First Trans woman elected to state office, defeats bathroom bill writer

A disability is a physical or mental condition that limits a person's movements, senses, or activities. I don't see how being transgendered limits a person in any way. How is this person limited in any fashion that you are not?

Statistically this person has a pretty much 50/50 chance of attempting suicide. That is right up there with conditions like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Transsexuals are clearly not in a good place mentally. Are these really the kind of people you want to put in positions like this?

Damn right!! We want ALL Americans to hold political office and to achieve whatever other dreams they have regardless of right wing bigotry

You idiots will be the downfall of America lol

maybe "society" hasn't, but transactivists have. a lot of lesbians have been called bigots for not being attracted to trans women and their male body(parts). it's an ongoing discussion, and lesbians are absolutely being pressured into having sex with trans women.

There's also those with extreme opinions on every subject, like ultra-religious who think transgendered folks are to blame for angering god and creating natural disasters. Hardly opinions shared by society at large and nothing anyone shouldn't be able to move past and mostly ignore.

Statistically this person has a pretty much 50/50 chance of attempting suicide. That is right up there with conditions like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Transsexuals are clearly not in a good place mentally. Are these really the kind of people you want to put in positions like this?

Again, I believe this has to do with how we treat them and it's not a trait that's a product of their own physiological mental capacity. From UCLA study. Sounds like an environment very conducive to developing depression.

• Family chose not to speak/spend time with them: 57%

• — Discrimination, victimization, or violence at school, at work, and when accessing health care
    • Harassed or bullied at school (any level): 50-54%

• Experienced discrimination or harassment at work: 50-59%

• Doctor or health care provider refused to treat them: 60%

• Suffered physical or sexual violence: — At work: 64-65%
      — At school (any level): 63-78%
  • — Discrimination, victimization, or violence by law enforcement
    • Disrespected or harassed by law enforcement of cers: 57-61%

• Suffered physical or sexual violence: By law enforcement of cers: 60-70
  • — Experienced homelessness: 69%

He'd be right if he wasn't completely wrong. How can you be naive on an issue and yet still be correct?

Strong rebuttal. Please share with me your wealth of experience with transgender folks that I lack and how that lead you to a different conclusion.

Damn. Proves it's a woman. Only a woman can cut that deeply without even trying

That’s is hysterical, literally becuase I was subconsciously viewing her saying that type of thing as a woman with woman type of line. Well played.

Strong rebuttal. Please share with me your wealth of experience with transgender folks that I lack and how that lead you to a different conclusion.

I'm referring to your severe lack on foresight in thinking that "the line is drawn" and that there won't continue to be a slipper and slipper slope in the future as to what will and won't constitute a "bigot." You're apparently ignorant as to how more and more ridiculously strict people become with what they think constitutes a homophone/racist/sexist/general bigot/etc.

Again, I believe this has to do with how we treat them and it's not a trait that's a product of their own physiological mental capacity. From UCLA study. Sounds like an environment very conducive to developing depression.

• Family chose not to speak/spend time with them: 57%

• — Discrimination, victimization, or violence at school, at work, and when accessing health care
    • Harassed or bullied at school (any level): 50-54%

• Experienced discrimination or harassment at work: 50-59%

• Doctor or health care provider refused to treat them: 60%

• Suffered physical or sexual violence: — At work: 64-65%
      — At school (any level): 63-78%
  • — Discrimination, victimization, or violence by law enforcement
    • Disrespected or harassed by law enforcement of cers: 57-61%

• Suffered physical or sexual violence: By law enforcement of cers: 60-70
  • — Experienced homelessness: 69%

Dude you're not reading the study properly, look at page 11.

This is what it means:

57% of respondents who say the statement "family chose not to speak/spend time with them" applies to them attempted suicide. NOT 57% of all transgenders' families refuse to speak to them

69% of respondents who say the they experienced homeless attempted suicide. NOT 69% of all transgenders experienced homeless

And so on for all statements. You seriously thought 65% of transgenders were getting beat up or raped at work? Are we living in Saudi Arabia or something. I knew when I read that there was no way you were reading the study properly so I checked.

Dude you're not reading the study properly, look at page 11.

