Firas says GSP will return for "the most interesting, epic fight"

Conor has said he has no interest in fighting GSP. Not going to happen unless GSP can do something worthwhile to offer Conor like win the WW belt.

Conor will fight Tony next.

I would pay money NOT to book GSP x Conor.

Literally would give up $60 for this fight not to occur.

Its unfortunate stunt bookings are now the norm and we no longer have semblance of sport, its just a nonstop circus.

The only interesting or epic fight for me would be if andy went on a roll and got the belt back and they fought for the 185 title.

Or he fights dc

Woodley fight does nothing for him, weak 170 champ, no drawing power. GSP has already proven to be all time WW goat, no need to go back there and steam roll a jobber. Pointless and low draw

Conor? Please, the outcome is already known. GSP can’t get motivated for this fight, never feels in danger and just jabs to a 50-45 with some take downs for good measure. We’ e Seen this before.

If thats true and if he retired again because of Collitits and comes then back for annother favorable match up having held up the MW title for more than a year (negotiations etc) without obviously any desire to fight even one elite MW, I am not interested at all in any of his future fights.

They would be as relevant as GSP vs. Kermit the frog

He had a good comeback fight against a skillwise fringe top10-15 MW fighter which was a great acomplishment but now he really devaluates everything built.
Don't under estimate the striking of Kermit D Frog.

George will be fighting again

giphy.gif

Meaning he's going to fight once every 4 years only to stir up the rankings in a division then go running for 4 years

Unless he’s ready to feed LeafSP to Woodley, Firas and GSP need to go away.

01_firas_zahabi.jpg

Villain-Spotlight-Series-Jafar-6.png

Arguably the best fighter and trainer of all time, and they need to go away?

Yeah. MMA fans are the absolute worst.

I believe his plan was

Bisping
Woodley
Conor

The biggest fight for GSP would be McGregor at 170lb. No other fight would come close.

GSP with McGregor in his corner vs Jacub Volkeman with Mayhem Miller in his corner and Earl Hebner as guess referee and Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and Putin as guess judges.

He is going for 155 and be a 3 division world champion is what I suspect as crazy as it sounds

Why not fight Woodley?

GSP is the GOAT, would be a great fight.

I want him to fight Woodley, but I don't think he wants to be stuck with a belt. He wants to be free and not have to defend. He doesn't have a lot of fights in him and he has already spent most of his career defending.

If he fights Conor, he can do it at a catch weight. Or even if he gets the belt, it's easier to give it up than to give the WW belt up.

Back