’t they doing oppo research for the Cruz campaign against other repubs initially and that was their involvement. Then after they got out of it, dnc/hilldawg took over funding and hired fusion?

Unless I’m misremembering.
Almost. WFB did hire Fusion but there is no evidence they were involved with the Steele dossier. In fact, they deny involvement.

What separates Trump is ignorance and lies. " 100% accurate in every little detail " that is some serious bullshit, he flat out lies and knows he is lying. Your response is exactly what one would expect from one of the Trump cult, you are generally very uninformed because you get all of your information from Trump TV (Fox). If you were at all serious about the knowing the truth on any topic, you would know he lies constantly and consistently. If he believes his own bullshit, then there is a medical term for that, which means he is not mentally well. His own lawyers think he is incapable of not lying.
Trump’s Lawyers Seem to Think He’s Incapable of Not Lying

So now politicians can't/haven't been ignorant or lie, only Trump, really? Those on the left keep showing that they are too far removed from reality to be in any position to make accurate judgments or have rational discussions on it.

The dangerous fixation with Trump has brought all of these mental derangements they've tried hiding, out to the surface. Because Trump represents those parts of themselves which they hate and keep restrained, throwing it onto their faces everyday. You are unable to relate or understand him because you're in denial of your own human nature, the part which Trump exudes the most: instinct, the processes of the subconscious/unconscious mind. It's the overuse of the conscious mind/intellect that is the root of this insanity on the left, holding up these lofty perceptions of themselves and reality.

The "truth" is not something that needs to be told to you, humans have the capacity to think and determine it for themselves. When you neglect that process, you're more vulnerable to being lead on an emotional/superficial level towards those that fit idealistic and moralistic standards. When it gets to the point where you start sacrificing your own security and life for these abstract concepts, then it's a clear sign you're not grounded in reality anymore. That will never be seen as natural to being human, as it shows the absence of the instinctual mind/survivability/adaptability that we are born with.

You're merely projecting how you would think and do things, so you're not going to be able to understand Trump by that limited frame of view. The greatest leaders in history could hardly be seen as intellectuals/perfectionists; when your head is that far up in the clouds, you can barely tend to your own needs, let alone those of others. The over-thinking/over-intellectualizing gets in the way of making decisions, taking action and getting things done.

The real world functions on common sense and down-to-earth thinking/straight talk, something liberals of today severely lack and fail to understand.

It's troubling to think that the FBI/DOJ might be politicized. There ought to be a rigorous set of internal ethics rules in place governing the types of evidentiary material that FBI/DOJ can even insert into a FISC application. That said, unless there is corruption/bias on the Court itself, I don't think Trump or other presidents could reliably use this method to spy on opponents.

This is the sad thing about Trump and what he’s been able to suggest on people who pride themselves on professionalism, that everyone can leave ethics at the door and will try to gain points to further their professional careers. It’s sad because Trump is projecting is lack of ethics on other people and institutions and with his continued attacks has convinced his followers that everyone is like him. For the record, every person Trump is attacking is a loyal Republican so the politicized argument fails there. You would have to believe in the deep state for this to be true and if that is the case how can you trust Nunes or Gowdy from not also being apart of this deep
State conspiracy.

So the FISC application had a footnote indicating a political origin of the Peegate dossier, but did not specify the nature of that political origin (DNC/Clinton campaign). That really doesn't bother you? We're talking about the power to surveil American citizens here.

That's the new talking point. They first said the court knew it was funded by the DNC, now it was likely politically motivated

Lol

Last edited:
Considering that the Washington Free Beacon first commissioned Fusion GPS for the so called dossier, i'd say a "political origin" is the correct description of the document.

And do you think pointing out that it was completed via DNC funding alters the veracity of the information considering that it seemed to back up already existing FBI information? That was the whole reason the FBI continued to fund Steele.

Basically, the buzzwords aren't compelling. Also, fuck Carter Page and Devin Nunes for good measure.

Did you forget what Comey said about the Dossier in his testimony

I disagree that the dossier is the primary source material. Take me off ignore, pussy. You've been spamming shitty arguments for weeks now. Man up, and actually defend them.

Hey @Fawlty, will you quote this for me? Mr. 80th percentile has me on ignore because he's a chickenshit.

He put you on ignore after you pussed out after making bets. You tend to not go through after you lose bets

Well this is for the crazy right wing extremists who cant lay off Fox TV and Alex Jones.

