Firefox Quantum is here and it's great

That + a lot of bugs make me regret upgrading. There are entire websites that won't load images/video for some reason and I can't view tweets unless I'm on twitter.
In the privacy + security options try turning off tracking protection.

I've been a firefox faithful but if they don't include noScript hasta pronto I'm going to cry.
It's works now.

I've been using it over the past few days and it's easily the BEST version of Firefox that's ever been released. It runs fast and smooth and doesn't seem buggy at all.

Anyone else been checking it out?

If you don't already have it, go get it:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
yes way better than Chrome, I only use firefox anyway but this one is faster and better.

Will have to check it out. Used to run Firefox and then it became so laggy. Currently use Chrome.

I need my instant translation option and it needs to be good. Does it have that?

Used Firefox years ago. I was quite an early adopter of Chrome and have been using it since 2008 [I think]. Heard on a podcast the new Firefox was coming out and they had revamped pretty much everything, how it ran. Downloaded the beta when it came out, developer edition. Week or two later the actual Quantum came out and been using it since. Great browser and out of the Google environment.

As for add-ons, it did say about Legacy add-ons that over time people will react to ones that aren't available and create them.

jfc Firefox Quantum is the worst browser I've used in years.

Of the handful of extensions that are not transferable to this upgrade, literally not one of them has an extension available that is as good as the one that is no longer available.

I'll click for something to load in one tab and then I'll go do work in another tab only to come back and find that nothing happens in tabs that you're not looking at. Nothing has loaded for me because I clicked away.

The bookmarks/history sidebar and "recently closed tabs" feature used to be 2 mouse-clicks away, now it takes 4-5 mouse-clicks through sub-menus.

Literally the only good thing about this program is that pages load fast (which I don't even notice because -- I have broadband? I thought slow page loads were only a problem on cell phones). Everything else is one giant dog-shit of a step backwards for usability.

God damn I hate this program. If a web page loads slowly, it won't let me start scrolling the page and start reading. I have to wait for the entire thing to load.

And the big one: I leave my gmail open all day so I can talk to colleagues on hangouts as we co-ordinate work, but firefox quantum kicks me out of gmail every twenty-forty minutes and I have to reload and sign in again. Constantly.

People still use Firefox?

I seriously don't see why you just don't use Google chrome and just have everything synced across your devices with your email and the countless other things they have.
Because you can do this, and many of us feel that it is done better, with third-party plugins and extensions.

Are buggy browsers really a problem? I've never once had a bad experience with a browser. I always hear about bugs with firefox or chrome, but never once had to deal with them.

Because you can do this, and many of us feel that it is done better, with third-party plugins and extensions.

I've found that Firefox doesn't work well with all platforms whereas Google does. Just my personal experience.

I loved me some Firefox when I had a PC, but I feel like you can't beat safari with a Mac.

I've found that Firefox doesn't work well with all platforms whereas Google does. Just my personal experience.
Google tends to integrate with other core services better than anyone else, but it certainly is a much bigger world than merely that when it comes to personal experience. All the top browsers are well-programmed enough that it really becomes a subjective decision.
I loved me some Firefox when I had a PC, but I feel like you can't beat safari with a Mac.
You can't. Safari oblierates all others on MacOS.

Google tends to integrate with other core services better than anyone else, but it certainly is a much bigger world than merely that when it comes to personal experience. All the top browsers are well-programmed enough that it really becomes a subjective decision.

As long as you're not using Internet Explorer then you're good in my book!

<{cum@me}>

idk Chrome seems to be more stable when I got a bunch of things going on and the FF browser with the same amoount of shit had flash crash on me and crashed everything after.. where as Chrome can pull it off just takes a shitload of memory but it works.

Sticking to Chrome for now. Was swapping back and forth for a lil while but Chrome seems to be better at small little things I notice here and there like typing a post for example.

I am deleting this goddamn piece of shit program. This is the worst goddamn browser I've ever used in my life. I'm rendering heavily in the background so my computer lags and processes other tasks slowly. do you know what Firefox quantum does? It reloads the pages in the tabs every goddamn, motherfucking time I bring up the other programs to check on it. Do you know what I want it to do? Load the goddamn page ONCE and leave it the fuck alone. It literally takes me minutes to bring up each goddamn tab I click on... and each fucking tab has loaded a half-dozen times already. I'm not exaggerating when I say it just took me ten fucking minutes to copy and paste some links into another sherdog thread and hit "post reply". It used to take me one fucking minute to do that.

This is the worst goddamn thing I've ever used. Fuck this and fuck firefox.

I am deleting this goddamn piece of shit program. This is the worst goddamn browser I've ever used in my life. I'm rendering heavily in the background so my computer lags and processes other tasks slowly. do you know what Firefox quantum does? It reloads the pages in the tabs every goddamn, motherfucking time I bring up the other programs to check on it. Do you know what I want it to do? Load the goddamn page ONCE and leave it the fuck alone. It literally takes me minutes to bring up each goddamn tab I click on... and each fucking tab has loaded a half-dozen times already. I'm not exaggerating when I say it just took me ten fucking minutes to copy and paste some links into another sherdog thread and hit "post reply". It used to take me one fucking minute to do that.

This is the worst goddamn thing I've ever used. Fuck this and fuck firefox.

Tell us what you really think!

I tried for a few days just out of curiosity and I'm shocked of how shitty this Firefox is. It overheated my macbook like nothing I've ever seen before. My mac was making so much noise I was afraid it was going to explode. Every time I quit Firefox my laptop went back to normal temp, turned silent and became fast and responsive again. I tried for a few days just to make sure it wasn't a coincidence. It wasn't.

I'm surprised this was released like that. It made my macbook act like I was running on a Windows Me. Horrible experience.

Back