First fight video

Mani

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So had my first fight today and thought I'd post the video of it.

Wasn't brilliant and I gassed in the first round but didn't think I did to bad for my first fight and at the age of 33.

Proud of myself for doing it and can't wait for my next fight!

I'm the guy in the red shorts.

Wasn't brilliant and I gassed in the first round but didn't think I did to bad for my first fight and at the age of 33.

The matching was good, too many events these days where sandbaggers are jumping in

Hands higher, they drop to chest level.

Like I say on the other new fight critiques. You should throw in volume and rip out combinations. So many times did your opponent just get hit with a jab and didn't do anything, that was your time to capitalize on. But that comes down to not drilling it enough to become instinct. Do that this next camp where you do nothing but combinations after combinations, no single shots. 1,2,1, kick, 1,2,3,kick. Hell even 1,2 at this point, because that's better than a single shot.

No turning around and giving up your side or back. Early into round 2 you did this, and he got you with a hook as you were turned. Same thing like in grappling, don't expose your side or back to your opponent

@3:34. Your coach wanted you to just bang!!

"Keep doing that!"
"Yes"
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE!!"

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

You guys don't do alot of clinching? Thats an area that needs alot work on your end.

You Need to work on capitalizing and being more aggressive, both of you guys are wiped, but he took hits, and instead you backed out instead of continuing your flurry. The only reason you should ever back out is if you feel there is a threat your opponent is gonna bring, like after you throw a short upper, he's gonna smash a nasty overhand. He didn't have anything there, so you should've worked on that.

So overall work on being more aggressive, cardio, gas tank (this comes down to mostly breathing properly), and clinching.

also a fight while wearing shirts? lol. First time for everything I guess

Last edited:
congrats man, you dont looke 33 at all, more like 23.

Good job saddling up and doing it.
I’d suggest you work on your boxing some.
How long have you been training? Where was this fight?

Good job saddling up and doing it.
I’d suggest you work on your boxing some.
How long have you been training? Where was this fight?

Been training for nearly a year now. Not sure if I should be better after a year of training but I enjoyed it. My cardio isn't very good and as it was my first fight I think I was running on adrenaline for the first minute and it just ran out

It was in Bolton in the UK at an interclubs event.

Been training for nearly a year now. Not sure if I should be better after a year of training but I enjoyed it. My cardio isn't very good and as it was my first fight I think I was running on adrenaline for the first minute and it just ran out

It was in Bolton in the UK at an interclubs event.
Which club are you fighting out of? Just askin’ coz I’ll be moving to the UK soon, and need places to train :D

Congrats for just stepping in there and doing it!

Congrats and keep training.
Looks like the fight was fairly matched. You'll get better at not gassing with more drilling, padwork, and more experience getting hit and learning how to breathe.

Which club are you fighting out of? Just askin’ coz I’ll be moving to the UK soon, and need places to train :D

Where in the UK are you moving to?

I train at a club in Manchester.

Nice! Experience is the best teacher.
<seedat>

Back