First transgender BJJ blackbelt?

Is a transgender black belt somehow different than a black belt earned by a straight white guy?

Given the amount of androgenic steroids routinely used by top competitors in the 'female' division, it's safe to say that BJJ has long been well ahead of the curve in breaking down binary gender stereotypes.

Given the amount of androgenic steroids routinely used by top competitors in the 'female' division, it's safe to say that BJJ has long been well ahead of the curve in breaking down binary gender stereotypes.
<Dana05><[analyzed}><[analyzed}>

Trans girl and that last name...

<36>

P.S. congrats

congrats to her on the blackbelt.

edit:
I had posted that she's quite wrong about the science of transition and whether or not she has an unfair advantage. Well, from every recent studies I could find, the scientific community is heading towards clearly affirming there is no advantage. Not to say any one study is comprehensive, but there seems to be indicators that the changes the body undergoes points toward an even playing field.

Last edited:
I had posted that she's quite wrong about the science of transition and whether or not she has an unfair advantage..

Since when are sports supposed to be fair? I always though the goal of training was to make it as unfair as possible?

Since when are sports supposed to be fair? I always though the goal of training was to make it as unfair as possible?
Yes, but within a given set of rules--Gi, no gi, weight classes, belt levels, no striking, etc. Theoretically, the biological differences for folks transitioning from people born into their sex/gender/whatever are on the same playing field.

Yes, but within a given set of rules--Gi, no gi, weight classes, belt levels, no striking, etc. Theoretically, the biological differences for folks transitioning from people born into their sex/gender/whatever are on the same playing field.

One could argue that the steroids they are taking are hurting them to the degree that the real women have a fair chance against them. I just think if you hurt yourself with roids it's your problem and you shouldn't fight in an easier division. I'm from a Eastern European country so I have a different approach to all that transgender stuff.

congrats to her on the blackbelt.

edit:
I had posted that she's quite wrong about the science of transition and whether or not she has an unfair advantage. Well, from every recent studies I could find, the scientific community is heading towards clearly affirming there is no advantage. Not to say any one study is comprehensive, but there seems to be indicators that the changes the body undergoes points toward an even playing field.
It's hard to trust these things now, there is so much hell to pay for insulting the community. I know it's stupid to just outright dismiss those studies, but I definitely have to question their validity in today's ultracharged political climate. Especially in academics. There has to be a difference after puberty, there's no way the physiology is the same.

A girl on PEDs (testosterone) imho beats a transgirl on estrogen.

In terms of BJJ competition Gabi is stronger then the average guys on PEDs.
Based on what? I train with some female fighters who are on PED's. They arent as strong as my 16 year old wrestlers.

A girl on PEDs (testosterone) imho beats a transgirl on estrogen.

That'd be interesting to see if a year or two of high testosterone as an adult can trump just developing as a man, but suppressing testosterone now. Anyone have any anecdotal accounts?

It's hard to trust these things now, there is so much hell to pay for insulting the community. I know it's stupid to just outright dismiss those studies, but I definitely have to question their validity in today's ultracharged political climate. Especially in academics. There has to be a difference after puberty, there's no way the physiology is the same.
Not much to worry about in the sciences. Those papers are so apolitical. But because of what's in the water it's more likely to get published. These researchers aren't doing queer theory

Based on what? I train with some female fighters who are on PED's. They arent as strong as my 16 year old wrestlers.

How heavy are they? There is a huge difference between being 130lbs and a lean 250lbs.

She/he could have his bb And There shoild be zero problems... He/she however should not under any circumstances be allow to compete with woman.

Last edited:
Not much to worry about in the sciences. Those papers are so apolitical. But because of what's in the water it's more likely to get published. These researchers aren't doing queer theory
Lmao there's nothing more political than the sciences from what I hear.

Back