Firearms News thread

Not sure what's going on here.

Innovative firearms manufacturer, Franklin Armory®, has successfully created a new prototype... Franklin Armory® presents providence® a whole new action type that fires one round every time the trigger is pulled, but this action is not semiautomatic. Come by SHOT Show booth #20365 and see the safest, quietest, cleanest, non-semiautomatic ever designed. Jay Jacobson – "Providence® was inspired by the demand for a non-semiautomatic carbine in international markets. In my opinion, what we created was the safest, quietest, and cleanest running design ever conceived."

I'm lost as well. At first I thought trigger release reset the action but later in the video that didn't seem to be the case. I'm curious how this isn't semi auto.

Something can be double-action and still semi-auto.

As far as I know "auto" refers to auto-loading. Maybe that funky-looking trigger pull unlocks the bolt, pulls it back, and then it fires like an open-bolt?

EDIT: Does the trigger pull unlock the bolt? The add says "cleaner" so the bolt staying closed until the next trigger pull could make sense. But that seems like it'd be a lot of spring pressure to work against if it's the trigger moving the bolt back to the open position.

Last edited:

Review of the Sig M17

ive played with the civvie version of the M17 a lot. still cant see the rationale behind going full bore behind a new pistol that doesnt really change anything.

ive played with the civvie version of the M17 a lot. still cant see the rationale behind going full bore behind a new pistol that doesnt really change anything.
I can get updating the seemingly old as shit M9 and moving on from that to a more modern design but I'm still confused why they didn't go with the Glock the way the SEALs have replaced the P226 with a Glock.

I'm lost as well. At first I thought trigger release reset the action but later in the video that didn't seem to be the case. I'm curious how this isn't semi auto.
This is the company that tried to pitch that ridiculously expensive rifle that shot those nerf football looking bullets last year. Has anybody heard anything from them since last Shot Show? Props to them for trying new things, but I've never seen any of their products in stores or online.

This is the company that tried to pitch that ridiculously expensive rifle that shot those nerf football looking bullets last year. Has anybody heard anything from them since last Shot Show? Props to them for trying new things, but I've never seen any of their products in stores or online.

Franklin Armory makes kick-ass binary triggers.

FA was also one of the first makers to get on the AR15 “AOW/Other” train to help out AWB states. It’s just too bad everything they sell is overpriced. No sense buying a modified AR for the price of an unrestricted “pre ban” one.

Things are about to get interesting with the new governor. FA has already made a work around for any type of semiautomatic ban twice now. And this newest creation should get around some of the bans that go off of parts commonalities.

My question is do I go with the heavier trigger pull of the FA or lose target lock with the Troy PAR? I also believe FA isn’t really in this for the money as much as it’s a show of strength on their part. A show that highlights the ingenuity of the gun community despite efforts made against us.

Agency Arms has some Benelli M2 packages now. ShotShow bews

Some 5k M2 and M4's?
Yup.

So, you're out like $1k on the M2 and another $3k on the Agency Upgrades.

As cool as they are I can't get over the price. I can take my Glock 23 to a local shop and they can do a LOT of the same sorts of cuts into it if I want/lighten the slide and it'll be like... $300 at most. Not nearly $1200

SalientArms being expensive as fuck I get cause their packages turn Glocks into competition pistol race guns essentially.

Deerfield AR ban overturned

DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) — A Lake County judge has ruled that the Chicago suburb of Deerfield can’t enact a ban on assault weapons.

The Chicago Tribune reports that Judge Luis Berrones on Friday issued a permanent injunction blocking the village from enforcing the April 2018 ordinance . The Deerfield board had imposed the ban on weapons such as the AR-15, which has been used in mass shootings. The ordinance allowed fines of up to $1,000 a day.

Deerfield AR ban overturned

DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) — A Lake County judge has ruled that the Chicago suburb of Deerfield can’t enact a ban on assault weapons.

The Chicago Tribune reports that Judge Luis Berrones on Friday issued a permanent injunction blocking the village from enforcing the April 2018 ordinance . The Deerfield board had imposed the ban on weapons such as the AR-15, which has been used in mass shootings. The ordinance allowed fines of up to $1,000 a day.

Overturned because of 2A or because the town doesn't have the authority to enact it's own laws that override state laws?

Back