First job stories....

Worked at the Halifax Bank of Scotland office at 17. I was a temp, was immature AF, had no idea what I was doing half the time, wasn't kept on, was phoned by the agency on the friday at the end of the 3 months I was no longer required. Got a real nice pay off though which kept me going for ages.

I learnt a lot of life lessons from that shit

I was a cashier at Wal-mart.

I went to work and did my job. I was very professional. I quit when I moved away for college. I gave them two weeks notice.

Mine isn't very interesting. I was a bus boy and the boss lady was a proper cunt. One day it was pretty dead at the restaurant so the cooks and I were standing in a group talking, I was leaning against a counter with my hands under it. Boss lady walks by and says only to me; "I'm not paying you to hold that counter up". Not a word to anyone else, just me. I got in trouble for having my cell phone out to take a picture of the schedule once. That was not a fun job.
Did she make you shave her butt?

Worked at KMart as a cart attendant. I was 16 years old and it was for the summer. It was pretty brutal since I was in the parking lot pushing carts back into the store when the weather was over 110 degrees. It was ok though, saw some crazy shit and found some nasty shit in the carts.

Banged a co-worker, then later on things went real south. When I say later on I mean 2 days later. She went to HR, then rumors spread (her work BFF is a loudmouth bird who can't keep her mouth shut) and it got pretty bad. We didn't even look at each other, it was almost like being ghosts with each other or some shit.

Someone shit in one of the aisles in Rite-Aid not long after I started. The manager asked me to clean it up of course and I gave him the Jose Aldo look. Didn't have to clean it up and was never asked to do disgusting jobs when they happened again. Good for me because people puked or had accidents in that place the time.

Not my first job, but I worked an "engineering internship" after a semester of college. It was in a small office with 4 guys. One had a business degree, on had an associates in engineering technology or something, and the he other 2 were high school grads. All their jobs were really lame, low skill labor. Wasn't a good summer.

My first job was Carl's Jr. Worked there for 3 days. The homie that got me hired had been working there a few years, so he showed me how to steal food. We threw a bag of frozen curly fries out of the window in the freezer where the deliveries came in. Later that night, about midnight, we went to get them and take them home. We'd been smoking since closing the store and we're excited about cooking up some fee curly fries. Well, on the way home we got stopped by a cop and taken to jail.

Edit: It was Hardees. I forgot they have a different name in the Midwest.

In high school I got a job at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories for a scientist doing cancer research. She took a bunch of mice and exposed them to cobalt radiation. Part of my job was to care for the mice for a few weeks, kill them then take out their spleens so they could count the number of cancer growths on them.

I was trained by a lab assistant to kill the mice by grabbing them by the tail, swinging them and hitting their heads against the wall. This would leave little blood spots on the wall at times. I was not into this and could not bring myself to do it. I took a plastic bag, put a paper bag in the bottom and poured ether on it. Then I put the mice in the bag, closed the top and they went to sleep and were dead in a little bit. Kinda strange when I look back at it.

Back