FIras Zahabi shares funny story about GSP

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Rogan: have you ever had anyone knock him out?

Zahabi: He got dropped in practice once pretty badly. And its a funny story... one time he got dropped in practice and i wanted to pull the plug. It was for a wolrd title fight, he was fighting dan hardy. Two weeks before the fight. I told him lets not do this last round (there was one more round). He said to me "coach let me finish the next round im ok".
And i felt it like if i pulled him i would have killed his confidence. So i said ok you can do the next round.

And i then i told the guy he was sparing. I wishpered: "do not land a single glove on him, just take a mauling".

And george went into the next round not knowing that the other guy is not allowed to hit him at all.

Rogan: hahahahaha

Zahabi: And he just crushes the guy, mauls him, this and that. And i was really, really greatful to the other guy, who was a pro, that he took the beating that we asked him to. And george was like "man, that 4th round went bad, but on the 5th i was amazing, i was on fire in there. This is how i am gonna look like on fight night" and then he went "good thing this is friday im gonna have a free day tomorrow". And i went "george today is saturday". And he was shocked.

And the UFC was there filming, so i went "guys this footage cant air, this footage needs to disapear". And he was fighting hardy two weeks later. Thats why that fight he did a lot of wrestling we didnt want to take any chances. I was sure he had a concussion"

They go on talking about it a bit more. Worth a listen. Video is cued.

Last edited:
Doesn’t Firas want GSP to fight 140 pound Mayweather?

Ya I caught most of that podcast it was really good. Firas is a pretty smart dude it seems.

That's pretty damn funny actually. I love hearing little stories like this about fighters sometimes.

The Champ-Champ does what he wants... 155 can't handle the riddum!!!

Shit like this is why GSP thinks aliens abducted him, motherfucker is out here losing entire days in sparring taking shots in practice.

Shout out to the bro pro that let Georges work him for a round so he wouldn't be shook come fight day.

Hardy fight was a great one. I took a big shit, banged a 10, did some blow, called another thot for later, and still got back in time to take a 10 minute nap before the fight ended.

Hardy fight was a great one. I took a big shit, banged a 10, did some blow, called another thot for later, and still got back in time to take a 10 minute nap before the fight ended.
Translation: I'm a virgin nerd

Doesn’t Firas want GSP to fight 140 pound Mayweather?
Yeah, within 2 weeks of GSP vacating MW for colitis, Zahabi says they are angling for a McGregor or Mayweather fight.

Weak!

That '10' must have been real satisfied.

fYzVt2F.png

Scared of his counter, but I get Zhabi, he still isn't perfect. He just has that Anderson Silva fear on his opponents.

Firas is great coach. Not a fan friendly one but great nonetheless.

Zahabi is the best coach in the business.

Thanks TS, havent found time to listen to the podcast yet, looking forward to it.

Rogan: have you ever had anyone knock him out?

Zahabi: He got dropped in practice once pretty badly. And its a funny story... one time he got dropped in practice and i wanted to pull the plug. It was for a wolrd title fight, he was fighting dan hardy. Two weeks before the fight. I told him lets not do this last round (there was one more round). He said to me "coach let me finish the next round im ok".
And i felt it like if i pulled him i would have killed his confidence. So i said ok you can do the next round.

And i then i told the guy he was sparing. I wishpered: "do not land a single glove on him, just take a mauling".

And george went into the next round not knowing that the other guy is not allowed to hit him at all.

Rogan: hahahahaha

Zahabi: And he just crushes the guy, mauls him, this and that. And i was really, really greatful to the other guy, who was a pro, that he took the beating that we asked him to. And george was like "man, that 4th round went bad, but on the 5th i was amazing, i was on fire in there. This is how i am gonna look like on fight night" and then he went "good thing this is friday im gonna have a free day tomorrow". And i went "george today is saturday". And he was shocked.

And the UFC was there filming, so i went "guys this footage cant air, this footage needs to disapear". And he was fighting hardy two weeks later. Thats why that fight he did a lot of wrestling we didnt want to take any chances. I was sure he had a concussion"

They go on talking about it a bit more. Worth a listen. Video is cued.

Sounds like a dick move for a sparring partner. But its Firas so not surprised

Back