Fire Pro Wrestling World

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

not sure how many of you are familiar with Fire Pro Wrestling, but Fire Pro Wrestling Returns was easily the greatest pro wrestling game i have ever played, and you can even do MMA cage matches in with classic fighters like Fedor, Rampage Jackson, Cro Cop already in the game (just under different names that for copyright purposes, but you can go in and change their names yourself)

If you are familiar with the series youll be excited to know that Fire Pro is coming to PS4 and Steam very soon with Fire Pro Wrestling World, and I can not be more excited. They're going to have online capability too so im sure people are gonna create plenty of leagues and organizations to compete in for both pro wrestling and MMA fans. Im pretty stoked

I heard about this a while back and I'm hoping they'll add moves from Queen's Special and the rest of the finishers from Fire Pro Wrestling: Blazing Tornado.

Hell yes day one purchase for me. My first Firepro wrestling was 6 man scramble on sega saturn. I paied $100 for that game since it was imported. Firepro Wrestling D was the only reason i bought a Dreamcast

Love me some Fire Pro. The customization options are insane, super fun to play too.

nice to see there's some fans hopefully we can do a Sherdog league for sure

Steam? Awesome. I always wanted to play one of these games but never got the chance. Is there any sort of career mode? I used to love taking some created mook in the old N64 WCW/WWE games to the top and get the strap.

Hell yes day one purchase for me. My first Firepro wrestling was 6 man scramble on sega saturn. I paied $100 for that game since it was imported. Firepro Wrestling D was the only reason i bought a Dreamcast

Same here. 6 Man Scramble was my first ever Fire Pro Game. I imported it and had to buy an ST Key cartridge for the Saturn....worth every penny. That and Fire Pro Wrestling D are probably my 2 favorite wrestling games of all time.

Always wanted to play fire pro back in the snes days. Don't think they were ever released in the UK. Will have to check this out for sure.

When is it coming out? They said Q2 2017, and that Steam was supposed to have early access. I'm ready to buy this day1 on the PS4.

I downloaded a Ps2 emulator and and gave Fire Pro Wrestling Returns a shot and I thought the game sucked. I've always been a fan of Pro wrestling games too. The way you can customize everything is cool, but I need more to a game than just playing paper dolls. I really wanted to like this game too, but the mechanics just aren't for me.

If anybody wants to try it I was able to run this game on a very low end computer. With some googling it's not hard to figure out where to download the game/iso and a PS2 emulator.

Last edited:
I keep checking for news on either the early access or the actual release date but no luck so far.

Day 1 buy for sure.. Only good rasslin' game series still going that I'm aware of.

I bought a 3 pack of PS2 games at Walmart. I think one of them is Fire Pro Wrestling. I always thought No Mercy for N64 was the best Wrestling game I played. I will check this out since I have it.

I've been playing Fire Pro games since 99 when I would play the SFPWXP rom on a SNES emulator. Fire Pro Returns was great.

I'm looking forward to this. But it really does look like "more of the same". Which would be fine if they're just trying to gain a wider fan base with the Steam release, and make a new one with more modes. I want career mode/etc.

Hopefully it comes to Europe. Was a nightmare finding Fire Pro Returns on PS2 here back in the day.

It was also a huge disappointment seeing 'Fire Pro Wrestling' in the Xbox live arcade only to find out it was some kind of Xbox avatar abomination with the same name, shit had executive decisions all over it.

Anyone try this out yet?

It's your usual Fire Pro Wrestling experience. The graphics are better, but at the moment it's really barebones. The UI could use some work as well. I'm just glad it made it's way to the PC.

Here's to hoping they add some more modern features, like a GM mode or story mode.

Anyone try this out yet?

It's your usual Fire Pro Wrestling experience. The graphics are better, but at the moment it's really barebones. The UI could use some work as well. I'm just glad it made it's way to the PC.

Here's to hoping they add some more modern features, like a GM mode or story mode.
They're definitely adding a booking mode. They've been releasing new moves weekly and making improvements to the game as well as focusing on player feedback on the forums. And man, the mods really improve the game so much. I can recreate the G1 Climax 27 final in the Tokyo Dome, tear through the WCW roster with Goldberg on Nitro, or go back in time and watch Terry Funk and Stan Hansen brawl in All Japan.

Blood shaders, slow ring out counts, and texture packs alone make a big difference. I am really excited to see where this game goes.

Never played Fire Pro before, how does it compare to the GOAT WWF No Mercy on the N64?

Back