Firearms News thread

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by Gregolian, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Steel Belt

You're familiar with the P320 firing when dropped problem? That's why it came to mind. We can rule it out based on no safety, but who knows. Either way I'm curious as to the make & model.

2. Teppodama

Teppodama Black Belt

Yeah, I have a P320 Compact/Carry. I sent it in for the drop safety fix. They added a bird beak looking physical latch to the firing unit and had to mill a clearance depression on the underside of the slide to allow for it. They also replaced the trigger with a lighter trigger and a lighter trigger spring. Didn't really effect overall feel but you can tell it has lighter pull. Breaks pretty much the same in my opinion. Still gonna replace the trigger with a flat face grayguns trigger like I originally had. Have to purchase a new one though. They kept the old one when they swapped it out and grayguns says not to use the old one anyway. They have a new lightened one for the post upgrade P320.

All the military ones have a safety. Civilian models don't unless you special order it I believe.

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  3. Cubo de Sangre

:eek::eek::eek:

This is why when it comes to guns I'm wary of being an early adapter.

Teppodama likes this.
  4. wvboy

wvboy Brown Belt

I believe there is a Massachusetts (or something like that) legal version of the gun that comes with a safety. I suppose you could order one with a safety. I doubt many gun shops keep those in stock.

Teppodama likes this.
  5. wvboy

wvboy Brown Belt

That is why I am holding off on buying the Sig P365. They've already had one revision of the gun and it hasn't even been on the market for six months. It looks like a nice gun, but until it gets a reputation of being reliable I won't be a buyer.

6. Cubo de Sangre

I've been salivating over the Hudson H9. Reviews have been mixed. Plus I don't have the $1k. :(

Patrick Carey and Teppodama like this.
  7. rktg84

rktg84 The man in black

8. wvboy

wvboy Brown Belt

I'm not an attorney, but wouldn't the confiscation of firearms without a grandfather clause be banned by the fifth and fourteenth amendments? How can a government entity take possession of private property without compensating the owner?

It's like a local government saying that no cars within the city limits shall be allowed to be the color blue by a certain date then impounding the blue cars when the owners don't sell, destroy, or paint their cars another color. Maybe that's not a good analogy, but you get the gist.