First Ever F-15 Combat Loss Recorded

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The plane faced the Soviets in the Cold War, Syrians in Golan Heights, Iraqis in First and Second Gulf War, Serbians in Kosovo/Bosnia and Taliban in Afghanistan without a single loss while scoring dozens of air to air kills.

Give them to the Saudis and it got shot down by illiterate Houthis in sandals. I'm speechless.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Yemen’s force has shot down an F15 fighter jet that was taking part in the bombing campaign of Saudi-led coalition.

Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network quoted a local military official as saying that the Air Defense Force in the Yemeni army are backed by allied fighters from Popular Committees, shot down an F15 warplane of the Saudi-led aggression.

The warplane was shot down in Najran, a city in South Western Saudi, after being targeted by Yemeni forces positioned in the northern town of Saada, Almanar Tv reported Saturday.
http://www.defenseworld.net/news/19...led_Coalition_s_F_15_Fighter_Jet#.WSOl5sZlC70

Would be funny if it was shot down by an American made missile.

Everyone's up in arms about Trump's weapons sale to the Saudis.

I don't know if there's a more inept military force on earth. If we're going to sell them to someone, Saudi Arabia is the best place for them (well until they turn over those arms to their jihadi-backed groups...).

The plane faced the Soviets in the Cold War, Syrians in Golan Heights, Iraqis in First and Second Gulf War, Serbians in Kosovo/Bosnia and Taliban in Afghanistan without a single loss while scoring dozens of air to air kills.

Give them to the Saudis and it got shot down by illiterate Houthis in sandals. I'm speechless.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/19...led_Coalition_s_F_15_Fighter_Jet#.WSOl5sZlC70

lmao the best combat plane in the world ruined by fucking dumb asses

I'd imagine the flight systems inside are not what you'd find in the US planes. @GhostZ06? You seem to know your shit with military tech, what say you.

Last edited:
I'd imagine the flight systems inside are not what you'd find in the US planes. @GhostZ06? You seem to know your shit with military tech, what say you.

they operate the F-15SA which is an upgraded verison of the E. And some of the latest in Avionics technology and sensors, some updated engines, IRST, modern fly by wire as well. just lacks the Stealth coating, conformal weapons bay and conformal fuel tanks and some other special tech only reserved for us and maybe a few other allies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_F-15SE_Silent_Eagle

Even so, its a half way point to this if i recall. Orgasmo will confirm this or help me fill in the holes. Lets put this way, only a dumb shit could get this thing shot down considered this is one of the hottest F-15s on the market...and the saudis just put a stain on its never shot down record.

they operate the F-15SA which is an upgraded verison of the E. And some of the latest in Avionics technology and sensors, some updated engines, IRST, modern fly by wire as well. just lacks the Stealth coating, conformal weapons bay and conformal fuel tanks and some other special tech only reserved for us and maybe a few other allies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_F-15SE_Silent_Eagle

Even so, its a half way point to this if i recall. Orgasmo will confirm this or help me fill in the holes. Lets put this way, only a dumb shit could get this thing shot down considered this is one of the hottest F-15s on the market...and the saudis just put a stain on its never shot down record.
While F-15SA is the most advanced production model F-15 in existence, the first one only got delivered to the Saudis in February this year. We can rule it out as the plane that got shot down. That leaves the older F-15S and F-15C, and I am willing to bet good money it's a F-15S that was shot down. You don't see F-15C conduct ground strike missions normally as it's designed for air superiority. On second thought, it's the Saudis so who knows?

We know the Houthis have SAMs since many of them were former Yemeni military. The ones capable of taking out a F-15S are SA-2 and SA-3, both radar guided. They're older Soviet designs, outdated by today's standard. The radar warning receiver on the F-15S should have alerted the pilot to deploy countermeasure. If the pilot wasn't aware he was being targeted, it could be an infrared guided SAM. Those generally have very short range and low ceiling, so that F-15S would have to be flying pretty low and slow to get hit. Generally if you're above 10,000 feet, these types of missiles can't touch you. F-15E have been exposed to these threats before in other conflicts, and it came out unscathed.

Can't speculate on what happened as information is limited, but I suspect incompetence may be involved as Saudis are notorious for it. You can give them the F-35 and they might still end up getting shot down.

While F-15SA is the most advanced production model F-15 in existence, the first one only got delivered to the Saudis in February this year. We can rule it out as the plane that got shot down. That leaves the older F-15S and F-15C, and I am willing to bet good money it's a F-15S that was shot down. You don't see F-15C conduct ground strike missions normally as it's designed for air superiority. On second thought, it's the Saudis so who knows?

We know the Houthis have SAMs since many of them were former Yemeni military. The ones capable of taking out a F-15S are SA-2 and SA-3, both radar guided. They're older Soviet designs, outdated by today's standard. The radar warning receiver on the F-15S should have alerted the pilot to deploy countermeasure. If the pilot wasn't aware he was being targeted, it could be an infrared guided SAM. Those generally have very short range and low ceiling, so that F-15S would have to be flying pretty low and slow to get hit. Generally if you're above 10,000 feet, these types of missiles can't touch you. F-15E have been exposed to these threats before in other conflicts, and it came out unscathed.

Can't speculate on what happened as information is limited, but I suspect incompetence may be involved as Saudis are notorious for it. You can give them the F-35 and they might still end up getting shot down.

i'm sorry that really aggravates me to know end. Seriously? A 5 year old could have flown the the plane better then those fucking idiots.

i'm sorry that really aggravates me to know end. Seriously? A 5 year old could have flown the the plane better then those fucking idiots.

Surely they train on the GOAT simulator 'After Burner'.

The pilot might not be Saudi at all now that I think about it. Saudis are infamous for being chickenshit, and their pilots are generally from wealthy and influential families just padding their resume. They've been known to hire Pakistanis to fly combat missions where they have to risk their necks.

Either way, Saudis can't fight their way out of a wet paperbag.

Saudi Arabia is the best place for them (well until they turn over those arms to their jihadi-backed groups...).

BREAKING NEWS: Selling Billions in Weapons to Saudi Arabia No Longer a "Good Idea"

Last edited:
This is win win for the US. Saudi's crash million dollar jets, so they have to buy more.

latest

lmao the best combat plane in the world ruined by fucking dumb asses

This is incorrect.

USAF F15s (Strike Eagles) were lost to enemy ground fire (AAA/SAM) in the Gulf War as well. The stat you're thinking of is that no F15 has ever been lost to enemy aircraft. This stat remains intact today.

PS. Ouch - check out all those losses from SHORAD systems, especially among low altitude CAS jets (A10, AV8). Kind of shows you why the powers that be largely moved the delivery of CAS missions to higher altitudes...

Last edited:
This is incorrect.

USAF F15s (Strike Eagles) were lost to enemy ground fire (AAA/SAM) in the Gulf War as well. The stat you're thinking of is that no F15 has ever been lost to enemy aircraft. This stat remains intact today.

Doesnt change the fact that these fucking idiots cant fly a god damn plane.

Doesnt change the fact that these fucking idiots cant fly a god damn plane.

Not disputing that. Just re-assuring you that they haven't really tarnished the F15's record because of it ;).

Let's be serious. That jet was fucked from the beginning when they took all the most sensitive equipment out of it before giving it to them. They probably barely have any tactical and logistical support, unlike our F-15s. It's like giving a 16 year old a Lambo and wondering how they managed to crash it.

Not much you can say about the F-15 in this case....more about SA Avation...
It's like giving a ricer a McClaren and bet the house on it.

Back