First sanctioned bare knuckle boxing in the US in over 100 years

Thank you! Paul spadafora is fighting. I’m excited to watch.

It's gonna be a shit show and every single one of those fights will end via cut in the first round.

Total garbage.

Yeah fck watching guys break their hands on each other. If I was interested in seeing this I’d go out in any town or city on a Friday/Saturday night and have my fill.

Yeah fck watching guys break their hands on each other. If I was interested in seeing this I’d go out in any town or city on a Friday/Saturday night and have my fill.
I can't even believe any promoter will lay out money on this. It's time and tested that this shit is for backyards, car parks and outside the local pub.

Low tier jobbers who will get cut immediately. Drs or cuts will stop every bout.

I think the traditional bare-knuckle fighters used different striking techniques. Hitting with the palm, hammer fists and such. Hopefully the guys that signed up for this have studied that, because, yeah, modern striking without gloves knuckles-to-skull is going to cause problems.

They also used to be 45 rounds. So if they really want to be legit to tradition they should do that.

I can't even believe any promoter will lay out money on this. It's time and tested that this shit is for backyards, car parks and outside the local pub.

Low tier jobbers who will get cut immediately. Drs or cuts will stop every bout.

I’ve worked the doors in the past and grew up in boozers so I’ve seen this shit all my life. What thrill do people get seeing people breaking their hands and faces? And as you say, injuries will stop most of these contests as soon as they get started. Even bare knuckle/unlicensed fighters of more recent times like Lennie McLean and Roy shaw still wore gloves in their fights

Boxing is a sport and noble art;this shit is for savages

While i dont condone bare knuckle fighting, it has been around for a while now in the UK and there seems to be interest in it from some quarters

Most of the fights end up going to points and very few end up via cut stoppages

Raw fights with bare knuckles is exactly what i've been looking for.

Let's sanction old fashioned swordfights.

in watching irish traveller fights, the worst part isn't the bare knuckles, it's the flab, the bad technique and just overall non-entertaining fights.

Didn't Tyson Fury and the rest of his race start out doing this?

Also didn't original bare knuckles have clinching, kicks, takedowns and knees?

I think the traditional bare-knuckle fighters used different striking techniques. Hitting with the palm, hammer fists and such. Hopefully the guys that signed up for this have studied that, because, yeah, modern striking without gloves knuckles-to-skull is going to cause problems.

They also used to be 45 rounds. So if they really want to be legit to tradition they should do that.

Didn't Tyson Fury and the rest of his race start out doing this?

Also didn't original bare knuckles have clinching, kicks, takedowns and knees?
travellers are amongst the most popular of the barenucklers, some of them have been impressive to me though, i didn't know much about them until an english boxer told me about them, some of them look like they could have been real good pros but in england there is this silly rule that anyone with a criminal record can't box pro.

thy also used to be 45 rounds. So if they really want to be legit to tradition they should do that.
Rounds weren't like they are now.
Anytime someone got knockdown by a punch or by being thrown to the ground the round was over and they got 30 seconds to regain themselves.
That's why there was so many rounds.

Yeah the way that most modern fighters would go at it will just lead to broken hands. Hitting with the palm, forearms e.t.c. becomes necessary when it's just bone on bone like head shots are. Also they worked the body a lot more in the past.

travellers are amongst the most popular of the barenucklers, some of them have been impressive to me though, i didn't know much about them until an english boxer told me about them, some of them look like they could have been real good pros but in england there is this silly rule that anyone with a criminal record can't box pro.

Are you sure?

Anthony Joshua has a criminal record

Back