House - Republican
Senate - Republican
Administration - Republican
Pres Archie Bunker - Republican
Mueller - Republican
Comey - Republican
Rosenstein - Republican
CIA - overwhelmingly Republican
FBI - overwhelmingly Republican

So the Fox followers and extremists want everyone to believe that there is a conspiracy against Republicans when they control every position in Government. Thats a whole new level of crazy. You are eating each other up....stop the crazy already. When Sean Hannity is the Presidents advisor, its time to rethink how crazy things have become. Stop the lies and tribalism!!

Liar in charge - His lawyers are concerned that the president, who has a history of making false statements and contradicting himself, could be charged with lying to investigators.

What is your source that the FBI or CIA are "overwhelmingly Republican?" Your above statements are either false, irrelevant, or both. There is always a Democratic contingent of the upper echelons of the military, federal agencies, and elected officials. The charge is that that contingent perpetuated unverified information in a dossier as verified evidence to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on American citizens. It's also charged with repeatedly leaking information to the press to undermine a duly elected U.S. President.

Oh, dear God! Not breakfast!!!

giphy.gif

Maybe, but there's no evidence for that. So far, the best information we have is that the DNC and the Hillary Clinton Campaign funded the Steele dossier. No reports from reliable outlets have suggested that the Washington Free Beacon funded the dossier, even in part.

Well, the leaked Democrat memo says that the Washington Free Examiner funded it first.

I disagree that the dossier is the primary source material. Take me off ignore, pussy. You've been spamming shitty arguments for weeks now. Man up, and actually defend them.

Hey @Fawlty, will you quote this for me? Mr. 80th percentile has me on ignore because he's a chickenshit.

Cibola! My life for you, Mr President. Bumpty bumpty bump!

He's being eaten alive by his own tribalism

Thanks. I'll have to stay agnostic about that for now then. There's no way the WFB was just freelancing, imo, but until we know the extent of their involvement from an independent source it's not worth harping on.
You might be interested in the WFB statement on this matter:

Since its launch in February of 2012, the Washington Free Beacon has retained third party firms to conduct research on many individuals and institutions of interest to us and our readers. In that capacity, during the 2016 election cycle we retained Fusion GPS to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary, just as we retained other firms to assist in our research into Hillary Clinton. All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to the Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele. Nor did we have any knowledge of the relationship between Fusion GPS and the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, and the Clinton campaign.

Representatives of the Free Beacon approached the House Intelligence Committee today and offered to answer what questions we can in their ongoing probe of Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier. But to be clear: We stand by our reporting, and we do not apologize for our methods. We consider it our duty to report verifiable information, not falsehoods or slander, and we believe that commitment has been well demonstrated by the quality of the journalism that we produce. The First Amendment guarantees our right to engage in news-gathering as we see fit, and we intend to continue doing just that as we have since the day we launched this project.

Matthew Continetti
Editor in Chief

Michael Goldfarb
Chairman

This is the sad thing about Trump and what he’s been able to suggest on people who pride themselves on professionalism, that everyone can leave ethics at the door and will try to gain points to further their professional careers. It’s sad because Trump is projecting is lack of ethics on other people and institutions and with his continued attacks has convinced his followers that everyone is like him. For the record, every person Trump is attacking is a loyal Republican so the politicized argument fails there. You would have to believe in the deep state for this to be true and if that is the case how can you trust Nunes or Gowdy from not also being apart of this deep
State conspiracy.
You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist nutjob to realise that any agency or bureau whose job is to spy on people and collect their personal info can play dirty tricks.

Last edited:
Well, the leaked Democrat memo says that the Washington Free Examiner funded it first.
The leaked Democratic memo... which isn't actually the leaked Democratic memo lol

You might be interested in the WFB statement on this matter:

Since its launch in February of 2012, the Washington Free Beacon has retained third party firms to conduct research on many individuals and institutions of interest to us and our readers. In that capacity, during the 2016 election cycle we retained Fusion GPS to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary, just as we retained other firms to assist in our research into Hillary Clinton. All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to the Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele. Nor did we have any knowledge of the relationship between Fusion GPS and the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, and the Clinton campaign.

Representatives of the Free Beacon approached the House Intelligence Committee today and offered to answer what questions we can in their ongoing probe of Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier. But to be clear: We stand by our reporting, and we do not apologize for our methods. We consider it our duty to report verifiable information, not falsehoods or slander, and we believe that commitment has been well demonstrated by the quality of the journalism that we produce. The First Amendment guarantees our right to engage in news-gathering as we see fit, and we intend to continue doing just that as we have since the day we launched this project.

Matthew Continetti
Editor in Chief

Michael Goldfarb
Chairman
Thanks, I caught that earlier today. I'll need to watch out for an independent verification before I believe them.

The leaked Democratic memo... which isn't actually the leaked Democratic memo lol

It's not? This thread is 48 pages long and I don't have time to read the whole thing - what did I miss?

Back