First Concert?

168a3k1.jpg

Blink 182 back in 2000. I think Jimmy Eat World might have been opening for them.
Some chicks were flashing the crowd during the set. Hoppus said something like, "wow, you have big nipples".

I was a young soldier stationed at Fort Gordon, GA. The Goo-Goo Dolls gave a free concert for the troops in 1999. I recognized 2 songs Iris and one other one I can't remember.

Parents took me to see Neil Diamond in the mid-80's.

I pitched a fit when he came out for the encore (Forever in Blue Jeans) as I thought it was over and we could go home.

They didn't take me to any more concerts with them.

Iron Maiden with Twisted Sister - Dec. 7, 1984 (world slavery tour). I was really young and went with an older cousin of mine. I don't really remember much.

Lynard Skynard & the Doobie Bros. 95 or 96 at Starlake Ampatheater

Went to several country concerts as a kid with my folks...first rock concert however was Marilyn Manson, Union Underground, Godhead on "halloween eve" in 2000...it was insane and blew my mind lol. Costume contest was great too

Beastie boys
Bad brains
Dj hurricane

1995 Beastie Boys I'll Communication tour

I saw Bon Jovi Slippery when wet tour back in 1986. To be able to see shows in the 80s and early 90s was amazing. They were real Rock Stars then. The parking lots were fun too. A different time...When I saw Newer bands in the late 90s and early 2000s the scene was different. Vibe was less party more violent. More of a loser crowd.

Third Eye Blind, Our Lady Peace, and Eve 6 in 1997. Still one of my favorite shows and I see at least 30 bands a year.

My dad took me to the Christian rock band Newsboys concert when I was in grade 4. There was a spinning drum set, it was pretty cool at the time.

Fall Out Boy, Las Vegas Hard Rock, 2006. Fall Out Boy w/ All American Rejects, Hawthorne Heights, From First to Last.

I was stoked to sign up as a security for the concert. I was 19 and I had been a fan for awhile (when they actually sounded it like a pop punk garage band). Well I showed up late and they had filled all the security slots. I was bummed. But because I was military, the event lead gave me a wristband for the show and told me to go watch it from the upstairs bar. I'll never forget that night.

Foreigner/Doobie Bros on base here as a child, MPs were tazing random desert rat civilians for getting outta line. It was awesome

First paid one? Pop Oddysey Tour, ya I said it, and that was shit was also awesome. So many chicks

My parents took me to see Pink Floyd, I was too young to know what was going on, I just remember the lights and weed smoke. They also took me to a Neil Young concert around the same time, I rember that one a lot better.

My first concert on my own was Wu Tang, they had just come out and it was pretty bad, killer army opened up for them.

Back