First impression: Reebok Boxing Boot

iFossil

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Please keep in mind I am not and have never been a pure boxer, also have not owned any other boxing boot before. So you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Price

UK Retail at £64.95 (I purchased them around £50)
US Retail at $99.99

Size/Weight/Profile

Honestly, I hear they come in half size small, but I actually find them on size if not half size big, they have about the same amount of room as my regular hi tops at the usual size and for boxing I'd take these in half size down to get a snug fit.

Weight: Have to say they aren't heavy, but they certainly aren't light in comparison to all my running shoes. They weight like the same as all my regular high tops (Eg: Adi ar 2.0). What I mean is, in terms of footwear they are light, but in terms of performance footwear for sports, they aren't particular light, you do feel them on your feet.

Profile: They are mid cut with very long laces that can tie around your ankles to give great ankle support along with that velcro closure.

Material Quality

They aren't made with leather. The material aren't too bad, but they don't feel premium quality either, if you put the brand aside, the material they use feel fair for their price(£50) in terms of boxing shoes, but in term of usual footwear they feel they should be retailing at half of the price(£25) for sure.

What I mean is, for this price on a pair of football(soccer) / basketball / running shoes, you will find them using materials and designs that are way superior than these.

The outer sole has a very good grip, might also be easy to wear out.

Craftsmanship

Fair, not much problem, most of the part are glued together.

Look/Design

They just look like regular high tops than boxing shoes and they feel that way too.

Fit/Comfort/Feel

Honestly, I have never owned a pair of boxing shoes, but when I hear boxing shoes, everyone describes them as wearing socks that are very comfortable to your feet and sometimes you feel like you aren't wearing any shoes.

If that statement is true, these don't feel anything like that at all. Probably due to the design and the shape of the shoes, they just feel exactly the same as a pair of narrow high tops, think of converse with good support around the ankles and being much lighter. They really don't feel like socks at all and 100% you feel them on your feet all the time.

Performance

What I feel is these are really close to no difference to my regular high tops that I walk around daily. (Eg: Adi Ar 2.0, adidas freemont etc) They are just narrower with long laces around the ankles and a better grip on the sole(Which also look like they are easy to wear out even in a boxing gym environment).

I am not saying all these feature don't make good boxing shoes, but I don't feel like they are performance shoes at all, if that make sense. I can easily use my regular high tops to train and feel no difference.

With hard training, I try to find everything that would restrict my movement and performance the least, from rashguard, t-shirt, shorts, compression tights to running shoes etc.

These just aren't in my liking, mainly due to the fact they feel somewhat restrict my movement, they feel being on my feet all the time and I am not comparing to bare feet, I am comparing to running shoes. I can feel there are much much better boxing boots out there that wouldn't restrict me as much even at a much higher cost.

Overall

I think these are decent boxing shoes, fair on the price.

What I would recommend to are the type of boxer that have a more stationary style, more of a counter puncher and need that good flat base and good grip to execute your head movements and counters. Just like like Floyd Mayweather. More suited to those who moves more at a calculated pace with one step at a time.

If you are like me, who tends to have a style that utilize massive amount of footwork and speed to go in and out, exit at angles like every single trade at more a not so calculated pace(Tends to switch stances, moves both feet at once etc). In another word more like a Manny Pacquiao aggressive style, these wouldn't be your ideal choice, I feel.

The former would prefer a more solid base from their shoes and these provide that with the good grip.

The latter would prefer a more lighter and flexible base to provide the unrestricted movement and these don't do that.

RQo3ID6.jpg

kp2TwkF.jpg

LmstssW.jpg

4EYJ7sS.jpg

wATDgOq.jpg

MYDwVvj.jpg

LU2rgIz.jpg

Last edited:
Great review.

About the sizing..

I wear size 12 in most shoes, but require 13 for almost all of Asics wrestling shoe models (they tend to run small I hear).

Should I go for a 12 or 12.5 if I wanted these Reebok boxing boots?

They look really good. Sad they are "cheaply" made.

Yep, they are pretty cheap though if you are in the UK and purchase with a discount like I did.

Great review.

About the sizing..

I wear size 12 in most shoes, but require 13 for almost all of Asics wrestling shoe models (they tend to run small I hear).

Should I go for a 12 or 12.5 if I wanted these Reebok boxing boots?

Do Asics do half size? Or you simply need a full size up?

Don't quote me on that 'cause I am not 100% sure either, can't possibly know what fit you the best, but if I have to guess, I'll say try the 12 as these Reebok feel true to size compare to all my adidas high tops.

Let us know if that fit though, surely a lot of people wonder about sizes and more than one person's experience is always better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back