International Finland's President explains to President Moron that they don't rake forests to prevent forest fires

You can't cut down trees in state land in CA. There are dumb laws. The forests are in need of thinning badly. But you can't even cut diseased trees.

The President is right.

I thought I’d read something like that. Seems like people twist the presidents words to complain about them. I also saw a missing person number of 7-800, that’s scary as heck.

The #rakenews got a good laugh outta me

You can't cut down trees in state land in CA. There are dumb laws. The forests are in need of thinning badly. But you can't even cut diseased trees.

The President is right.

So then shouldn't Trump have said it was California's fault for outlawing Christmas trees? There is absolutely no way to conflate this with "raking". Clutch those straws.

Finland and California have very different climates lol. Comparing apples and oranges, or pomegranates and mangosteen for those of you feeling exotic. Finnish president lost his suomi

I thought this was going to be a Macron thread but then saw it was too smart for Macron.

I'd assume the president meant clear undergrowth and other dead dry vegetation that mats the ground.

Is this really threadworthy?

I'd assume the president meant clear undergrowth and other dead dry vegetation that mats the ground.

Is this really threadworthy?

What do you think about his promise to deliver a great climate since climate change isn't a thing? Sounds significant.

Hahaha look it's president moron being fucking stupid again....let's laugh at him and make ourselves feel better!!!!

What you fucking idiots don't realize is that all this shit, all his rhetoric, pinning this on Forestry Management, raking, etc...is all part of the fucking plan to get the logging industry firmly in his pockets. He's repaying what was already given. Re-establishing an industry that is otherwise going away. He's laughing all the way to the bank while the liberals dont even realize what's actually happening, they are too busy celebrating Trump's perceived idiocy to dig any deeper.

Of course since forest management strategy is so dependent on the geography (latitude included) and flora, I'm not sure why he thought Finland could possibly be a good model for California.
Even if raking was their solution...

It's a good model because... rape!

Hahaha look it's president moron being fucking stupid again....let's laugh at him and make ourselves feel better!!!!

What you fucking idiots don't realize is that all this shit, all his rhetoric, pinning this on Forestry Management, raking, etc...is all part of the fucking plan to get the logging industry firmly in his pockets. He's repaying what was already given. Re-establishing an industry that is otherwise going away. He's laughing all the way to the bank while the liberals dont even realize what's actually happening, they are too busy celebrating Trump's perceived idiocy to dig any deeper.

Like he did with coal? Are you aware coal is doing worse than ever, despite his promises? What makes you think that this is the time he won't be a fucking moron?

Actually it's all over the news that his "forest clearing" rhetoric is probably part of his support for logging.

Actually it's all over the news that his "forest clearing" rhetoric is probably part of his support for logging.
He's clearly learning. Whereas coal was far worse off, those promises were simply for the electorate at the time.

This time there is a monumental difference above and beyond where timber currently lies as opposed to coal. The defining event, the cataclysmic fire, is the stepping stone to make structural changes throughout the entire system. Even Trump is going to have a hard time fucking this one up for his team.

As opposed to the news' focus on his ridiculous rhetoric? I'd say its 90/10 at this point. But, hopefully more people soon realize what's really happening

Back