International Finland's President explains to President Moron that they don't rake forests to prevent forest fires

He's clearly learning. Whereas coal was far worse off, those promises were simply for the electorate at the time.

This time there is a monumental difference above and beyond where timber currently lies as opposed to coal. The defining event, the cataclysmic fire, is the stepping stone to make structural changes throughout the entire system. Even Trump is going to have a hard time fucking this one up for his team.

Logging doesn't prevent wildfires though, and especially not in outlying suburbs surrounded by scrub.
Just look at every other country with areas similar to California.
South Africa, Australia, Chile or Spain.
It's a fact of life, and the biggest contributor to the problem of dry grass and tinder is long periods of drought.
Drought which also makes burnoffs too dangerous to use.

Which says a lot about our Government when a Businessman-turned-President is elected instead of yet another Career Politician.

Which says a lot about our Government when a Businessman-turned-President is elected instead of yet another Career Politician.
That says more about a large section of our voting public and their understanding or lack thereof of the complexities of governance that they think someone with 0 experience in government can just come in and perform at the highest job in government.

That says more about a large section of our voting public and their understanding or lack thereof of the complexities of governance that they think someone with 0 experience in government can just come in and perform at the highest job in government.

Well it is what it is. It happened and we're all dealing with it. Some better than others. :D

Meanwhile, Trump is "raking" in the dough. <----- Corny Pun

As opposed to the news' focus on his ridiculous rhetoric? I'd say its 90/10 at this point. But, hopefully more people soon realize what's really happening

Depends on where you look for "news".
"Stupid shit Trump just said/tweeted" is the equivalent of celebrity gossip.

Well it is what it is. It happened and we're all dealing with it. Some better than others. :D
I'm laughing at it, nothing to deal with, my life hasn't been affected by this goof, so it's meh to me. But he's definitely an incompetent idiot and watching people desperately defend him is hilarious.

Translation : Stop thinking for yourself. Think like us Liberals. ONLY like us Liberals. YOU WILL think like us Liberals. <{jackyeah}>

Translation: I'm too stupid to have a response, but I want into this exchange anyways.

Thanks for your input.

Hahaha look it's president moron being fucking stupid again....let's laugh at him and make ourselves feel better!!!!

What you fucking idiots don't realize is that all this shit, all his rhetoric, pinning this on Forestry Management, raking, etc...is all part of the fucking plan to get the logging industry firmly in his pockets. He's repaying what was already given. Re-establishing an industry that is otherwise going away. He's laughing all the way to the bank while the liberals dont even realize what's actually happening, they are too busy celebrating Trump's perceived idiocy to dig any deeper.
<mma4>

I'm laughing at it, nothing to deal with, my life hasn't been affected by this goof, so it's meh to me. But he's definitely an incompetent idiot and watching people desperately defend him is hilarious.

It's not affecting me and I think he's doing a great job, all things considering. <Fedor23>

I will say that Trump needs to run by some of the things he says by somebody before he says them. He doesn't have to take tge persons advice, but he needs more feedback.

His quickness to make remarks without running them through a filter can be both a strength, and a weakness. Corporate pc politicians have a real thick filter, and it prevents some stupid moments, but at other times or prevents common sense as well.

Why wouldn't he say that then? Unless he just makes up new terms for things and expects us to figure it out.

That "raking the forest" statement is dumb.

But even the concept of "poor forest management " (controlled burns for ex) gets shit on.

Back