This is what it means:

57% of respondents who say the statement "family chose not to speak/spend time with them" applies to them attempted suicide. NOT 57% of all transgenders' families refuse to speak to them

69% of respondents who say the they experienced homeless attempted suicide. NOT 69% of all transgenders experienced homeless

And so on for all statements. You seriously thought 65% of transgenders were getting beat up or raped at work? Are we living in Saudi Arabia or something. I knew when I read that there was no way you were reading the study properly so I checked.

Nope, I read it right. I was arguing those who attempted suicide mostly did so because of how they were treated. I didn't say all were abused to this extent.

I'd assume the stress of not identifying with your born sex accounts for some of the other suicidal tendeices

Last edited:

Because "Danica's" mental problems are a fad novelty.

It's just an underdog vote. If I cut my balls off and identify my gender as flying Dragon or some other crack opt nonsense I'd win the warroom presidential campaign.

It's all quotas and optics.

There's also those with extreme opinions on every subject, like ultra-religious who think transgendered folks are to blame for angering god and creating natural disasters. Hardly opinions shared by society at large and nothing anyone shouldn't be able to move past and mostly ignore.
it's actually more complicated than that. i know the point you're trying to make, and you might not care at all about the lesbian community, but it's under massive pressure from transactivists right now.

to be fair, i didn't see what/who you were replying to.

Because "Danica's" mental problems are a fad novelty.

It's just an underdog vote. If I cut my balls off and identify my gender as flying Dragon or some other crack opt nonsense I'd win the warroom presidential campaign.

It's all quotas and optics.

You should def put that to the test and report back on your findings.

chromosome "levels?" Go on...<Dany07>
Don't mind if I do! :p

http://www.pnas.org/content/114/21/E4296.full
Chromosome-level genome assembly and transcriptome of the green alga Chromochloris zofingiensis illuminates astaxanthin production

https://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/chromosomes-14121320

Although nucleosomes may look like extended "beads on a string" under an electron microscope, they appear differently in living cells. In such cells, nucleosomes stack up against one another in organized arrays with multiple levels of packing. The first level of packing is thought to produce a fiber about 30 nanometers (nm) wide. These 30 nm fibers then form a series of loops, which fold back on themselves for additional compacting (Figure 5).

The multiple levels of packing that exist within eukaryotic chromosomes not only permit a large amount of DNA to occupy a very small space, but they also serve several functional roles. For example, the looping of nucleosome-containing fibers brings specific regions of chromatin together, thereby influencing gene expression. In fact, the organized packing of DNA is malleable and appears to be highly regulated in cells.
------------

I understand that the usual terminology would be the number of chromosomes, but there are actual levels within DNA.

I'm referring to your severe lack on foresight in thinking that "the line is drawn" and that there won't continue to be a slipper and slipper slope in the future as to what will and won't constitute a "bigot." You're apparently ignorant as to how more and more ridiculously strict people become with what they think constitutes a homophone/racist/sexist/general bigot/etc.

Slippery slope is a fallacy unless provided with factual data to expose the supposed slope.

More importantly, inclusion of trans do not in-and-of-itself allow for any other allowance. It is its own issue. Most important, it shouldn't matter to you. Good people should be championed. Shit people should be admonished. Bigotry is for shit people.

it's actually more complicated than that. i know the point you're trying to make, and you might not care at all about the lesbian community, but it's under massive pressure from transactivists right now.

to be fair, i didn't see what/who you were replying to.

You're right and I agree there are definitely more than just a few very aggressive activist, but like feminism I think they are a minority in the transgender community and it's frustrating to see their behavior lead to judgement on the community at large.

I believe they may just be retaliating after years of being shit on themselves. I don't agree with their position.

Slippery slope is a fallacy unless provided with factual data to expose the supposed slope.

More importantly, inclusion of trans do not in-and-of-itself allow for any other allowance. It is its own issue. Most important, it shouldn't matter to you. Good people should be championed. Shit people should be admonished. Bigotry is for shit people.

lol This idiot again.

It might be a so-called fallacy to you, but it isn't to anyone with any degree of insight or foresight. Any intelligent person can see it might further cause a slipper slope for the reasons I already started in the post of mine you quoted. And allow me a moment to laugh at being called a "bigot" for seeing weirdos as weirdos.

Back